• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer supports Shareplay (and yes, it did work before)

Adan0s

But that would also mean the account owner is German I think?

Hopefully so, though it still sucks for Germans. PS+ may get shut off one day.

Just doublechecked, it's really tied to the expiration of my ps+ sub (I'm from germany).
Sorry for the panic, didn't it was tied to it here.
Anyone knows why?

They did make sure the game would be completely pulled from the store. So yes, they did this.
They didn't specifically drop Shareplay support. It's a side-effect, sure.
Just doublechecked, it's really tied to the expiration of my ps+ sub (I'm from germany).
Anyone knows why?
Something to do with 18+ rated games not being allowed to be given away for free, I think?

theRizzle

Anyone knows why?

I think anything over a certain rating has to be tied to a PS+ account in Germany to make sure that you are of age or something like that?

Artex

Banned
Is Konami going to be present at Gamescom? If so, I hope visitors give them a "warm welcome" of loud protest.

Why would they care if they are consciously removing the customer base? The people complaining about their decisions related to their gaming business are not the same people that will boycott pachinko machines.

What is going to happen to the Metal Gear IP though is what I want to know. Sell it to Sony and Sony can pick up Kojima's team. He would be nice and comfy there I think and can stay in Tokyo.

FranXico

Why would they care if they are consciously removing the customer base? The people complaining about their decisions related to their gaming business are not the same people that will boycott pachinko machines.

If word of their disrespect for costumers goes around, it might generate enough suspicion to impact their other businesses.

DieH@rd

Banned
FUCK. I knew this bullshit would happen.

Next up, deleting PT game installation from PS4s that are connected to the Internet.

Garlador

If word of their disrespect for costumers goes around, it might generate enough suspicion to impact their other businesses.

If there was any justice, yeah, Konami is currently poison for video game business and game makers.

... Which is why they're jumping all-in to fields outside of console gaming, burning every bridge behind them because they simply don't care about those people anymore.

You can't even boycott them because they're actively boycotting YOU.

RIP Wario's income.

k7NmAPH.png

Should of marketed it as Scareplay Wario!

Artex

Banned

You may be right actually. If there is enough public outcry of how generally shitty Konami is, people not privy to the details will probably just jump on the bandwagon, kinda like (extreme example) how people who don't even have or have to deal with Comcast hate them anyways due to public sentiment.

In that case, protest onward!

Anyone knows why?

Apparently involves USK shenanigans. 18+ content cannot be absolutely free. Sony went for the closest thing.

hesido

This isn't a patch. When a game is played through shareplay a tiny new 'shareplay version' of the app is installed locally, even if you already have the full game installed. As PT has been completely removed from the PSN, this shareplay version is no longer available.

It's likely the same for any game that's been totally removed from the PSN.

"A tiny shareplay version of the app" is a bit speculative. At best, maybe a generic wrapper that allows the remote play (and it could check for "remote playable" flag from PSN servers).. I'm also speculating myself here but I don't think we can talk about different tiny specific versions of apps. Don't think remote play installs anything locally if you ask me.

Fisty

Hopefully people will still be able to stream it, but at this rate who even knows anymore

Glad i redownloaded 2 days before this mess

Tainted

I don't understand why people act surprised any more. They will probably put an expiration date for those who have the game installed on their systems, just wait for it.

Yup, it seems as though they are trying to erase this game from existence. I think I may have to play through it a few more times before it happens. I have updated my PT/Silent Hills checklist

Step 1: Cancel Silent Hills
Step 2: Delist P.T.
Step 3: Remove P.T. from PS Servers
Step 4: Force Ebay to remove PS4s with PT installed
Step 5: Disable shareplay for P.T.
Step 6: Force google to remove P.T. videos, playthroughs etc
Step 7: Force other streaming sites such as Twitch to do likewise
Step 8: De-authorise P.T. on PSN which disables everyone's copy of P.T.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It probably didn't support it to begin with
It did. I watched my friend play it (and it was pretty entertaining, as I had already played it myself) the other day.

I can almost understand why they'd remove it from the store, if there's a bandwidth/listing fee or whatever and they don't want to spend a single more cent on it. Awful and dickish move but okay.

But removing Shareplay? This literally doesn't affect them in anyway. Pure pettiness on their part. Ugh.

They REALLY don't want people to play this game. Maybe they think if we don't play it, we'll forget about how fucked up everything at Konami is?

Sayers

I like how a reasonable explanation for this was provided on the first page and yet the knee-jerk outrage continues.

sja_626

I'm concerned that the game was able to be completely removed from the store, not even redownloadable by those who "purchased" it. I'd like to think this is just only possible because the game was free and that it will never happen to something people have paid money for :/ But who knows?

webrunner

Yup, it seems as though they are trying to erase this game from existence. I think I may have to play through it a few more times before it happens. I have updated my PT/Silent Hills checklist

Step 1: Cancel Silent Hills
Step 2: Delist P.T.
Step 3: Remove P.T. from PS Servers
Step 4: Force Ebay to remove PS4s with PT installed
Step 5: Disable shareplay for P.T.
Step 6: Force google to remove P.T. videos, playthroughs etc
Step 7: Force other streaming sites such as Twitch to do likewise
Step 8: De-authorise P.T. on PSN which disables everyone's copy of P.T.

Step 9: Put chemicals in water supply that remove people's memories of P.T.
Step 10: Petition England to remove letters "P" and "T" from english alphabet
Se 11: lace seakers on every hillop so hey are never silen again
Se 12: desroy earh

Tainted

Step 9: Put chemicals in water supply that remove people's memories of P.T.
Step 10: Petition England to remove letters "P" and "T" from english alphabet
Se 11: lace seakers on every hillop so hey are never silen again
Se 12: desroy earh

haha Well played Sir

Top Bottom