• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR 2 vs QUEST 2 vs QUEST PRO lens comparison

Danknugz

Can someone help me out?
I have been using a lot of VR headsets in the past, including Quest 1 and others, but all of them are not yet made for me since I cannot stand looking through binoculars - the FOV is nowhere near what I can accept.
Is PSVR2 any better in that regard? I hear it has 110degrees FOV so my question is, is it a significant upgrade? Or it is still having massive "binoculars effect"?
If the effect is still present, I will pass even this generation of VR.
nope, the best FoV is index which is approx 130 and imo still not enough. I feel the same way about VR. It should not be this flimsy overhyped kaleidoscope experience.

MarkMe2525

nope, the best FoV is index which is approx 130 and imo still not enough. I feel the same way about VR. It should not be this flimsy overhyped kaleidoscope experience.
This isn't an accurate representation of what VR is today. PSVR2, Quest 3, high end PC VR can teleport you to another world.
I just got the Quest 3 today and these new lenses are game changers. There is no more sweetspot, the whole thing is a sweetspot.

MarkMe2525

We are still far away from a pristine iq in vr, no matter the lens type.
I can't agree. It's really really good today on the right equipment, and in another generation you will be able to replace your displays if you were so inclined. I just spent the day with my new Quest 3 (coming from Quest 1 and PSVR1) and holy smokes it is awesome. Red Matter 2 just released a 4k texture pack, and "pristine" is within arms reach.

Top Bottom