• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Wars Pics. Holy SH*T...? (640x480 ; ;)

Console = 5 year (usually) investment.

PC = 1/1.5 year investment before you've got to upgrade again.

While consoles are stuck with the same silicon for 5 years, developers DO squeeze a lot out of them. Look at Riddick or Doom 3 or even Black. Its a much better long term investment to get a console IMO, sure you might not get as much freedom as PC's afford (modding community, servers), but the amount of cash you save along with a streamlined envirenment is worth it, at least for me it is.

Solo

Mashing said:
I haven't kept up with it much... but I"m surprised they'd license the name out to another developer. Who is making this game?

Doom 3 - id
Quake 4 - Ravensoft
Quake Wars - Splash Damage

Flo_Evans

teepo said:
you're not a pc gamer are you?

nor do you play battlefield style games...

:lol

Battlefield happens to be one of my favorite PC games. Try harder. I am currently running a 3Ghz and a geforce 6800.

hadareud

The Translator
Deg said:
Not quite I've brought two gfx cards the past 5 years (9700 Pro and 6800) and they have given me better value than consoles no doubt, including some of my all time favourite games. If you think BFME was good as an RTS than god help you.

How would I know, I haven't played it since I can't :D

I'm not interested in BFME in the slightest, but this could mean that there might be more RTS games to follow (and quality ones too). THis was my biggest gripe with console gaming so far and it would be very nice to see it ending ...

Deg

Banned
Well i want the latest tech. No skimping on the graphics card next time. Will make sure my motherboard is top notch.

hadareud said:
How would I know, I haven't played it since I can't :D

I'm not interested in BFME in the slightest, but this could mean that there might be more RTS games to follow (and quality ones too). THis was my biggest gripe with console gaming so far and it would be very nice to see it ending ...

Well EA have made The Sims for console.

Paladin69

why do all these doom 3/unreal 3 games need to have such a dark color pallete? I'm sick of the washed out browns, reds, and greens.

Why can't more normal mapped games have lots of color like Kameo? :)

Tain

Console = 5 year (usually) investment.

PC = 1/1.5 year investment before you've got to upgrade again.

While consoles are stuck with the same silicon for 5 years, developers DO squeeze a lot out of them. Look at Riddick or Doom 3 or even Black. Its a much better long term investment to get a console IMO, sure you might not get as much freedom as PC's afford (modding community, servers), but the amount of cash you save along with a streamlined envirenment is worth it, at least for me it is.

This is all assuming you have no desire to play games that were released prior to purchasing the platform, though.

I think there was an article somewhere recently that said the PC version would be finished first and that the game would then be ported to the next gen consoles.

Deg

Banned
Doc Savage said:
I think there was an article somewhere recently that said the PC version would be finished first and that the game would then be ported to the next gen consoles.

Yes. I hope the gameplay for this is great. It sounds more like BF2MC but thats the type they are aiming for anyway. I like the new tech they are using. We are moving forward fast nowadays.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm going to be a real man (manly beard and all) and demand to play this on the PC.

To those who are whining about the poly counts, who the hell cares!? The texture resolution is beautiful and you'll be sure to have at least more than 16 guys on the screen blasting each other with effects flying off in every direction.

Deg

Banned
I guess the Doom 3 engine cant handle that many polys. We have other games coming however.

Doc Savage said:
I hope they really opotimize the engine and it doesn't run like Quake 4 did on the 360. This game looks to be killer!!!
Its suppossed to run like Doom 3 according to the devs. Which is a good sign.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Why is the first though people have when they see new PC shooters "console port"? It's the other way around for me...

FiRez

elostyle said:
Why is the first though people have when they see new PC shooters "console port"? It's the other way around for me...

is cheaper and more comfortable to play the game in a X360/Xbox

Vandiger

elostyle said:

I'm the same way, I can't stand playing FPS on a stupid controller so I'll wait for the PC port :D. I've tried several times to adjust to playing on a controller and I just can't tolerate or have the patience to re-learn, I'm too set in my ways :(

quake1guy wins it.

omg. best screens since the new prey shots yesterday. wohoo. make love to me splashdamage.

James-Ape said:
when was Doom3 released? 2001? wasn't it later?
game was released in 2004 and 2005. this information isn't very hard to come by.

FightyF

Banned
blackadde said:
hot hot hot

no fee online
kbm support
higher res
mod community

ftw

100inch screen and Sofa FTW :)

Nevermind that stupid debate...obviously both have advantages and disadvantages...

The game looks sweet, and I really hope for a 360 port!

Top Bottom