• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

noomi

Looks amazing, always had such a high interest in this game. Really hope that PC will one day see this...

Generic white dude with X-men powers...yay? I don't see the allure of this game yet.
It's Remedy. They've done cools things in the past.

And I haven't watched much of this game or kept up with it, but this looks cool. Love the details they nailed with the stopping of time.

Grimsen

Wow, they really scrapped those early character designs in favor of digitized actors.

Not bad.

Shouldn't the guns be not working when time is stopped, though?

The graphics are impressive for sure.

The gameplay looks a little 'eh' to me. It looks very....interruptive? Every few seconds things slow way down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I dunno how I feel in regards for those magic/time break effects in terms of graphics. But it looks like a cover shooter, which is fine with me. I didn't really care for Alan Wake too much because it felt too... repetitive. Whereas with a shooter while they're repetitive there's generally variety in terms of the combat and decisions to make instead of just running around waiting for your flashlight to break the "armor" of the enemies you're then going to shoot.

I'm still waiting for Remedy to do Max Payne 3, though. :(

ShutterMunster

So they delayed it so they could put celebs in?

In all seriousness I think the gameplay looks kind of cool, though the visual effects are a little oppressive. I don't know if that will get tiring after a while. I'm also not sold on the idea of integrating a live action TV show into the game. I think that it's counterintuitive and potentially even immersion breaking. It shows a lack of confidence in the medium's storytelling abilities to me.

NightOnyx

Looks great! I don't have an Xbox One and probably wont have one for a while, if at all, but this would be the game I would want most if I ever end up getting one. Will check out the show if anything.

0racle

Strange, if that is the entire game...those effects will get old way too fast. Beautiful in the few minutes we saw, but imagine every combat situation unfolding like that with the over the top effects and flow breaking combat.....I hope its good...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Honestly, I gotta say that this is the best looking game ever visually imo. Even with the compression you can see how absolutely phenomenal everything looks.

The effects are freaking beautiful. However, I'm afraid that along with the gameplay it will get old and repetitive really quick. The seem to put a lot of time and money into these time affects. I'm going to have to wait for reviews on this one.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
If he weren't white, gamers would have trouble relating to him.

Play GTA V and notice how much more you can relate to Michael and Trevor over Franklin.

Sarcasm?

They need to release a better quality stream. That looked rough as hell.

aravuus

Gameplay looks just okay, but visually it's a very good-looking game. Expecting a similar experience I had with AW: gameplay was super boring, but loved the story.

Servbot24

Banned
Those are some effects alright :O

Gameplay looks cool too, as long as they make it progress instead of relying on a a single gimmick.

le.phat

Ehh, i mean, the stylisation looks cool, but it looks really cookie cutter in terms of gameplay. Also, the level of post processing is way over the top, makes it look messy

Gamerloid

Looks pretty good with the mechanics it has with the time system. This has always been the game I've eyed the most since its revealed.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Combat looks super confusing. I hope all the fights don't overdo the time stuff. I like the special effects, but they need to tone it down, make it less busy to the eyes.

I will quote the Mozart movie: "Too many notes" - but the visual counterpart.

jacobeid

Banned
Well, it certainly looks like a game that has been in development for a long time.

I keep wanting this game to impress me and it keeps falling flat :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Combat looks super confusing. I hope all the fights don't overdo the time stuff. I like the special effects, but they need to tone it down, make it less busy to the eyes.

I will quote the Mozart movie: "Too many notes" - but the visual counterpart.
How does combat look confusing? You shoot things, and also use your powers to help you shoot things.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Top Bottom