• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typically find non-heartbreaker orb changers to be less useful on Isis/Horus/Ra teams cause you're stealing one color to make another. I'd personally swap out the Dragon Knight for an Earth Golem (or if you got lucky at REM, Susanoo) to give you some more breathing room for damage. It's got pretty solid subs otherwise.

Also PadHerder / PDX give you public links to share your monster boxes and team comps and generally speaking it's a lot more easy to parse than a screenshot from in game.

Dunlop

I typically find non-heartbreaker orb changers to be less useful on Isis/Horus/Ra teams cause you're stealing one color to make another. I'd personally swap out the Dragon Knight for an Earth Golem (or if you got lucky at REM, Susanoo) to give you some more breathing room for damage. It's got pretty solid subs otherwise.

Also PadHerder / PDX give you public links to share your monster boxes and team comps and generally speaking it's a lot more easy to parse than a screenshot from in game.

Thanks! I'll try and farm an earth Golem, do not have one. I gather it is uber rare boss drop for the crappy low level dungeons

I tried to use the public link from http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Builder but it wouldn't show up on the preview

with isis you can be a bit more greedy about your heartchangers. I actually run a Hermes in my isis/isis " aint nobody got time to think" team because you generally have no problems matching three colors even if you nuke one color out of existence (and he makes a crazy pile of water orbs w/ his active, which works great with the other isis on my team).

That team looks fine. The real trick w/ early Isis play is orb changers first (to make your matching easier) and just having good stat-sticks second.

daemissary

Ugh, I've had horrible luck with skill ups during this event. Across all monsters, I'm like 1 for 40.

I'm hoping this is just a temporary reversal of luck for pulling Lucifer in one roll durin the Carnival of Likes.

Nista

Hmm...Not sure. May check the FB group. I did my clear with Asty/Luci on Legend. But if she's low level, you probably won't be able to keep up with damage.

Would you take Astaroth over Loki for that team leader? I'd assume it would change the subs around, or would you still use RK and Sirens, or just gravities?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Would you take Astaroth over Loki for that team leader? I'd assume it would change the subs around, or would you still use RK and Sirens, or just gravities?

This was my first clear on Legend, 0 stone. I don't quite remember why I used CDD over Hera-Is/Zeus. Maybe because it was over a month ago and I didn't have the levels in either? I don't know.

Whatever the case, this team was relatively safe outside of manual healing. You have to be able to 5+ combo regularly to keep orbs refreshing.

For size said:
1236720_10201892986754783_254143504_n.jpg

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Hmm, what are the staples for a double Hera-Ur devil team? I accidentally picked one up on my japanese account so I might as well put it to use. d:

coy

How does one accidentally pick up Hera-Ur?

"Is it hot in here or is it just you?"

Hmm, what are the staples for a double Hera-Ur devil team? I accidentally picked one up on my japanese account so I might as well put it to use. d:

Hera/Hera-Is (or Hades if you got him) seems automatic. Same for Vamp. King Baddie if you don't have Loki for the burst situations. Echidna, even w/o the attack bonus, is always great.

coy

Late night Valkyrie run. 1st attempt on the Kirin account using:

Kirin max +103
Ecchi 96 +3
Siegfried 86
ChuChu 93 +1
Apollo 74
Wanchan's Kirin max +150

1R: Only 2 light orbs so was scared off the bat. Swept on turn 2.
2R: Stalled
3R: 1-hitter quitter
4R: 2 ice demons but only killed 1 so used a stone here
5R: All skills then kills

Not a fan of using stones on Legend descends as it is not guaranteed but am real eager for a Valk for the Kirin team. Thankfully, she dropped.and with a +RCV as well!

Also, I finally caught the Breaking Bad finale during the run so I was twice as amped during the fight and now twice as emotionally spent on both counts. Gonna try a 0-stone clear tomorrow after work. Good luck all!

Wasted my 3 Enchilada turns on Valk by not matching the right orbs even though I had all the colors on the board for my Byakko team, I had to use a stone but she dropped at least. Was trying to do these crazy combos even though only one regular match of all three colors would have been enough to kill her in the end. I feel so stupid.

J0dy77

What teams do you guys use to farm Valk that don't involve Lucy? PDX has basically all Lucy teams save for one or two. Don't want to go the Gabe route....3 hours seems brutal.

Horus/Kirin or Horus/Horus with stalling on the masks. This and Zeus have to be the hardest dungeon out there IMO.

Zero_IYAD

Damn, all those people getting Valkyrie makes me wanna give it a try so bad >.<

I posted my box here before.
After 4 hours I'll be able to run Super Metal Dragons 2-3 times & evolve my Lucifer to his final form & pump him to Lvl 30-40

Should I give Valkyrie a try & if yes, on which difficulty with a double Luci/Luci team -please help me assemble a team-?
Will I be able to zero stone her -since I'll have no stones by then-?

If that Siren is max skill you can lucifer, siren,rk, hera, hera or hades with a lucifer pal, but with those lower levels you will only be able to handle legend, IMO but others w/ more experience at Mythical may disagree.

I finally got mine this morning and got 3 skillups from porings. Going to set up valk, light venus, angelion, echidna, king shynee once the update comes in with the angelion changes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Damn, all those people getting Valkyrie makes me wanna give it a try so bad >.<

I posted my box here before.
After 4 hours I'll be able to run Super Metal Dragons 2-3 times & evolve my Lucifer to his final form & pump him to Lvl 30-40

Should I give Valkyrie a try & if yes, on which difficulty with a double Luci/Luci team -please help me assemble a team-?
Will I be able to zero stone her -since I'll have no stones by then-?

Mythical is out of the question. Also, remember that this is probably the hardest dungeon out right now...

Before I even try, do you have any RK's? If not, that makes things much harder, since the only other option on Legend is to be able to heal ~13k/turn.

As I continue working on the next OT, I think one of the things I'm going to put in the newbie section is to farm and keep 3 RK's at all times. Starting out, I ALWAYS had 3 available. People really underestimate their usefulness early on.

Zero_IYAD

If that Siren is max skill you can lucifer, siren,rk, hera, hera or hades with a lucifer pal, but with those lower levels you will only be able to handle legend, IMO but others w/ more experience at Mythical may disagree.

I finally got mine this morning and got 3 skillups from porings. Going to set up valk, light venus, angelion, echidna, king shynee once the update comes in with the angelion changes.
Congrats : )
Yes Siren is Max skilled.

Mythical is out of the question. Also, remember that this is probably the hardest dungeon out right now...

Before I even try, do you have any RK's? If not, that makes things much harder, since the only other option on Legend is to be able to heal ~13k/turn.

As I continue working on the next OT, I think one of the things I'm going to put in the newbie section is to farm and keep 3 RK's at all times. Starting out, I ALWAYS had 3 available. People really underestimate their usefulness early on.
Got 3 RKs
What team built do you suggest?
Is it possible to zero stone Legend?

Got 3 RKs

You can pretty easily zero stone the first four stages.

The issue is valk's bind ability that she lays down on the early in the fight. It's a five round bind on two of your team members chosen at random. If they get both lucifers, you're dead. If they get one lucifer and your siren, you're in trouble. If they get the siren only and something else or one of the lucifers and something else, it can be hard.

So there's some RNG involved in the fight that might force a stone on top of potentially getting super gungtrolled on heart orbs. On top of that the drop rate is only 40%.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Congrats : )
Yes Siren is Max skilled.

Got 3 RKs

Well then!

Team 1: Luci/Luci + RK/RK/RK/Siren
Team 2: Luci/Luci + RK/RK/Siren/Hera or Hades

Valk is still going to be hard. RK allows you to take half damage from Valk Blade (just over 14k damage). Max skill Siren means you SHOULD be able to heal after a morning star if you manage your orbs correctly.

For T1: At the start, MS, heal, MS, plink away until she casts resurrect. The trick now is to damage her until she is about to use Valk Blade (eyeball it). Put up RK, cast MS, heal (to over 14k to take one hit from Valk Blade), MS for the win. It's not 100% safe, but then again, no team really is.

For T2: Similar strat, except now you have a gravity to assist you. By using gravity when she has 992k HP left (which is ~36% health, so after you've damaged her a bit during Valk Blade spam), you can kill her. It's by no means fool proof, but there's just a different safety net here. The other benefit is that Hera and Hades both have higher RCV than RK. The other stats vary across the board, but the higher RCV may help you. Siren won't benefit from the 4x RCV, but bringing a Lillith doesn't seem worth it (even though she'll bring ~2k RCV to the table).

Anyways, that's my take on it. You can do it, but it won't be a walk in the park.

E: And yeah, I forgot about the bind. That bind can fuck you up bad. Remember, Valk is SUPER hard. I think Zeus Dios may be the only dungeon of comparable difficulty? I haven't touched that one yet, ha.

I would strongly recommend gravities over multiple RKs for Legend,having done both approaches. Assuming you make it through the bind, you generally only die to valk due to lack of health orbs to match, which is completely RNG dependent assuming your matching skills are reasonable.Having two gravities allows the folllowing sequence on Valk, which uses less turns and leaves you less vulnerable to bad RNG (while completely avoiding the high damage attacks at <40%):

Enter boss fight with all skills active.

Start fight with a gravity and a lucifer nuke. Heal up while she heals to full, puts up her shield, and hope you don't get unlucky binds. Use the other gravity after she heals.

Turtle for 35 turns until both nukes are back online. When Valk's shield countdown is at 1 on the screen, fire off both gravities and a lucifer nuke. Heal some on the next match (valk will not attack and instead refresh her shield), and then lolcannon her to death on the next turn.

non-gravity setups require you to wade through tons of turns of Valkyrie Blade, and that hits like a effing truck. The above is so much superior.

Zeus Dios is definitely harder in terms of raw difficulty, but at least you're guaranteed the egg if you throw enough stones at him. With Mythical Valk if you don't kill her on the first go around her multiple uses of Resurrection and skill guard mean your run is basically over, and on Legend the drop isn't guaranteed. If you have no compunctions against Wiresharking to see if she drops that would be the way to go.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reading more about Zeus Dios, he definitely looks to be one hell of a fight. I wonder if when he comes around again if my Kirin team will be able to tackle it. What a crazy dungeon, ha.

Reading more about Zeus Dios, he definitely looks to be one hell of a fight. I wonder if when he comes around again if my Kirin team will be able to tackle it. What a crazy dungeon, ha.

mmmm Dios

Honestly i felt the first level was the hardest. Charge up enchilada and have her ready. Pop and go

Zero_IYAD

Aaaah that sounds really hard!
Do want her badly, yet again zero stoning her seams difficult & we have the issue of 40% drop rate.
My wounds from grabbing Goemon after 8 constant runs/ 5 hours straight haven't healed yet -.-

Anyway, gonna give it a single try & see how things go.
So the team'll be:
Luci (Leader)
Hades
Awoken Hera
RK
Siren
Luci (Friend)

We really need a dark monster with Echidna/Orochi's ability :/ !!

J0dy77

I don't think we posted the final forms of the Busty evo's for the Knights. I was very pleased to see that Verche's artwork is still awesome. And they aren't getting dual colors, they are doubling up on the mono color.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aaaah that sounds really hard!
Do want her badly, yet again zero stoning her seams difficult & we have the issue of 40% drop rate.
My wounds from grabbing Goemon haven't healed yet -.-

Anyway, gonna give it a single try & see how things go.
So the team'll be:
Luci (Leader)
Hades
Awoken Hera
RK
Siren
Luci (Friend)

We really need a dark monster with Echidna/Orochi's ability :/ !!

Yes we do...

That team should be OK. The 2x gravity will REALLY speed things up. Max skill Siren will be a life saver. RK will be your goto "oh shit" button.

A few things to keep in mind...

1) Know your healing limits. If you don't have to burn Siren, don't. If matching a heart orb with 1 or 2 combos gives you enough health, do that instead. Seriously - go into Endless and try a few matches to see exactly what your limits are. It's CRUCIAL to 0-stone runs. What will inevitably happen is you'll use Siren because you think you need to, and the next 3 turns will be heart starved. You'll die. And that will suck.

2) Check the numbers - she has res, and will use it only one time on Legend. So, bait her into using res right away. Don't burn anything you don't have to (as in, don't try and take her with 2x gravity + 2x MS just because you can).

3) Her shield buys you a turn. Remember that and plan accordingly. Once her shield runs out, she'll cast it again next turn. Keep that fact in play to plan your MS use. If I remember right, she'll go 1 round without her shield up (so it ticks from 1 -> 0 and she'll attack, and on the 0 turn, she'll cast it again to 10).

4) Know the breakpoints for her attacks. You likely won't always be at full health, which isn't a problem. But don't accidentally take her into Valk Blade land and forget to have the health or RK up to survive. Valk Blade is mean.

Good luck!

Wanchan

With Mythical Valk if you don't kill her on the first go around her multiple uses of Resurrection and skill guard mean your run is basically over, and on Legend the drop isn't guaranteed. If you have no compunctions against Wiresharking to see if she drops that would be the way to go.

Resurrection is hopefully a 1 time use only ability so you'll have to only deal with it once, the hardest part with Valk Mythical is to sustain the damage of Valkyrie Blade at -40%.

Wanchan

On mythical, it's multiple use. On legend, it's one time.

I cleared Mythical a few hours ago and she only used it once?? and it was a slow grind on her since i was using Dual Luci.

3CPY4zL.jpg
wRjdVmb.jpg

I don't understand...

Ok the actual thing is : http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goddess_Descended!

Resurrection Heal 100%.
HP50%&#8595;&#65306;100% use. 3 times max. If Gleipnir is used, can only use once.

She bound my keepers for 5 turns (Gleipnir) after the first resurrection use, guess i was lucky then.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I cleared Mythical a few hours ago and she only used it once?? and it was a slow grind on her since i was using Dual Luci.

Resurrection Heal 100%.
HP50%&#8595;&#65306;100% use. 3 times max. If Gleipnir is used, can only use once.

She bound my keepers for 5 turns (Gleipnir) after the first resurrection use, guess i was lucky then.

I knew she used it multiple times, but I didn't realize there was a stipulation. I just went with the Zeus/Hera/Hera/Luci heal Luci combo to not have to deal with res. :3

Wanchan

I knew she used it multiple times, but I didn't realize there was a stipulation. I just went with the Zeus/Hera/Hera/Luci heal Luci combo to not have to deal with res. :3

Yeah i picked a really bad team for her, i just went full HP without even thinking, the golem wasn't even useful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom