• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 for 7 on drops. 0 for 1 on skillups. I know Enchilada is crazy important to max skill, but this will break me

Heads up folks!

Source

holding on to all my pal pulls now

The Riders are all kind of a joke, but Dragon Rider and Dino Rider are probably the worst of the bunch. The other 3 Riders have Devil sub-type, so they CAN be used in a Devil team. Dragon and Dino have the Attacker sub-type, and really, there are MUCH better subs available there. You could argue that better Devil subs exist (and they do), but they're harder to come by.

the only thing I found them good for is filling in a rainbow team when you want to stock with a certain color. All of the Riders have been unique main/sub colors to fill in that role. That's about the only things I've found them useful for.

Limit

I did not expect 6.0 update so soon. Excellent news. Looking forward to the awakening system.

1 for 7 on drops. 0 for 1 on skillups. I know Enchilada is crazy important to max skill, but this will break me

1 in 7 runs sounds similar to my experience. And are you skilling up by fusing one naga at a time? Might want to try fusing 4 at a time. Worked great for me.

Dunlop

This game is officially an asshole

3 x Mystic Light knight (!!!)
1 x Dragon Knight
1 x Naga

I was actually happy about the Naga as I never had one drop until I realized there is an event where it is a common monster going on ; (

1 in 7 runs sounds similar to my experience. And are you skilling up by fusing one naga at a time? Might want to try fusing 4 at a time. Worked great for me.

4 at a time is probably all in your head.... :D

That being said...if I waited until I had 4, 2x skillups might be over

J0dy77

holding on to all my pal pulls now

Really good idea. I had 40 at the start of this event that I burned through. Wish I had those now.

I have a question about the new skill system.

Satan's skills are:

Does this mean that if you have all three awoken skills it's actually 30% per row?

In my screen shots both Satans are Awoken skill level 3.
Is this the correct formula or is my math terribley wrong?
(12.25*3*2.8*3)2

12.25 - Satan's 3.5x attack
3 - King Baddie
2.8 - Hera-UR enhance dark attack
3 - Satan Awoken skill
2 - Dark to Light Bonus

I posted this same question a few pages back. That would be insane if it was. Definitely looking forward to trying this.

raiot

Really good idea. I had 40 at the start of this event that I burned through. Wish I had those now.

I posted this same question a few pages back. That would be insane if it was. Definitely looking forward to trying this.

It is 60% per row with 2 fully awoken satans... And yes its good :)

StMeph

The drop rate was terrible but I guess I got lucky with skill ups. I averaged 3 skill ups for 4 nagas fed.

...yes. That is ridiculously good luck.

I think the rows must be separated, so three rows at best. And I believe Satan's enhancement applies only to himself, so another team member with only one dark enhancement ability only gains 10% bonus ATK. I may be mistaken here. Also, I think the math should be 1.3x for the enhancement and Hera-Ur's orb enhancement is lower because the orbs must be distinctly separated.

I'm not sure that things have to be separated for the rows or Ur, as there's been quite a bit of use from Goemon with Horus/Ur, so I imagine the +180% for 280% total bonus is well tested. From earlier information, the bonus damage does only apply to the monster with the awakened skill. So in this case, the bonus damage would only apply to damage from Satan.

On my new alt account my first two rolls:

-Echidna
-Ceres

Debating if I should just reroll.

Yes.

razterik

I'm not sure that things have to be separated for the rows or Ur, as there's been quite a bit of use from Goemon with Horus/Ur, so I imagine the +180% for 280% total bonus is well tested. From earlier information, the bonus damage does only apply to the monster with the awakened skill. So in this case, the bonus damage would only apply to damage from Satan.

Everywhere I look seems to have different info on this, but if you have a better source, feel free to link me.

I meant that the awoken skill seems to require separate unconnected rows, but the orb enhancement from Ur/Horus rewards larger clumps of orbs being connected. So you can't have max multiplier from both at the same time?

quin

Everywhere I look seems to have different info on this, but if you have a better source, feel free to link me.

I meant that the awoken skill seems to require separate unconnected rows, but the orb enhancement from Ur/Horus rewards larger clumps of orbs being connected. So you can't have max multiplier from both at the same time?

well, whatever happens, I don't think many (if any) monsters can survive that :p

Zero_IYAD

agreed. Mostly xATK leads though. Gabe and Noels don't help much here. with 4x ATK, the plan is to not get hit
No worries, any of these play safe for me since the team is well levelled.
Already ran it around 15 times, used 2 stones & had a rank up.
Only 3 Nagas so for =__=
3 more runs & I'll be down to zero stamina, then it's fusing time with fingers crossed.

Jagernaut

I've been having good luck with skillups. 4 out of 11 for Rose Valkyrie, now max skilled. 1 fusion and 1 skillup for Echidna, max skilled. Close to max skilling my 2nd Gigas and 2nd Lilith.

ok so I have saved the following since I started the game

two 5* shivas (have a 6* already)
three 5* Susanos (one close to max lvl for EVO)
one 5* Ammy (have a lvl 81 ammy Oh with way too many RCV eggs)

so in order to get awoken skills for these monsters I have to evo them and then feed them? I just want to make sure I am doing it right. definitely want to get them some good skills since they should be easy to get.

Shiva should get a "orb movement extension" and a skill cooldown
Susano should get a HP +100, and then I am not sure what his second awoken skill does

Ammy Oh's skills do not make a single bit of sense to me through google translate's filter.

Not quite sure what to put any egg monsters into though. what monsters are others focusing on first?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not quite sure what to put any egg monsters into though. what monsters are others focusing on first?

Your primary leader is a pretty safe bet. I've been mostly feeding plusses to Horus since I got him.

One point about Awoken skills in that situation-the monster that is food needs to be the exact number and name as the monster that you are trying to get an awoken skill on. So your 5* Shivas will have to be Evo'd to get your 6*.

Dunlop

Sorry for the list, my Galaxy S2 refuses to allow me to take screenshots

I feel like I'm hitting a wall and need to focus on a specif group composition. I will generally get one shotted by strong bosses in expert dungeons and cannot pass Gate to Hell (Tomb of the Saint - Deep)

Here are my notable mosters:

80 FireDragon Tyrannos
78 Moondragon D'spinas
MAX Siren
Max Isis *Current Leader
53 ArchAngel
MAX Wood Ice Ogre
MAX Flame Armor Ogre
49 Vampire Lord
44 Helldark Blood Demon
33 Echidna
32 Ice Samurai Ogre
32 Frost Demon
31 Dragon Knight
28 Earth Dragon
22 White Dragon
18 Mystic Flame Knight
16 Mystic Ice Knight
10 Mystic Light Knight

Any recommendations on a group I should make with that? I have been using a multicolor group with leader as my leader

Would be greatly appreciated

J0dy77

Man, my luck has been atrocious on JP after pulling Kirin. 4 Godfest rolls:

Undine (this could be the worst character in game)
Flair Drall
Green mech
Lilith

I'd take a rider over that garbage.

I still haven't fed any of my accumulated Eggdras cause I have no idea who to feed it to. Kinda thinking either Valk since I use her everywhere or Kirin for the jammer resist.

Edit: GH USA went with the literal translation of Tamadra instead of Eggdra, why ._.

I'll probably be feeding my heartbreakers first, simply because they are my most used monsters. I would have gone with Horus or Lucifer, but their awakening skills are completely worthless. I guess this was a way to nerf them without actually making them worse. After that probably Echidna, Zeus, Hera, Hera-Is, maybe Haku.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First max level monster: Luci. Pretty sure that's a common one, ha.

Working on Kirin now, but feeding off-color King Metals is going to take a while.

Sorry for the list, my Galaxy S2 refuses to allow me to take screenshots

I feel like I'm hitting a wall and need to focus on a specif group composition. I will generally get one shotted by strong bosses in expert dungeons and cannot pass Gate to Hell (Tomb of the Saint - Deep)

Here are my notable mosters:

80 FireDragon Tyrannos
78 Moondragon D'spinas
MAX Siren
Max Isis *Current Leader
53 ArchAngel
MAX Wood Ice Ogre
MAX Flame Armor Ogre
49 Vampire Lord
44 Helldark Blood Demon
33 Echidna
32 Ice Samurai Ogre
32 Frost Demon
31 Dragon Knight
28 Earth Dragon
22 White Dragon
18 Mystic Flame Knight
16 Mystic Ice Knight
10 Mystic Light Knight

Any recommendations on a group I should make with that? I have been using a multicolor group with leader as my leader

Would be greatly appreciated

Isis, vamp lord, echidna, dragon rider, something green that does damage.

isis/horus friend

Will still be hard but at least you have the right basis for a egyptian spike team- focus on DPS and heartbreakers. Echidna is just really useful because you're going to have times, especially late in the dungeons on the boss wave, where you will need a few extra turns because of your low DPS.

Also masks can be a huge problem without 10k max health unless you are on the spot with your matches, so keep that in mind. At lower levels a titan/gigas is an excellent, relatively farmable sub for an isis team that gives you the extra HP to deal with random annoying things like masks hitting for 9999 and having a billion defense.

Ducarmel

So I am at the point where I am confident enough to do master special dungeons without using stones. I can do legendary with the right friend leader skill but I would need to be lucky with orb drop/matching or I could easily see myself having to spend a stone or two.

At x2 the drop rate for the boss is 80% correct?

Is it worth the chance/frustration of getting nothing or should I keep grinding until I am good to do legendary runs without stones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I am at the point where I am confident enough to do master special dungeons without using stones. I can do legendary with the right friend leader skill but I would need to be lucky with orb drop/matching or I could easily see myself having to spend a stone or two.

At x2 the drop rate for the boss is 80% correct?

Is it worth the chance/frustration of getting nothing or should I keep grinding until I am good to do legendary runs without stones.

Yes, at 2x, the drop is ~80%.

My suggestion? If you can run it, run it. All of my special dragons have dropped on Master (during no 2x even...But that's luck). I run it at least once to get an idea of the rounds and then put my Legendary team together. I could just use PDX, yes, but I'm going to have to clear Master eventually.

And like anything, in general, the jump from Master to Legendary can be pretty substantial. You're better off running what you can safely for a while until you're confident enough to touch Legendary.

Ducarmel

Thanks for the reply, I plan on doing ancient wood and war dragon when x2 come around. Doing the math I can clear them on master, legendary looks tricky because I see myself not having enough hp or not recovering to 100% hp before the next attack.

Dual Goemon with a Satan sub makes this Green Whiskey dungeon a joke. My Satan is only Lvl.16 unevolved, but he's only there to keep my RCV at 0. Once I reach the 20% HP threshold, I simply sweep every battle, and the boss goes down in only 1 or 2 turns on Legendary.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My echidna is still skill level 1 despite having fed 10 or so nagas, all during 2x skill events. What the fuck is this sloppy bullshit.

2 for 5/6 on skillups today, guess thats where we'll end.

Dual Goemon with a Satan sub makes this Green Whiskey dungeon a joke. My Satan is only Lvl.16 unevolved, but he's only there to keep my RCV at 0. Once I reach the 20% HP threshold, I simply sweep every battle, and the boss goes down in only 1 or 2 turns on Legendary.

ugh, I just can't get used to Satan on Geomon teams. I have such a hard time controlling my HP. Orb changers aren't maxed which really hurts

My echidna is still skill level 1 despite having fed 10 or so nagas, all during 2x skill events. What the fuck is this sloppy bullshit.

RNG. it sucks

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Oooh...I didn't think of this. What's your total team comp?

ugh, I just can't get used to Satan on Geomon teams. I have such a hard time controlling my HP. Orb changers aren't maxed which really hurts
It's actually my first time using Satan on my Goemon team. In a tricolor dungeon, it's pretty much impossible to avoid healing, so Satan is a must to stay below the 20% threshold. And orb changers don't really need to be maxed for a tricolor dungeon. You shouldn't be running out of Fire orbs, and every round except for the sub bosses can be swept with a single 3 Fire orb match with Goemons' 25x multiplier. With orb management, you can clear the entire dungeon without activating a single skill. Orb changers and an Echidna just makes it a whole lot easier and safer to where it's almost as mindless as farming for Pengdras.

Here's the team I'm using:

Goemon/RGG/RGG/Echidna/Satan/Goemon

But really, the only necessary monsters are the Goemon leaders and Satan if someone doesn't have the other monsters. Just throw strong Fire monsters in there.

In the first battle, kill one of the monsters and let the other one whittle you down to below 20% HP. Then proceed to sweep the dungeon. Just make sure it's not a Taur Demon that you let attack you, because they can bind Fire monsters. So, if you happen to get 2 Taur Demons in the first battle, kill both of them and get below 20% HP in the next battle.

It's actually my first time using Satan on my Goemon team. In a tricolor dungeon, it's pretty much impossible to avoid healing, so Satan is a must to stay below the 20% threshold. And orb changers don't really need to be maxed for a tricolor dungeon. You shouldn't be running out of Fire orbs, and every round except for the sub bosses can be swept with a single 3 Fire orb match with Goemons' 25x multiplier. With orb management, you can clear the entire dungeon without activating a single skill. Orb changers and an Echidna just makes it a whole lot easier and safer to where it's almost as mindless as farming for Pengdras.

Here's the team I'm using:

Goemon/RGG/RGG/Echidna/Satan/Goemon

But really, the only necessary monsters are the Goemon leaders and Satan if someone doesn't have the other monsters. Just throw strong Fire monsters in there.

In the first battle, kill one of the monsters and let the other one whittle you down to below 20% HP. Then proceed to sweep the dungeon. Just make sure it's not a Taur Demon that you let attack you, because they can bind Fire monsters. So, if you happen to get 2 Taur Demons in the first battle, kill both of them and get below 20% HP in the next battle.
I was going to roll with a Cu Chulainn team, but I think your team sounds way better.

Thanks!

Oh, and my Echidna is up to skill level 5 now. Maybe I can get to max today after all.

EDIT: AWWWW YEAH! Max skill, baby! Only took one stone, too.

Colby

5 stones, two level ups, 3/17 on skill-ups. Hunting for the last one now.

Edit: 4/18. Not terrible, but not good. My never-used Minerva got a ton of levels, so there's that.

Are you guys getting drops from the boss floor
ive done over 25 runs and havent gotten a single drop from the boss stage on Scarlet Snake
ive gotten 6 drops from the times when they invade normal floors but still its suppose to be 20%
theres no way I can not get a single one unless theyre lying about the drop rate

2/10 on skill ups today. 8 runs a stone. Two stones and a level up today .

Still 2 more skill ups to go.

Echidna is cruel. And I'm sure as soon as I max skill her gung-ho will announce her for two weeks

Nista

I just finished skilling up echnida today. So relieved!

Now if I can just get a Valkyrie drop tomorrow, my heartbreaker collection will be complete. Not sure if I should go for a blue or dark team for it...

coy

1/4 on naga skillups from the ones I got at midnight. I will take that all week compared to the last time this came around when I got a whopping 0 skillups outta the bunch. Eager to get those last 2 skillups before it ends while also trying to save them stones so here's hoping.

Are you guys getting drops from the boss floor
ive done over 25 runs and havent gotten a single drop from the boss stage on Scarlet Snake
ive gotten 6 drops from the times when they invade normal floors but still its suppose to be 20%
theres no way I can not get a single one unless theyre lying about the drop rate
Yes, but it's rare. I've been having extraordinarily good luck today, but in the last several times this dungeon came up, I would use whole stamina bars with no drop at all.

You just have to keep at it until you get it. =\

Pacman2k

Is this real life? My first run today:

9rieG9m.png

Immediately fused them and maxed out my echidna.

That was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom