• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

ZeroX03

Banned
Eurogamer gave it an 8 out of 10.

They mentioned in the review that it's only Pullblox and no Fallblox? Sounds good to me. Fallblox was not my thing. Loved the first game though.

Kouriozan

Some of the puzzles on Miiverse are amazing already!

Edit : Of course there is :

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01etsyu.jpg

-Setsuna-

Being able to try one of these instantly, without any kind of download and installation, is pretty neat.

Nah, but on my third entry in the series I think I could be allowed to bypass them
It's just a handful of text bubbles, mate. It's not that bad or annoying, really. ;)

daydream

Banned
Loving the soundtrack so far, really pleasant~

Being able to try one of these instantly, without any kind of download and installation, is pretty neat.

It's just a handful of text bubbles, mate. It's not that bad or annoying, really. ;)

Yeah, takes like three seconds to skip past the dialogue. GAF always gonna GAF when it comes to tutorials, though.

daydream

Banned
Man, some awesome-looking puzzles up already.

Currently trying to do one myself. :eek:

Edit: Need to unlock teleporters first, otherwise this isn't happening, haha.

Penguin

Stamps!

I love that these have slowly kind of become Nintendo's go to for unlockables

Also dig that they have Training which are more platforming challenges than puzzles.

Robin64

Was slightly worried there'd be no stamp album after the shambles that was Mario Kart 8, but I shouldn't have. There is one! And it's cute, too.

zlCfzSEOY6gHzbov8W

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So there's 26 stamps, it seems? Despite not using them, they act as a nice unlockable bonus because I want to see what the stamps are.

I forgot this was coming out so soon! I had $10 worth of rewards codes from the Digital Deluxe thing so I was able to get this for free.

Never played Crashmo but I love Pushmo, super excited to play this

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
my download is done but I got things to do

do you have to finish all 250 puzzles before you can share your own creations?
If it's like the 3DS game, no. You just need to reach certain puzzles in order to unlock new features to use or download puzzles that make use of them, I think.

Download's just about done, can't wait to try out some of the puzzles.

daydream

Banned
my download is done but I got things to do

do you have to finish all 250 puzzles before you can share your own creations?

If it's like the 3DS game, no. You just need to reach certain puzzles in order to unlock new features to use or download puzzles that make use of them, I think.

Download's just about done, can't wait to try out some of the puzzles.

You can start sharing and downloading puzzles
after the second round of puzzles, so maybe ~20 minutes in.

BowieZ

Banned
How does one share exactly - do you need to save the QR code to SD card on the Wii U then import onto a computer?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, there's a music player this time around. That's kind of cool. & kind of wish I could have it where A = Jump & X = grab, but B & Y will have to suffice.

Robin64

How does one share exactly - do you need to save the QR code to SD card on the Wii U then import onto a computer?

Miiverse. :)

Either uploading directly to it or taking a shot of a QR code for 3DS owners (assuming your puzzle only uses 3DS stuff)

Not getting the advertised discount (EU) although I have Pullblox 3DS on my account history. I no longer have the 3DS but purchases, as well as Wii U ones, are tied to the same account. Sent an email but want to play :(

zroid

Banned
Still haven't downloaded the GOTY because I have some work to do and some errands to run, but when I get back this will be mine.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Oh, I meant the whole tutorial levels, not the textbubbles :)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Downloaded this, forgot about the World Cup. I just raised my eyes to see the goals and back to the puzzles.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is it confirmed that NA does not get the discount for already owning Pushmo 3DS?
Sadly, no. Gonna mention my disappointment that we didn't get that in the Club Nintendo survey.

Nice to see a whole section of puzzles dedicated to the platforming in the training area. I remember at times that would be quite hard due to the placement of the blocks, so glad there was puzzles dedicated to learning how to get used to it.

maxcriden

Just out of curiosity, does the game teach you how to create a good Pushmo? Or is one's ability to create one more based on innate creative skill?

Shahadan

I'm surprised they haven't added something akin to the Super Guide in this one. Unlike with other games, Miiverse will be of no help at all.
I'm already seeing kids asking for help, good luck with that :lol:

npa189

No pro controller support? Ugh. Drives me insane that its optional for devs, gotta justify the gamepad somehow.

daydream

Banned
Just out of curiosity, does the game teach you how to create a good Pushmo? Or is one's ability to create one more based on innate creative skill?

Well, the game does explain the tools in great detail, but the rest is up to you. Obviously you develop a good sense for the mechanics by playing the game, but the creative process is very much a trial & error approach. Jumping in and out of the puzzle quickly to tweak and refine the actual completion path is key. If you're trying to reproduce pixel art, I think everybody would agree that drawing the puzzle first and worrying about the 'game' aspect later is the way to go.

I think you should definitely focus on the singleplayer puzzles before you do anything else, though. If the learning curve is similar to 3DS Pushmo, it'll thoroughly teach you everything if you just follow the main path. (Not to mention that you have to unlock some important studio stuff by encountering it in the singleplayer, anyway, so there you go.)

maxcriden

Well, the game does explain the tools in great detail, but the rest is up to you. Obviously you develop a good sense for the mechanics by playing the game, but the creative process is very much a trial & error approach. Jumping in and out of the puzzle quickly to tweak and refine the actual completion path is key. If you're trying to reproduce pixel art, I think everybody would agree that drawing the puzzle first and worrying about the 'game' aspect later is the way to go.

I think you should definitely focus on the singleplayer puzzles before you do anything else, though. If the learning curve is similar to 3DS Pushmo, it'll thoroughly teach you everything if you just follow the main path. (Not to mention that you have to unlock some important studio stuff by encountering it in the singleplayer, anyway, so there you go.)

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be focusing on the main puzzles before venturing out to trying or creating user-created content.

BTW, anyone know if any controllers other than the GamePad are supported?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find the nice Wonder Red one, Shahadan. Does it have a code or something?

oatmeal

Banned
I had my games organized so cleanly with my eshop (not VC) titles taking up an entire page. This screwed up everything :(

Need folders.

Top Bottom