• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 Announced (Crowdfunding on Fig, PC/PS4/XB1, UE4, $3.3M goal--funded!)

sn00zer

Watching the trailer....

Hmmm looks like an indie game

Ah this'll be neat

A little girl who controls bombs with her mind, thats a fun little MGS joke

SEND IN THE PSYCHONAUTS!

w........t........f.......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zubz

Banned
I'm excited that we have a shot at Psychonauts 2 happening, but it's not even on IndieGoGo? I've never heard of this crowdfunding site before now. Either way, here's hoping it happens!

Bsigg12

I'm excited that we have a shot at Psychonauts 2 happening, but it's not even on IndieGoGo? I've never heard of this crowdfunding site before now. Either way, here's hoping it happens!

The founder of FIG (fund indie games) is the ex-CFO of Doublefine.

robotrock

Banned
3.3 million, how does that sustain a team working in San Francisco on a current gen video game for three years? I saw the numbers!!

Where are they getting the undisclosed money from!!

3.3? For Tim Schafer? When do you guess he runs out of money, like a tenth of the way through production and a year behind schedule?

Cool though, I actually just bought Psychonauts on steam so I guess this is some incentive to run through it again.

Espada

That is one HELL of a surprise, holy crap. I cannot wait for this, Psychonauts was a fantastic game that definitely deserved a follow up.

sad-crying-gif.gif

YES!!!!!!!! I just........wow

AmuroChan

3.3 million, how does that sustain a team working in San Francisco on a current gen video game for three years? I saw the numbers!!

Where are they getting the undisclosed money from!!

Investors via Fig, like myself. My investment is on top of they get from crowdfunding.

tRlBwGO.jpg

MGrant

It looks like Double Fine ARE funding part of this themselves (about a quarter according to the infographic on the fig page). So about a $15m total budget, give or take, which sounds about right. Can't wait. I gotta get some funds into my US bank account so I can back it, too.

Vamphuntr

Good question! Below is a close approximation on how the investment will perform for every $500 invested*:

You will generally earn $2.50 for every $68,376 of adjusted gross revenue until $13.33M in total adjusted gross revenue;
Thereafter, you will generally earn $1 for every $68,376 of adjusted gross revenue, subject to certain deductions as outlined in the private placement memorandum available to yo

This doesn't seem like a good investment.

So, investing is interesting. Anyone checking it out?

Looked at it and it seem not worth it. They have to sell 700k copies at an average of 21$ per copy for your investment to break even, just then you will start making profit. Considering it took 10 years for Psychonauts to reach 1.6m sales and probably at a lower average $ per copy sold I'm not convinced.

I did pledge though, #77 backer. Psychonauts is one of my favorite games of all time and I'm overjoyed a sequel is finally there.

Top Bottom