• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer supports Shareplay (and yes, it did work before)

But for those of us who had watched Konami transform in those furious days... it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this company back up again- for the rest of time- it would be like nobody even knew PT was ever here.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Its because it makes an icon on the clients ps4 but it doesnt exist. Thats why.

In short.. They have changed nothing. This is a problem that comes with deleting a game from the store.
Or with cross-region play where often it doesn't know that game id XXX is also game id XXX in another region.

Well, it's definitely expiring
It only expires in countries where it's tied to PS+; i.e. Germany.

So patch that disables the game incoming?

I thought of this from the start but thought it was unlikely, but by now I feel my hard drive is in series patch danger.

>Delists game from store
Oh that sucks, good thing it's already mine. :)

>Disables redownload
Oh shit I should make a backup sometime in the next few weeks in case anything ever happens to my PS4. :/

>Disables shareplay
Fuck theyre erasing it from history, here comes the patch :(

RootCause

a012b0f2e8e23f30ee3ecbec409b821576192a430f7ab99c22f24a77f5b4003f.jpg

Seriously, is there anyway of protecting against the inevitable patch of death?

The Cowboy

So patch that disables the game incoming?

This is exactly what I'm expecting, a patch with some notes on it saying things like "fixes x and adjusts y" and its actually just a patch to break the game so anyone who is unlucky to download it gets their PT broken.

Mandelbo

I can't understand what they're trying to accomplish with this. How does preventing shareplay benefit them in any way? Sure, this could be said for basically anything concerning PT recently, but this especially comes off as petulant and unnecessary. Surely they realise the futility of trying to erase it from existence?

Has anybody tried backing-up the aplication file via pendrive and selling it for $100 because I'm thinkg of doing that xD

you can't backup a title individually on ps4 (or ps3) you had to backup the whole hdd, and even then I'm not sure if the license will be automatically restored when you restore the backup to new PS4.

I can't understand what they're trying to accomplish with this. How does preventing shareplay benefit them in any way? Sure, this could be said for basically anything concerning PT recently, but this especially comes off as petulant and unnecessary. Surely they realise the futility of trying to erase it from existence?

maybe they're trying to kill the game access as much as they can so they can later it sell the demo for a price.

I can't believe the lengths Konami is willing to go to alienate its (former) customer base. Pretty impressive, we can at least give them that.

The only thing left is for Konami to put out a death patch that prevents the game from booting.

I'm almost beginning to expect it.

KyleCross

I saw someone in another P.T. thread state that you can turn off automatic updates on a per-game basis? Anyone know about that?

Sephzilla

As demonstrated earlier, it's sort of already there.

You know what, usually I don't care when people treat companies like people, but I'll make an exception for this whole conundrum: fuck Konami indeed.

I've seen this image before, I thought it was clarified that the 'end date' was just the dude's PS+ expiration?

Man, PT now feels like a massive cautionary tale about the downsides of the digital-only future

FranXico

I saw someone in another P.T. thread state that you can turn off automatic updates on a per-game basis? Anyone know about that?

No. You can only globally disable automatic updates, and then manually check for updates on a per-game basis.

Jawmuncher

Delisting from downloads on PSN and now no shareplay. Yeah this is nothing but Konami being jerks. Pretty sure soon they're going to try and go after all the videos and lets plays as well at this rate.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
There goes my last chance of ever playing this. Fuck off, Konami.

How are they "free" if you're still paying for the service?
Well played.

NHale

Can't wait for E3 announcement that P.T demo will be disabled via a patch but Konami is pleased to announce that the P.T. Fuck You Edition will be available on the PSN Store for 19.99 USD/19.99 EUR starting June 13th.

Extreme!

FranXico

Shareplay worked with PES 2015 at release as well and then Konami silently removed it

When did this happen?

On topic:

Fucking Konami. You despicable pieces of corporate shit.
You've finally done it. You are the worst of the worst. You've made the likes of Ubisoft, Activision and EA look good.

Fuck you to Hell. I am *never* touching anything from you again.

Yes, including MGS V. I am sorry, Kojima. I will happily play whatever your next game is, but even MGS V is too tainted by Konami's filth.

NeonBlack

Sony: What do you want us to do with PT?

Konami: Take it away from everyone.

Sony: But some people already have it in their library, we can just leave it up for dow

everyone.gif

FranXico

Is Konami going to be present at Gamescom? If so, I hope visitors give them a "warm welcome" of loud protest.

It's probably related to being removed from the store, because IIRC any game you Shareplay is added to your library feed, which you can then click to go to its store page and purchase the title.
Yep, it's probably to do with the way Shareplay works like this, since the game isn't officially available. I don't think Konami did this, guys.

Top Bottom