• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

You might need to level up for more team cost, but Lucifer lead with vamp, the dark knight, chaos devil dragon, and the golem will carry you through a lot. Sub the golem out for Siren if you are struggling with healing and make sure to skill her up as soon as possible. Pair with Lucifer for really hard content and Loki/Vampire when you want faster damage.

J0dy77

Ok here is my monster box. Since I pulled a lucifer in the beginning I want a mono dark team. As you can see I'm not super leveled but ill take any suggestions

https://db.tt/oRXMnj7E

You've got the idea with the Mono dark team. Focus on vamp and cdk next and don't put anymore +eggs into the devil and CDD that's a waste. You'll want to feed those + eggs to Lucifer when you have replacements.

Limit

For the last few weeks I have been taking some time to check out a couple of PAD inspired games and in terms of active skills there are some interesting things going on in Tower of saviors. For instance, check this skill out. Quite creative. This skill would harmonize absolutely perfectly with monsters like Ra and Anubis. Gungho needs to assimilate this skill idea into PAD ASAP.

Marin is a Siegfried skill up so no dont feed it to Siren
unless you dont have a Siegfried then its good xp for Siren
and depending on what teams you run it might be better to start investing the xp into Fairlion if you were unlucky (lucky) enough to roll her in REM
Fairlion will definitely phase out Siren in healer teams and it could be a better sub in Lucifer teams just because it has 2 subtypes to help deal out damage faster

razterik

Don't put Fairlion on a Lucifer team. It steals dark orbs to make hearts, which would be counterproductive to dealing damage on a dark team. What you really want is a skilled up Drawn Joker, but that isn't feasible on the US side yet, so Siren is your next best option.

The way I look at is that Siren isnt used every single 5 turn CD since you already have 4Xhp/recovery
shes only used in emergencies when you really need orbs
if I have a choice of doing 10k dmg and dieing or healing to full ill take the heal
Fairlion overall will have way better stats and takes 1 mil less xp to max out
the dual attribute will let you deal more dmg to

losing out on dark orbs in a Lucifer setup isnt a big deal since the dmg output is so low to begin with
all your dmg really revolves around Morning Star and Gravities

Ill probably be replacing Siren with Fairlion in every setup minus tricolor dungeons and mono blue

Zero_IYAD

My skill up list -gonna see how it'll turn out after these 3 days of Poring Tower-:
- Phoenix Knight Homura: Lvl 2
- Mastering: Lvl 2 (( Just got him :> ))
- Empress of Serpents, Echidna: Lvl 2
- Gigas: Max
- Titan: Lvl 3
- Siegried, the Blue Champion: Lvl 3
- Enchantress of the Sea, Siren: Max
- Siren: Max
- Shardran: Lvl 4
- Parvati: Lvl 2
- Sacred Dragon Beast, Angelion: Lvl 3
- Verche, the Knight of the Sky: Lvl 2
- Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker: Lvl 2
- Night Skydragon Elysion: Lvl 2
- Vampire Lord: Lvl 6 (( 1 last Lvl to go x_x ))
- Dark Dragon Knight: Lvl 2

If I can Max Vampire Lord & both water & light toy dragons I'll call this event a success :|

I finally max skilled my Siegfried. That bastard took so many feeds to get where he is. Now I just need one more each for Valk2 and Angelion and two for Dark Mech.

Edit: and now Angelion is done. Not sure this is worth farming just for a single Valk skillup. I'm sure the desire sensors would be running at full capacity.

There's no Drawn Joker skillup on JP side either. When the Twitter survey goes up again I'm probably voting for Pierdra to get its own dungeon like DKS/SSP/etc.

J0dy77

For the last few weeks I have been taking some time to check out a couple of PAD inspired games and in terms of active skills there are some interesting things going on in Tower of saviors.. Quite creative. This skill would harmonize absolutely perfectly with monsters like Ra and Anubis. Gungho needs to assimilate this skill idea into PAD ASAP.

I played ToS a decent amount and it's definitely the best of the clones. I like a lot of the features they have and some of the boss mechanics were a lot of fun. I'll have to try it again.

Looks like I'll be spending time on a JP account as well. :)

7tfAxTal.jpg

linsivvi

Hera-Ur dropped on first try. So lucky.

About the Poring tower, I remember the last time the consensus was that expert is more efficient for getting skill ups, is that right?

Hera-Ur dropped on first try. So lucky.

About the Poring tower, I remember the last time the consensus was that expert is more efficient for getting skill ups, is that right?

It really depends. If you are just going after Valk/Cu Chu/Siegfried, I always had better luck with Master. But if you also need to skill up Siren/Gigas/Angelion/Vampire, then definitely go with Expert.

1 for 2 on drops. 1 for 1 on skillups. Legend isn't too bad, most of the attacks are tankable and Echilada popped for Hera makes short work. Ran it with Ra/Ra and Ra/Horus.

So, I just had something weird happen. I was running OoH and not paying attention to my battery and my iPod died right as I was finished killing Neptune. So I went and plugged it in assuming nothing would be wrong. But when I went back after it was charged, the game said I had no rewards from the dungeon, which would have sucked since I had caught a King and a +egg! Luckily I checked my box and they were there, but it really freaked me out.

tr4656

Yeah it's a collab with Airu Bazaar, the other half of the Capcpom collab along with Dragon's Dogma Quest.

Their leaderskills are mostly 50%/55% damage reducers, but have some interesting actives:
2x attacker type atk for 1 turn
1.2x balanced type atk for 5 turns
25% damage reduction for 6 turns
2x healer type atk for 1 turn
2x balanced type atk for 1 turn
2x physical type atk for 1 turn
1.5x fire and dark atk for 1 turn
1.5x wood and light atk for 1 turn
1.2x dragon type atk for 5 turns
1.2x rcv for 6 turns

Are these rare egg machine only?

is it worth pluging 5 roll into the floral carnival?
if not, what about the next godfeast?
or should i wait for something where a luci is starred? (tried last run for the festival of likes, but after 7 roll the only "decent" stuff was a sarutobi sasuke and a fortoytops.. so yeah...)
plus, i'm sitting on lvl 61 with no clear aim..
so far my mixed colour team of dragons held decently, now..
well it ain't cutting anymore..
but i don't have any inherently "zomg so strong" monsters :X
red notable: shiva, tyrannos, volcano dragon, echidna, ares, titan
blue: undine, siren, aurora dragon
green: sasuke, fortytops, dragon knight (and one mystic knight)
light: apollo, dragon rider, divinegon, sundragon, genie, verche, holy dragon
dark: cdk (and a few lower form), tiamat, thanatos, lilith, vampire lord, dark dragon knight, d'spinas

I can't go into expert, heck even polar night tower last stage is proving difficult.. let alone special dungeons (i'd love to get a red knight for a mono red team, but expert is kicking my ass, and i already tried 15 intermediate runs with no drop from boss)..

help me gaf!

linsivvi

or should i wait for something where a luci is starred? (tried last run for the festival of likes, but after 7 roll the only "decent" stuff was a sarutobi sasuke and a fortoytops.. so yeah...)
dark: cdk (and a few lower form), tiamat, thanatos, lilith, vampire lord, dark dragon knight, d'spinas

I can't go into expert, heck even polar night tower last stage is proving difficult.. let alone special dungeons (i'd love to get a red knight for a mono red team, but expert is kicking my ass, and i already tried 15 intermediate runs with no drop from boss)..

help me gaf!

You have a very good base for mono red or mono dark team.

Ares, Shiva, Tyrannos, Echidna, Titan properly leveled should allow you to clear tons of contents.

D'spinas, CDK, Vampire, Lilith, Tiamat paired with a Lucifer friend should allow you to tackle some descend and biweekly dungeons.

Don't worry about Polar Night Tower for now. There's no special reward for progressing on the normal path except the stones. Only progress when you are strong enough to farm Ocean of Heaven. Concentrate on leveling up your monsters by farming pengdra on Monday, dragon plants on Thursday and jewel dungeons of colors that you need especially during events.

help me gaf!

Yeah I am where you are now. Rank 53 and just figuring out what course to take next. I am trying to catch every Ruby Dragons dungeon I can to get king dragons and the like to level up my big characters. I have tried several expert levels but failed them all, but can burn through Int. specials with ease.

Currently trying to build up a water team to get through these fire dungeons I am at that kick my mono-green teams arse.

I think once my blue team gets going, I'll be able to clear these fire monster dungeons and get on with it. Other then that, just grinding. I will be trying to upgrade my chars that are maxxed out, pushing as much power out of my team as possible.

All I know is I rolled 11x during a godfest and got absolute crap. So never spending money on this game again. I will just continue playing occassionally, try to catch as many big exp. Super Kings as I can, level up my current groups until I'm finally able to advance further.

All the talk about JPN side got me to create an account, too. Re-rolling is something that I haven't missed. At least god fest is live in about half a day.

Wanchan

Not going to play on JP side, i already don't have the time to fully play my US account and i would probably stop my US account if i start on JP, but yeah all those pretty "JP ONRY" collabs are tempting...

J0dy77

Not going to play on JP side, i already don't have the time to fully play my US account and i would probably stop my US account if i start on JP, but yeah all those pretty "JP ONRY" collabs are tempting...

I'm liking it so far. I'll always play the US as the primary but it's nice for days when I'm recharging stamina and still feel like playing. Just going to use it as the backup. Plus seeing the new features and collab dungeons is nice.

Dying in Starlight when you had a +egg drop sucks. I got random heart drops after both Tiamat and CDD. Even with Lucifer on the team I can't recover from two of them. Why did the RNG choose to screw me over in the same round that it was seemingly nice to me?

Flambe

So I have this Snowglobe Dragon Rouge, I feed it 265k exp and get 1.5 mill exp to element right?

My reds are Firedragon Tyrannos, Leilan, Echidna, Gigas, Drall, Minerva, Mitsuki. Is it worth using on these or should I save it for the chance I get a better one.

I usually use a light or dark team anyway instead of red so I don't know. Half tempted to use it on my Lucifer however foolish that would be >.>

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I have this Snowglobe Dragon Rouge, I feed it 265k exp and get 1.5 mill exp to element right?

My reds are Firedragon Tyrannos, Leilan, Echidna, Gigas, Drall, Minerva, Mitsuki. Is it worth using on these or should I save it for the chance I get a better one.

I usually use a light or dark team anyway instead of red so I don't know. Half tempted to use it on my Lucifer however foolish that would be >.>

What level is your Echidna? She's nearly a staple on every team. If she's low, that mega boost in XP would be nice.

The other thing you can do, is like you said, feed it to your main lead. I've been feeding off color kings to Kirin to get her to ~75 because of the same reason.

E: Are we getting 2x Poring drops? I don't want to spend stones to farm this place if I don't have to, but I'm not getting ANY drops.

Anybody ever notice a higher rate of + eggs when a drop multiplier is up? Just curious.

I haven't run a dungeon that wasn't 1.5x drop in months, so i can't really make a comparison. Theoretically, the rate of +eggs/drop is the same, but since you get so many more drops per dungeon, the +egg/run rate is better.

Flambe

What level is your Echidna? She's nearly a staple on every team. If she's low, that mega boost in XP would be nice.

The other thing you can do, is like you said, feed it to your main lead. I've been feeding off color kings to Kirin to get her to ~75 because of the same reason.

E: Are we getting 2x Poring drops? I don't want to spend stones to farm this place if I don't have to, but I'm not getting ANY drops.

Hm yeah Echidna is pretty low (not even Evolved to Empress yet) so could go that way for sure.

Does a viable green team absolutely need a heartbreaker? I'm trying to build a mono green team exclusively for weekend money dungeons and I have every piece but the heartbreaker which I've heard is very rare to obtain. So I'm not holding my breath. Should I be able to clear the highest difficulty without him or should I give up on the mono green and go for adk with rippers?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does a viable green team absolutely need a heartbreaker? I'm trying to build a mono green team exclusively for weekend money dungeons and I have every piece but the heartbreaker which I've heard is very rare to obtain. So I'm not holding my breath. Should I be able to clear the highest difficulty without him or should I give up on the mono green and go for adk with rippers?

A heartbreaker is never NECESSARY on a team, but they help tremendously. They just speed up your damage output.

If you've got the ADK with rippers available, that would likely be quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom