• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG devs become PUBG Corporation

Xater

Bluehole Ginno Games, the bit of Bluehole Studio behind the wildly successful FPS Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds [official site], is reportedly being expanded into a full-blown subsidiary named PUBG Corporation.

Plunkcorp say they’ll be able to act with more independence and efficiency. They plan to open Japanese and European arms to support and expand the game, to go along with their American one, and want to work more on eSports too.

Link to full article: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...attlegrounds-studio-becomes-pubg-corporation/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So no more "butthole" memes?

RPS' continuing attempts to try and make the term 'Plunkbat' catch on makes my skin crawl

137593505136.jpg

Kazuhira

I dunno,they could've chosen a better name like Royale-something.
Anyway,i'm happy for all the people involved with this stunning success.

N21

Naming yourself after your product is successful always spells trouble in my mind. Anyway, congratulations to PU and the team.

Dehnus

RPS' continuing attempts to try and make the term 'Plunkbat' catch on makes my skin crawl

137593505136.jpg

What's Plunkbat? Sorry, not that into PUBG,so I have no idea what that is or means :(.

Edit: Ahh, never mind PLayer UNKown BATtleground.

Aaand, I didn't know it was something else too :(.

Seems like a move to spin out the IP for a future sellout.

This way, they can split the company and only sell the PUBG part instead of all the assets and company other IP's.

If Mojang had done this, they'd still be around and would have only sold Minecraft, for instance.

redfox088

Banned
The actual name of the game is terrible but the acronym is just as bad......then they name their company after it. PR/Marketing needs to be the first investment.

Kyougar

I won't deny that there's a few companies that break the limits, but I'm certain that most fail run after.

The problem is not, that they are named after the game, the problem is, that they could be a one-trick pony.

I think the main reason to make this a seperate company, is to sell the whole company or parts of it, without affecting the mother company Bluehole. they could now get tencent money and still have 100% say in all their other games without the chinese interfering in them.

FireRises

The actual name of the game is terrible but the acronym is just as bad......then they name their company after it. PR/Marketing needs to be the first investment.

Yeah the name doesn't make any sense unless it's explained to you or you know the history / read a wiki.

Par Score

Makes sense.

Will make even more sense when they eventually sell it off.

Also Plunkbat is the best. Who's up for a game of Plunkbat?

N21

The problem is not, that they are named after the game, the problem is, that they could be a one-trick pony.

I think the main reason to make this a seperate company, is to sell the whole company or parts of it, without affecting the mother company Bluehole. they could now get tencent money and still have 100% say in all their other games without the chinese interfering in them.

Okay, thanks for the information, I was pretty clueless on why they would want to name it that way.

Top Bottom