• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer supports Shareplay (and yes, it did work before)

CREMSteve

Old news?

Was showing off some system features to a friend who just picked up a PS4, and tried to play PT. Shareplay no longer works for this game. :(

Flandy

Now I can't charge people $5 an hour to play it (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

CREMSteve

It probably didn't support it to begin with
Nah, I've done it before with no issues. Definitely a new development. The message is weird too, says something along the lines of "This game is not available in your region so you can't play it."

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
RIP Wario's income.

k7NmAPH.png

aember

Nah, I've done it before with no issues. Definitely a new development. The message is weird too, says something along the lines of "This game is not available in your region so you can't play it."
It's probably related to being removed from the store, because IIRC any game you Shareplay is added to your library feed, which you can then click to go to its store page and purchase the title.

Ricky_R

I don't understand why people act surprised any more. They will probably put an expiration date for those who have the game installed on their systems, just wait for it.

border

Such insanity!

Instead of trying to wipe PT from existence, why don't they just remove the Silent Hills trailer at the end, and start charging money for it? There's clearly significant demand.

Trogdor1123

I don't understand why people act surprised any more. They will probably put an expiration date for those who have the game installed on their systems, just wait for it.

Through a "stability" patch or something. I totally agree it will happen.

Pillville

This is what I'm waiting on. The meltdown will be insane.

.......Actually, what will happen is a $1.99 re-packaging will be release on PSN.

Artex

Banned
I still have PT installed. Are the PS4's on Ebay actually selling at those exorbitant prices? If so, this could be the key to me fixing my dead PC issue :p

Konami are fucking monsters.

Shame on Sony for allowing this to even be possible though.

Don't worry, soon Sony will make right by employing Kojima-san.

Eggbok

I wouldn't even be shocked at this point if they killed all the licenses for the people who have it downloaded.

Tomodachi

Are they going to try and wipe our memories of the game next? Erase every proof of its existence from the internet? This is getting crazy, such a shameful moment for the company.

MUnited83

For you.
Jesus, next step is sending robbers to people's houses to erase it from the console.

And then hire hitmen to kill everyone whoever player it. With pachinko machines.

Its because it makes an icon on the clients ps4 but it doesnt exist. Thats why.

In short.. They have changed nothing. This is a problem that comes with deleting a game from the store.

playXray

This isn't a patch. When a game is played through shareplay a tiny new 'shareplay version' of the app is installed locally, even if you already have the full game installed. As PT has been completely removed from the PSN, this shareplay version is no longer available.

It's likely the same for any game that's been totally removed from the PSN.

Top Bottom