• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 Announced (Crowdfunding on Fig, PC/PS4/XB1, UE4, $3.3M goal--funded!)

valeo

So, Double Fine have just completely given up on funding games themselves?

They just don't have the money to make the games they want to make.

As a company who have a lot of properties that play on nostalgia; I don't see a problem leveraging that.

When f*cking Sony is crowdfunding, then I don't see why people hammer DF for doing it.

Firehead

FUCK YES! Crowdfunded or whatever the fuck, I'm so fucking happy about this. I've replayed Psychonauts about a dozen goddamned times and I still love it! Fuck yes!!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yes. More 2 Player Productions documentary videos!

TEJZ2Fl.png

-MD-

I should go back and finish the original. I got like 4-5 hours in a few years ago and dropped it.

pizzacat

Banned
Fucking crowdfunding huh? Fine it's going to be the first and last one I donate to I guess whatever Tim give me grim next

psychotron

Holy shit!!!!! I just posted the other day how I tweeted Tim and Yosp begging for a sequel and Tim favorited it!! That sneaky bastard.

FiraB

Banned
Backed but I don't know how they will reach that goal, they have burnt a fuck load of bridges to get to where they are right now.

jett

D-Member
They have made the same mistake as Indivisible, not using kickstarter. 3 million on a virtually unknown platform? Good luck.

At least this time they had the foresight of making the documentary available to everyone.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, Double Fine have just completely given up on funding games themselves?

They have literally never funded games themselves. Psychonauts was funded by Microsoft and Majesco. Brutal Legend by EA. Costume Quest and Stacking by THQ, Once Upon a Monster by WB, Iron Brigade; DFHAT; and Kinect Party by MS; The Cave by Sega; Autonomous by Sony; Broken Age and Massive Chalice by KS backers; Spacebase DF-9 and Hack 'n' Slash by Indie Fund, Middle Manager of Justice by Dracogen; Headlander by Adult Swim Games; and Grim Fandango Remastered partially by Sony and presumably partially by Disney/LucasArts. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
They have made the same mistake as Indivisible, not using kickstarter. 3 million on a virtually unknown platform? Good luck.

(this unknown platform accepts investor money--they could accept 3.3 million from venture capital or publishers tonight if they wanted to)

Skrams

Is there a rule on fig for extensions or time limits? Set to only 30ish days or can be any amount of time or certain extensions if you reach a minimum funding?

entremet

They have literally never funded games themselves. Psychonauts was funded by Microsoft and Majesco. Brutal Legend by EA. Costume Quest and Stacking by THQ, Once Upon a Monster by WB, Iron Brigade; DFHAT; and Kinect Party by MS; The Cave by Sega; Autonomous by Sony; Broken Age and Massive Chalice by KS backers; Spacebase DF-9 and Hack 'n' Slash by Indie Fund, Middle Manager of Justice by Dracogen; Headlander by Adult Swim Games; and Grim Fandango Remastered partially by Sony and presumably partially by Disney/LucasArts. :p
Thank you for this post.

Tons of silliness here.

I've never played part 1.

Is it worth it?

Can I play it on PS4/XBONE?

Failing that,

PS3/360?
You can get it for cheap on steam. Even a toaster will run it at maximum settings and 60 FPS. Yep, it's definitely worth it, it's a great and VERY unique experience. The hype in this thread should be proof enough ;P.

Malus

"3D action platformers with colorful stylized graphics and humor"

AAAGGGHGHG YES

THIS, SPECIFICALLY, IS WHY I BOUGHT A FUCKING PS4

IN CASE SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE THIS SHIT HAPPENED

If Okami 2 happens my head will explode, what's left of it.

Not expecting this at all WOHOOOOOO Nice surprise!

Expecting a couple millions on the first hours for the bang factor, just like Shenmue.

Top Bottom