• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quakecon 2009 August 13-16

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
WHOAguitarninja said:
You know I'm on top of this shit.

EDIT: You guys know this is the song that loops throughout the entirety of Rage, right? Doom 4 is heavily rumored to use the same song.
Nah, they confirmed Doom 4's music has vocals by John Carmack, and I'm not hearing any singing here.

Nirolak said:
Nah, they confirmed Doom 4's music has vocals by John Carmack, and I'm not hearing any singing here.

Oh that should be good. Is this his poetic readings of his quakecon keynotes put to music that I've been hearing about?

EDIT-ITS STARTING>

WHOAguitarninja said:
So can we all agree that Rage basically shits on everything now? :lol

Its more impressive than the vast, vast majority of 30fps games.....and runs at twice the framerate.

Underestimate Carmack and id at your peril, the guy's still a genius and the company is still full to the brim with bags of talent.

Oh, and yes more edge filtering algorithm talk! :lol

Seems pretty pissed at Activision tbh. Not surprising after seeing what's happened to Wolfenstein.

Edit: Damn Sega nearly published RAGE. That's would have been one of y ultimate wet dreams!! :D

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
"There's not gonna be any wholesale engine changes or anything like that."

No Fallout on idtech5? :'(

Jtwo said:
"There's not gonna be any wholesale engine changes or anything like that."

No Fallout on idtech5? :'(

A wholesale change overnight like that just isn't feasible, too much training and time invested already with the core technologies. Sounds like Carmack is going to go in and help optimise the shit out of their engines though, which is bound to help.

peakish

Great to hear that the relation to Zenimax seems fine, no pressed schedules, able to get three full staffed teams etc. I just hope that Id retains their quality in all the teams.

Been excited about RAGE since I first heard about it and that footage has got me even more pumped. I can't wait to see/learn more.

[HP]

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Sweet fucking Jesus. Algorithms for optimal control sensitivity.

Could listen to this man for hours.

yeah man... I love this guy! HE'S A FUCKING GOD!

you guys read Masters of Doom? Every gamer / dev should read that!

peakish

This part about game polishing is so on the spot, polish in AAA titles is really important. I'm glad he didn't just talk about management.

vilmer_

I find it scary that there are people in a conference stream chat for QUAKECON that think FPS games and PC gaming sucks :lol

WHOAguitarninja said:
So can we all agree that Rage basically shits on everything now? :lol
Carmack has made every other developer his bitch again, all is right with the gaming world.

1zodogz.jpg

Edit: Sweet the iphone games are on sale, finally time to pick up Doom: R

Ok, I didn't have great expectation for this, but after that video, holy shit it seems like 'The Hills Have Eyes" X 1000. That clown hide out was fucking pimp also. Although I do hate car gameplay, this might be an acception..

Top Bottom