• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 Art Test w/ Tim and Zak (Prototype footage)

Hale-XF11

Looks so cool! Raz's new moves look great. I assume some of those moves may or may not make it into the final game, but it's still fun to see this stuff so early. That clone projection move looks like it has opportunities for some pretty fun game play.

Crayolan

I dont even think having a mechanic like that is a bad idea in theory considering it would lead to more interesting platforming.

The mechanic isn't new, the animation is. In the original Raz would glide by hanging onto the levitation ball from below.

xviper

this looks amazing, the first game is one of the best platformer games i have ever played, can't wait for the sequel

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn this looks great already! I was not expecting this from pre alpha material on this game. I'm actually tempted to invest with fig as the original is still one of my favorite games ever but was a bit burned out with the last couple Double Fine games. Hopefully this is a return to form as its already looking good in such an early early state!

Absolutely gorgeous art test, wow. The animation on the levitation ball, and the potential throwing knives/batons, are fantastic. All the animations are looking great.

Hope the updates go out at least a bit more often going forward, but man, this was certainly a meaty one.

Yeah, it's been a bit quiet. Even though they did say that we shouldn't expect as tight coverage as Broken Age, you kinda want more, because when they do update, it's really good. Hopefully the problem surrounding fig being resolved will enable them to update more often, when those questions are out of the way.

rawbhawb

I've waited over a decade for a sequel to Psychonauts; seeing gameplay in motion, even if it's just a prototype, makes me very happy.

Game looks great on Unreal Engine 4. Very nice, it makes me want a Psychonauts 1 remake. But then again, I would rather see them focus their efforts on the sequel. This is a good test though.,

membran

I really should get around to playing the first.

You really should. The PC Version still looks good in native 1080p and supports the 360/Xbox One controller (though I think they didn't put in the Xbox button prompts, but this can be modded, iirc).

Just push quickly through that first tutorial level ("Basic Braining"), which I think is the worst level in the game.

Pokemon-Piplup-Crying-Reaction-Gif.gif

Top Bottom