• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin: Russian meddling "fiction" invented by democrats

Tovarisc

Russia's President Vladimir Putin has dismissed allegations of Russian meddling in last year's U.S. presidential election as "fiction" invented by Democrats to divert the blame for their defeat.

In an interview with French newspaper Le Figaro released Tuesday, Putin reaffirmed his strong denial of Russia's involvement in the hacking of Democratic National Committee emails that yielded disclosures that proved embarrassing for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

The claims of Russian interference were driven by the "desire of those who lost the U.S. elections to improve their standing," Putin said in the interview recorded during his Monday visit to France.

"They want to explain to themselves and prove to others that they had nothing to do with it, their policy was right, they have done everything well, but someone from the outside cheated them," he continued. "It's not so. They simply lost, and they must acknowledge it."

The "people who lost the vote hate to acknowledge that they indeed lost because the person who won was closer to the people and had a better understanding of what people wanted," the Russian leader said in a reference to President Donald Trump.
He argued that trying to influence the U.S. vote would make no sense for Moscow as a U.S. president can't unilaterally shape policies.

"Russia has never engaged in that, we don't need it and it makes no sense to do it," he said. "Presidents come and go, but policies don't change. You know why? Because the power of bureaucracy is very strong."

The Russian leader added that he agrees with Trump that anyone could have been behind the hacking of the Democrats' emails.

"Maybe someone lying in his bed invented something or maybe someone deliberately inserted a USB with a Russian citizen's signature or anything else," Putin said.
"Anything can be done in this virtual world."
Source: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-30-15-47-38

Putin repeating Trumps talking points now.

Sephzilla

He argued that trying to influence the U.S. vote would make no sense for Moscow as a U.S. president can't unilaterally shape policies.

Nope but as we saw this weekend he can destabilize a lot of global relations.

rtcn63

house10.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Funny thing him doing this makes me think he's starting to realize his conspiracy of lies is dismantling. If everything was going as planned he would never acknowledge what Russia did regardless of the American Media pointing it out.

bigpumbaa

Cool!

You can trust Putin because of the way he is.

Russian is 2 for 2, because they certainly aren't ignoring gay concentration camps either!

Oh alright.

So the Democrats have the ability to control all of our intelligence agencies. Even the ones that are run by civilians.

Given that Hillary Clinton is the most powerful woman in the world, and the Democrats apparently have the ability to influence all of our intel, I guess it really IS embarrassing that they lost.

Savitar

What........is he sure that Ukraine didn't do it........Ukraine.....Ukraine.....maybe tried to shoot some missiles at them too.

Armaros

Yes we trust you Putin, over every single US intelligence service saying Russia did interfere.

I guess Democrats do control the entire US IC.

He pulled a Trump and tried to claim to his face that he supported Marcon the entire time and not actually supported Le Pen.

Apharmd

What was that rule again? When the Kremlin denies something it's usually...

They're telling the truth? Yeah, that has to be it. Putin called it boys, no interference. Let's go home.

Nabbis

Im sure he is dying to confess the games his nation plays in geopolitics without it bringing some advantage.

Kerensky

Banned
I like how it took a few facebook trolls and impoverished hackers in Adidas tracksuits to topple the democracy of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet.

Tom Clancy would turn over in his coffin.

Nabbis

I like how it took a few facebook trolls and impoverished hackers in Adidas tracksuits to topple the democracy of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet.

Tom Clancy would turn over in his coffin.

Not that i disagree but in the good old days all you had to do was paint a pretty propaganda picture. It's not like people were never stupid in the first place.

Yeah because it's not like his government has been caught telling lies about Trump-Russia activities multiple times.

Nice try, Putin. Your bullshit may fly in your country but not here.

RPGCrazied

Oh gee, where did we hear this from? Oh wait. Trump? Fucking bitch has been using this line for weeks now.

That secret channel must be working real well now.

Steel

Banned
I wonder if Putin is stealth complaining about the fact that sanctions haven't been lifted yet when he mentions that the U.S. President can't act unilaterally.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.

Tweeted this out just today.

Top Bottom