• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I did a little bit ago and got some good green lineups, but I'm still working on getting the units leveled and completing their awakenings, etc.

This was kind of nice to see, it's a lot of damage for me:

If you stick with Meri and work on putting together a team that compliments her leader skill (i.e. anything that makes blue orbs), you can quite easily hit 10x that kind of damage in a pretty short time frame.

Enhance carnival is on now in the Pal Egg Machine for leveling monsters!

Quantum

Dead forum is dead!

page three and no posts? - for shame.

Anarchy Online just came to steam. a 15 - 16 year old game with a huge learning curve.

I started a free account ( the game took like a year of my life) and I've played so much I forgot to run the free stone dungeon on both my accounts yesterday - I keep debating about re-subbing, a year is only a pack and a half.

in anger I can roll three packs but for some reason its different?

bjork

If you stick with Meri and work on putting together a team that compliments her leader skill (i.e. anything that makes blue orbs), you can quite easily hit 10x that kind of damage in a pretty short time frame.

Enhance carnival is on now in the Pal Egg Machine for leveling monsters!

I've been toying around with different teams. Right now it's
Meri
Nut (low CD special, like 4 turns iirc?)
Alrescha (she converts bad orbs and has skill-bind awakenings)
Sun Quan (delay and boosts for healers which doesn't do me much good)
NYE Amaterasu (she has blue as her second color and a awakenings for bind and skill bind)

I've mostly been trying to use characters that can block the binds, so I don't get caught without any blue orbs, but I haven't really tried everyone yet so I'm not sure who's best. It's fun, though, which is the main thing.

Quantum

I've been toying around with different teams. Right now it's
Meri
Nut (low CD special, like 4 turns iirc?)
Alrescha (she converts bad orbs and has skill-bind awakenings)
Sun Quan (delay and boosts for healers which doesn't do me much good)
NYE Amaterasu (she has blue as her second color and a awakenings for bind and skill bind)

I've mostly been trying to use characters that can block the binds, so I don't get caught without any blue orbs, but I haven't really tried everyone yet so I'm not sure who's best. It's fun, though, which is the main thing.

one of the great things about meri as a leader is that you can use almost anything - depending on what you want to accomplish you can piece together a team for it - I use short orb change for dungeons with a few floors, bind clear or damage reduction if longer.

I'm disappointed that ichiago (awoken) isn't more popular because it feels like a dark meri to me.

while off topic, it was a fun lead that meri is now filling because I have a really strong blue army.

Dead forum is dead!

Anarchy Online just came to steam. a 15 - 16 year old game with a huge learning curve.

I started a free account ( the game took like a year of my life) and I've played so much I forgot to run the free stone dungeon on both my accounts yesterday - I keep debating about re-subbing, a year is only a pack and a half.

Been playing breath of the wild and ignoring pad for the past 2-3 days

W-00

Yeah, if you can make any sort of team for her, Dark Athena is the way to go. For now. I'm rather expecting JP to unveil a new and better MP monster right after I buy her.

Which reminds me: I should start taking MP farming more seriously. The MP gifts will still leave my main about 100K short of DAthena. And even slaughtering all the expendable cards in its box would only give it 45K MP. And my alt is in even worse shape.

Jagernaut

one of the great things about meri as a leader is that you can use almost anything - depending on what you want to accomplish you can piece together a team for it - I use short orb change for dungeons with a few floors, bind clear or damage reduction if longer.

I'm disappointed that ichiago (awoken) isn't more popular because it feels like a dark meri to me.

while off topic, it was a fun lead that meri is now filling because I have a really strong blue army.

I like A Ichigo but the active (too long to charge and not needed most of the time) and lack of rcv boost hold him back. Teaming up with the new Saito ult (more like Meri than Ichigo) will help.

Quantum

Been playing breath of the wild and ignoring pad for the past 2-3 days

...Breath of the Wild is really good.

I forgot to pre-order :/

I like A Ichigo but the active (too long to charge and not needed most of the time) and lack of rcv boost hold him back. Teaming up with the new Saito ult (more like Meri than Ichigo) will help.

agreed, Meri has proven to be much more versatile - although was a very expensive mob to get for me - ichigo just kinda showed up on my free pull.

Ducarmel

My first Leilan finally! Got Misato on the free roll, she is what I wanted out of the eva rem not to high a bar to roll. Might give the rem a yolo but think I just want to dump all my 100+ stones in the next gf if its 3 kingdom 2 debut along with fujin and raijin.

bjork

The free Eva roll got me Scheat Shinji, not sure how useful he is.

But, the last time this collab was around I could only clear the bottom 3 difficulties. Today, the Meri team I mentioned earlier tore apart all of the tiers with no trouble at all. That's really cool.

W-00

I figured that since neither of my accounts has the cards to make Myrei or Kaloru work, the most desirable cards for me would be either Leilan Misato or Yamato Asuka, although even they would be limited to being inherits because of the whole no-SBR thing.

The free roll gave me Ceres Mari, on both accounts. I suppose I could inherit her on my alt's Lu Bu, to provide a spike that's only half as good but doesn't take the team to 1 HP. Might be an okay idea to replace the Sleeping Beauty on my main's Revo Anubis with her, too. Then again, since Revo Anubis has a soft bind-clear, he can actually use Sleeping Beauty's hearts. If only I still used the teams either of them are on...

bjork

I'm not sure, but I think I have all the older Eva units. None of them seem especially good, though. I just know I like Asuka.

Bladelaw

I can't use Kali Kawaru on my Ra Dragon team due to no SBR. It'd be one thing if I had Kanna for SBR but Ariel is my Kanna sub till I get blessed. Unless I use Awoken Indra in her slot and swap in Kali Kawaru for a dkali. I'll maintain full SBR and level my damage out between light and dark. Not sure that's a net gain though.

Jagernaut

Free pull was Misato Leilan. Only 6 awakenings and cooldown is too long at 13 turns. Regular Leilan is 9 turns and bicolor boards are usually 14 turns with haste, 12 turns without haste.

Haha pretty much. I'm probably a 1/4 of the way through on the main game and I'm already putting this as one of the greatest games I've ever played. It's so good.
I've actually bounced of it a little since I really dislike open world games and I find the combat loop absurdly tedious. But the exploration aspect is great and the dungeons are fantastic. Last night I was like "okay no Zelda tonight I need to go to work tomorrow" "well maybe just a little to get that next upgrade" "...crap it's 2am"

Aesnath

Rolled a Shinji Scheat with the free roll. It seems solid--skills down to 8 for 4 turns of water skyfall.

Dead forum is dead!

As others have mentioned, probably has something to do with Zelda. I also think that it was kind of a slow weekend. The challenge dungeons were pretty easy, so I just bought coin dungeons all weekend. Not a lot to discuss.

EDIT: at the risk of being off-topic, I want to talk about Zelda a little bit.

I'm really enjoying it and excited to progress further. However, it has been something of a slower burn than what I was expecting with all of the glowing praise. The more I play it, the better it seems, but there are still a few rough edges. Now, it may be a lot of dark souls talking, but I really dislike the button layout and the fact that they don't let you change it significantly. I'm relatively confident that everything would be much easier if I could hit run and jump at the same time AND if I could use a shoulder button for attacks. Also, I've got mixed feelings about limited weapon durability. Sure, it means that even common drops are significant at times, but it adds stress to using really cool drops. I'm not sure I'm happy with that part of the gameplay loop. That having been said, I'm pleasantly surprised with basically everything else so far.

Since I love Evangelion, I resolved to do what any EVA fan does best: obsessively collect items featuring their favourite emotionally and mentally damaged characters wearing cool(?) and fun outfits.

I got a non-Kali Kaworu on my free pull, took a good, hard look at myself, and promptly decided to save my stones. I've recently decided to save up MP for Dark Athena, so Kaworu did contribute on that front, I suppose.

tumblr_mtax2sFOLJ1r9j9xbo6_250.gif

Sayonara, my dude.

I wanted so bad to make a happy milestone post last night but skyfall and hera-ur ruined me :(

somewhat related, how on earth am I supposed to deal with sopdet with krishna? Two 3-orb combos is past the threshold, and a single row isn't enough damage (team isn't fully hypered). I can kind of get good enough damage with a row and like 6+ combos elsewhere on the board, but at that point skyfall is about as likely to hurt than it is to help.

W-00

As others have mentioned, probably has something to do with Zelda. I also think that it was kind of a slow weekend. The challenge dungeons were pretty easy, so I just bought coin dungeons all weekend. Not a lot to discuss.

I spent a bunch of stamina farming skill-ups for Hanuman and Lumiel. My main's Hanuman (and Lumiel! Come on, DAthena!) is now max-skilled, but my alt didn't have as many King Woodtans, so it didn't get to max-skill its Hanuman.

Speaking of skill-ups: Yay, Acala's fodder is finally here! But boo, skill delays and awakening bind! Oh well, not like it matters to Meri in coop.

jiggle

Pad NA does feel pretty dead this event doesn't it?
0 stamina dungeon is another month away
Sad

Working on a button swipe team in preparation
I'm thinking of running
Goemon - Rodin - Rodin - tengu - tengu - goemon

F1 Rodin
F2 Rodin
F3 goemon1
F4 goemon2
F5 swipe

I hope that's enough damage for floor 5
Otherwise 10 flampy wasted

Jagernaut

I wanted so bad to make a happy milestone post last night but skyfall and hera-ur ruined me :(

somewhat related, how on earth am I supposed to deal with sopdet with krishna? Two 3-orb combos is past the threshold, and a single row isn't enough damage (team isn't fully hypered). I can kind of get good enough damage with a row and like 6+ combos elsewhere on the board, but at that point skyfall is about as likely to hurt than it is to help.

2 3-orb combos without enhanced orbs might work, use orb changer, but you are still at the mercy of skyfalls. I used A Pandora instead (for Sphinx dungeon, not Arena 1) since I could make 5 dark orb matches and not go over damage absorb.

Big ass blob of red that is a row and pray for no red skyfall.

Aesnath

Whelp, left my phone at home today, so my busride sucked.

Anyone have cheesy strategies for heradra?

Or a way of beating it fairly with Gremory, Meri, or R.Minerva?

raiot

Heradragon hates me and refuses to drop in A3....
So i prepared this teams on my iPad and phone:

https://game8.jp/archives/100200

Now i just hope i don't have to wake up at 3 am in the morning for Hera Dragon Descended... (I'm from Germany so this might be problematic, ZeusDragon was at 6am!)

Meridionalis https://game8.jp/archives/101986
Machine Zeus https://game8.jp/archives/91841

But they require VERY specific subs...
I think you will be better off using RevoHades

Jagernaut

Hera Dragon strategies I've seen:

1. Cheesy coop strategy involving 100% dark resist on one team since Hera Dragon attacks every other turn.
2. ALB coop, needs Fujin or her skillup (not available yet).
3. Reincarnated Hades coop (or solo if you have enough skillboosts), requires full bind removal (shower of healing) on first turn.

Aesnath

Now i just hope i don't have to wake up at 3 am in the morning for Hera Dragon Descended... (I'm from Germany so this might be problematic, ZeusDragon was at 6am!)

Ah, toshiros, game8 really loves them on meri teams.

My daughter has a hades, but I don't, what is the revo hades team?

Bladelaw

If I had more prep time I could make either side of the Meri team barring beach meta. Lacking in skill ups to make the Machine Zeus team a thing. I'm ok with doing it "properly" with Revo Hades. Our two biggest chances of failure are floors one and two. If we get to Hera dragon, only getting supremely orb trolled (no hearts for 4 turns in a row) will be at risk. I'm bringing a Genie inherit as insurance against that. Ceres' combo shield is my biggest concern by a mile. I'm waffling on bringing Khepri just to make sure we can hit it with a crap board. Hades's active time extend will help but an 8 combo board isn't guaranteed, let alone one with enough dark orbs to hit hard enough to drop resolve.

I'm hoping something like a Cecil board will do the trick to knock her to 1 hp, then gravityx2 +8 combo for the kill. If we make it past her I'm stoning till Hera.

EDIT:

Ah, toshiros, game8 really loves them on meri teams.

My daughter has a hades, but I don't, what is the revo hades team?

Nothing super specific.
Enough Skill boosts to have Shower of Healing up turn 1
For floor 1: a way to clear a 10 turn bind, resist 3 turns of skill delay, and deal 10 million damage
Floor 2: A way to hit 8 combos, drop resolve, and 8 combo again.
Floor 3: if you made it here with revo Hades, keep your team above 23k HP and you can't die.

My plan:
When I say SDR inherit I mean a skill with a long cooldown specifically to absorb Verche's skill delay
Team A:
Revo Hades (SDR inherit)
Khepri? (SDR Inherit)
3/4 color dark board change (Lumiel, Haku, Zuoh, etc) (SDR inherit)
Board fixer (Akechi, Pandora, etc) (SDR Inherit)
Skill boost stat stick

Team B:
Revo Hades (SDR inherit)
Jize (Shower of healing)
Dark Knight Cecil
Noctis Prongs + devil killer super useful vs Ceres
Grida (Genie goes here for me)

Strategy:
FL1: A: passes B: Shower of Healing, DK Cecil-->kill
FL2: A: Khepri-->board change (+fixer if needed), 8 combo and "kill". B: Double gravity (drops resolve), Noctis (+grida if more darks are needed) and kill. Noctis is there for the TE, stats, prongs, and +1 combo active
FL3: Poke hera dragon to death. Use heart maker in the event of supreme orb troll.

Might need to tweak subs to hit the SB requirement, I need to double check awakenings.

raiot

I think you don't need sdr on verche, because his skill delay only triggers if he has no dark cards to bind, go check the youtube videos, i have never seen him bind anything...

J0dy77

I've actually bounced of it a little since I really dislike open world games and I find the combat loop absurdly tedious. But the exploration aspect is great and the dungeons are fantastic. Last night I was like "okay no Zelda tonight I need to go to work tomorrow" "well maybe just a little to get that next upgrade" "...crap it's 2am"

I've had the exact same feeling, the exploration and feel to the game is magical. The combat and framerate can be a pain but the game keeps sucking me in. I'm always looking to see what's over the next mountain or hill. Or when you get to the peak of a mountain and see a curious marker that seems so far off but you glide, climb, run and find your way there.... the feeling of discovery is amazing.

I don't want to say too much and spoil aspects for others but there are just some jaw dropping moments that keep sucking me in and time falling off the clock. I'll play this game to completion trying to catch every moment. It feels like there are hundreds of hours that can be missed.

Aesnath

Hmm, looking at the options, I don't think I can even convincingly attempt heradra at the moment without looking to drop a bunch of stones on continues. Eh, might get there eventually. I suppose Minerva Cheese could get there, so maybe that is a long term goal.

b33r

Yeah I don't mind spending a few stones on it, as long as I can get that mat for Yomi Dragon. I'm not sure which team I should attempt it with. my strongest at the moment are Aizen, Anaphon, dark Kanna, and Myr I suppose. I would like to keep it under 5 stones.

Top Bottom