• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic dream on PS3

I don't really see it being anything else other than HR. QD really isn't big enough to be handeling several huge projects. And the description given in the press release matches what they've said HR is going to be.

Jim

Busty said:
I'd say that was a stone cold fact. I'm sure Nintendo and MS have their own variations.

It's usually "take full advantage of the unique [touch screen/motion sensing] controls" for DS/Wii for Nintendo.

Also, is Indigo Prophecy BC on the 360 yet?

Steroyd

PleoMax said:
The ccompany line is getting kinda rediculous. I read one more "Power of Cell" in a PR and i'm gonna trow up

Maybe devs are genuinely excited about teh powah of Cell?

Did you think of that huh? DID YOU!?

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

YES!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

it is definitely HR I think, given the description...I think Nex gen are inferring otherwise because HR isnt specifically mentioned but I dont think they know anything...Truth be told HR hasn't been revealed at all really and was demoed at the e3 booth last year = 100% confirmation it is that game

peace

Ceb

Gotta be Heavy Rain. I'm glad QD now has a publisher who'll give them the freedom they need, and that they can concentrate on tooling it for one platform (unless the PSP version is still on the table, lol).

Raistlin

gofreak said:
The Factor5-Sony deal is for two games, at least that's what was reported. Maybe it's 3 now if they're including a downloadable game in there too.

Wasn't it 2 + 1 PSN?

Raistlin

nelsonroyale said:
eh just ignore it, its pr speak...

How is it PR speak though?

If a team is really taking advantage of it, it can do new things. Quantic sounds like they love to push technology, so they chose PS3.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Aisenherz said:
Damn! A few days ago, that "leak" was a "E3 suprise" :'(
Damn can you go back to the winking guy, it fit so much better with all your posts, cause you leave your posts hanging and then you could just look at that guy and know. ;-)
And the new one freaked me out, i thought there was a bug on my screen, not cool. :-\

This is great news and I hope that the game benefits from the developers being able to concentrate on one hardware platform, especially one that has a HDD standard.

Mau ®

I watched the Heavy Rain tech demo again. Its soo envolving but the animations and facework needs more work.

I really hope its Heavy Rain.

Xtyle

you know what's freakier????
I had some garbage in my kitchen left there for weeks (was uh...too busy..mm..lazy) and I cleaned it up today but there were bunch of small flies (flys??) feeding on it...the same size as you avatar and there are some left flying in my apartment and they are attracted to my monitor's light....so when I saw your avatar, I tried to make it fly away...but it didn't move, so I was like OH SHIT IT GOT INTO MY MONITOR...that scared me for a good 10 seconds.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Durante said:
You're right. I wonder if ICO or SotC ever came close to breaking even. Anyone know the budget of those games?
Dunno the budget, but based on size of ICO team it may well have been profitable - didn't it do ~500k worldwide?
Consider that original DarkCloud made profit on first 100k sales in Japan.

PleoMax said:
The ccompany line is getting kinda rediculous. I read one more "Power of Cell" in a PR and i'm gonna trow up
Well at least they restrict it to their PR releases only.
Some companies actually have the audacity to put this kind of shit into their SDKs/technical documentation.

zallaaa said:
if Heavy Rain is half what The Indigo Profecy was, than PS3 has a BIG, FAT system seller in his pocket, the game was so absorbing... however, if they can't keep it an exclusive they will cry bitter tears.

A system seller? Indigo Profecy was a system seller? I sthat why stores marked Indigo Profecy down to #10.00?
IMO, Indigo Profecy wasn't that great. It was very linear. People complain about Shenmue, but Indigo Profecy had even less freedome then shenmue. I don't think anyone will buy Heavy Rain going by Indigo Profecy perfomance. So, it not much of an exclusive.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Way to shoot yourself in the freaken foot, being partners with sony and probably releasing only for them. They might sell as much as barbie adventures for the 360

Crow-kun

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Way to shoot yourself in the freaken foot, being partners with sony and probably releasing only for them. They might sell as much as barbie adventures for the 360
Someone sound the wambulance. :lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Seeing as how David Cage loves to put himself in his games, the PS3 exclusive wont be Heavy Rain. Its going to be a game where you play as Cage and you are creating the PS3 game.

:D

Mau ®

~Kinggi~ said:

PS360

Banned
Aisenherz said:
:lol :lol :lol Your are the third person, today :lol

**** you got me AS i was reading this reply..pfhahahaha.

Im not embarrassed though, ive had bugs on my monitor many times since the summer began.

Busty

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:

sybok.jpg

"Your pain.... share it with me!!!!"

..... it's number five, so it's OK to reference. You got a problem with it? Take it up with the 'Shat.....

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mojovonio said:
wasn't his always a PS3 only game?

I think it was announced as a game for "next gen consoles". Meaning: "we are intending to make it for both Xbox360 and PS3, but we are open for moneyhats".

Pimpwerx

~Kinggi~ said:
Made no sense keeping Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox either. Sometimes shit happens. PEACE.

big_z

They've been working on Omikron 2 for a while so hopefully that's not the ps3 only game. If they turn HR into a full game thats fine by me but Omikron belongs on PC.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
big_z said:
They've been working on Omikron 2 for a while so hopefully that's not the ps3 only game. If they turn HR into a full game thats fine by me but Omikron belongs on PC.

Supposedly they have said an Omikron sequel is happening, but do we know if it's actually in full development? They apparently have a few concepts they're playing about with, but I think they're really only resourced to go into full production with one at a time.

If it was Omikron that'd be a huge coup, perhaps bigger than Heavy Rain, at least for me. I loved that game, although oddly I completely missed Fahrenheit.

Still, though, given that they went public with The Casting and discussed Heavy Rain, odds are overwhelmingly that it's that I think.

justjohn

~Kinggi~ said:
baby_crying_closeup.jpg

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Kabouter

gofreak said:
Supposedly they have said an Omikron sequel is happening, but do we know if it's actually in full development? They apparently have a few concepts they're playing about with, but I think they're really only resourced to go into full production with one at a time.

If it was Omikron that'd be a huge coup, perhaps bigger than Heavy Rain, at least for me. I loved that game, although oddly I completely missed Fahrenheit.

Still, though, given that they went public with The Casting and discussed Heavy Rain, odds are overwhelmingly that it's that I think.

They have said a sequel is happening, it'll go by the name of Omikron: Karma. It is however NOT in full production as I'm quite sure that Quantic Dream has only a single development team. Omikron: Karma is probably concept/planning only until Heavy Rain is nearing completion and they can shift some resources away from it.

Also you should check out Fahrenheit, it can be had REALLY cheap nowadays and the first portion of the game makes buying it well worth it.

Either way, I really wanna play both games, so whichever it is this deal may well mean I'll be looking to buy a PS3 somewhere late 2008/2009.

Top Bottom