• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts ROX!

Matlock

Banned
Lazy bulletpoint thing since I'm still working on the first level...

+It's fuckin' ART.
+It's fuckin' FUNNY.
+It's fuckin' FUN.

-Loading's a bit long on the PS2.

I love it!

I <3 Psychonauts

Matlock

Banned
72274287_0354de6284_m.jpg

Is it wrong that I always think the endboss of Little Nemo is rappin? I mean, he has the pose and all.

Rorschach said:
Huh? Did it go budget?

Recieved it for free from another Gaffer for providing a service (i.e. donating toys and games to kids).

Tarazet

Rorschach said:
Huh? Did it go budget?

$10 at Toys 'R' Us (for the PS2 version) = yes, I think it's fair to say that.

Glad to see another convert. The haters had me worried that nobody would like this wonderful game again. :(

I didn't think it's that funny. It's humorous, but not my kind of funny so far. Just made it past the first levels and did a bit of exploring, though.

Amir0x

Banned
Trash the PS2 version, get the Xbox version.

My pros and cons of doing this:

+ Much better framerate
+ Much better loading
+ Better texturing
+ Less glitching

- nothing

Amir0x

Banned
Matlock said:
I don't have an Xbox and the PS2 version was free. Framerate and textures are good to me, too, so eh.

I'll give you a free Xbox if you provide certain services to me.

you know

*zip*

Tech Nine

Banned
Does the game get better after basic braining? I stoped after that and thought it was just an average platformer,and the only reason it's recieving praise is it's made by tim schafer

Speevy

Banned
Buy the PC version then. Trust me. There's a significant difference between the two console versions.

Even if you're satisfied with the PS2 version, you have no idea what you're missing.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Such a brilliant game.

Edit: Basic Braining is very very very easy. The rest of the game is much better.

Amir0x

Banned
Tech Nine said:
Does the game get better after basic braining? I stoped after that and thought it was just an average platformer,and the only reason it's recieving praise is it's made by tim schafer

I don't think you're too far off the mark. But, I'm not ashamed to say that a good part of the reason I loved Psychonauts was because of the trademark Tim Schafer humour/story/characters. He sets up this really appealing world, and this funny situations with brilliant set pieces. So if that aspect doesn't interest you, then a good deal of the games charm is gone. Aside from that, it's a fairly solid platforming game in its own right. But it won't set the world on fire, imo.

Matlock

Banned
About the level design: in basic braining...after I got to the big turret, I was like "ok I'll jump in and see what's down this OH WAIT AN ENTIRELY NEW WORLD IS DOWN HERE WHAT THE FUCK AND I'M WALKING DOWN THE WALL HOLY SHIT."

StoOgE

Matlock said:
About the level design: in basic braining...after I got to the big turret, I was like "ok I'll jump in and see what's down this OH WAIT AN ENTIRELY NEW WORLD IS DOWN HERE WHAT THE FUCK AND I'M WALKING DOWN THE WALL HOLY SHIT."

ha ha, basic braining is by far the least imaginative level too. Just wait till the milkman. ITS SOOOO GOOOD.

Amir0x

Banned
StoOgE said:
ha ha, basic braining is by far the least imaginative level too. Just wait till the milkman. ITS SOOOO GOOOD.

Black Velvetopia > all imho

'cause I'm a big ol' druggie at heart

Tarazet

I really liked the boss stage that takes place on the sides of a die. I thought that was especially inventive and impressive.

Matlock

Banned
Amir0x said:

ho ho ho

Do you still want the DDS box?

I'm eeking my ass off right now, buster.

StoOgE

Amir0x said:

that was my favorite charachter and art direction, and I loved the fights... but the puzzles in the milkman were classic tim.

xaosslug

i saw it for $29.99 at Wal-Mart today, almost bought it... again.

the game doesn't really start kicking ass until the powers start rolling in. oh yeahhhhh. really good/fun game indeed. but, some of the levels are really freaking frustrating.

Unison

Wow, this has way more posts than the Advent Rising thread!

Psychonauts sure does rock.

The Milkman Conspiracy and Lungfishopolis seem like the sorta levels a gamer never, ever forgets.

Unison

OMFG, I hope my Xbox hard drive never dies so I can play Psychonauts when I am old.

Oh wait... PC Version FTW!

Speevy

Banned
The game has sold something like 15,000 copies on the Xbox, and even less on the PS2. I don't think MS will jump through hoops to tweak that emulator for it.

Speevy

Banned
I remember the first month's sales, which were around 12k. I thought I remember that the PS2 version sold less, but I could be wrong.

Do you have the numbers?

In any case, it bombed, by anyone's estimation.

Rorschach

Wario64 said:
Should be $30, at least the Xbox version is
:lol I was just saying that because of the original poster. I already have the game and played it shortly after release. PC FOR LYFE!

Top Bottom