• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin: Russian meddling "fiction" invented by democrats

shiba5

Oh alright.

So the Democrats have the ability to control all of our intelligence agencies. Even the ones that are run by civilians.

Given that Hillary Clinton is the most powerful woman in the world, and the Democrats apparently have the ability to influence all of our intel, I guess it really IS embarrassing that they lost.

I know, right? Democrats are unstoppable and all powerful - that's why we lost.

donald the democrat?

giphy.gif

ICO_SotC

The "people who lost the vote hate to acknowledge that they indeed lost because the person who won was closer to the people and had a better understanding of what people wanted,"

Putin's repeating anti Clinton propaganda that originated in the US now. Full circle?

This is why Dutch and British intelligence was trying to warn the US about the Trump campaign engaging with Russian operatives.

Guess we're all Democrats now.

Guy.brush

Yes all the Intelligence Communities across the world and politicians like Merkel and Macron are all in it, all in the pocket of crooked Hillary so that when she wanders alone through those forests she has a bit of consolation that she got the Fake News media to believe that the perfectly democratic supreme president of Russia since 1999 who totally put his Soviet-era KGB agent ways behind him is playing foreign politics the dirty way with ex-KBG tactics and an army of paid trolls to destablize countries in his sphere of influence and the Western alliance protecting them in a desperate bid to stave off state bankrupcy and to get back that sweet Soviet nostalgia of feeling taller than 5ft 6.5 inches.

Putin admits of his election meddling it would significantly increase the sanctions on Russia, and at worst might spark up a destructive war. Considering the evidence we have witnessed the last few months, there definitely incredible amount of meddling going on. If you look at the people who are investigating Trump, there are people from both party. Why would Comey investigate Trump when he himself is a GOP member? We also bi-partisan people involved as well.

Maybe someone lying in his bed invented something or maybe someone deliberately inserted a USB with a Russian citizen's signature or anything else," Putin said.

Oh, so that's what happened. Thanks for the clarification, Mr Putin.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Evil Cockhead: I haven't done nasty evil things, I promise (◕ᴗ◕✿)!!

Bleepey

I like how it took a few facebook trolls and impoverished hackers in Adidas tracksuits to topple the democracy of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet.

Tom Clancy would turn over in his coffin.

He was very right wing. He'd probably vote for Trump.

I like how it took a few facebook trolls and impoverished hackers in Adidas tracksuits to topple the democracy of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet.

Tom Clancy would turn over in his coffin.

"I like how it takes some gun powder and bullets to topple governments"

Strategy, leadership are the most important things; not the tools

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm having déjà vu. I swear we've had this exact sequence of comments from Trump and Putin before.

But the accusations of puppetry and various trump/putin connections were established well before the elections were decided

I want to say first debate but definitely by the 2nd it was happening

leroidys

How about the non-partisan intelligence services all independently finding that Russia waged a pro-Trump influence campaign?
Blame Democrats for that too?

Putin isn't even trying with his response. I bet he said this with a wink and a shit eating grin. If anything, this sounds like him tacitly taking credit.

Ogodei

Funny how Trump picked up on that message almost immediately.

This is the kind of plausible-deniability trolling that Russian policy operates on. There are no real ideas in Putin's head, only deflections.

This nonsense hurts my brain.

Because it wasn't invented by the Democrats.

Maybe if I'm being very kind, they pointed to this very real thing that happened to hand wave away their loss, but it's 100% bullshit to say that they made it up, when the FBI originally contacted them about it, and they ignored the FBI for a while...

And when the investigations predate the loss in November.

It's just...

No. That is 100% factually untrue.

I hate that we're in a place where facts are treated like opinions.

It wasn't an excuse invented by the Democrats to explain them losing in November.

Whatever it is... it cannot be that.

WinFonda

He argued that trying to influence the U.S. vote would make no sense for Moscow as a U.S. president can't unilaterally shape policies.
Getting pro russia policies out of the Trump admin was always a bonus for them, their priority was to sow distrust and discord in the system by boosting one of the worst pres. candidates we've ever had

Tigress

Well, close the books. Putin said it didn't happen so it must not have happened. /s

Honestly, if anyone trusts what he said either way (even if he verified that he helped trump) they're fooling themselves. Putin is going to say what he thinks furthers his interests more which is only the truth if it helps him.

steveovig

Unlike with Trump, I tend to believe Putin knows exactly what he is doing when he spouts off nonsense like this and plays games with everyone.

Top Bottom