• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gamersyde preview. HQ gameplay inside.

Still dont see the problem with first gif on the train. Second one yeah. Glitched out abit. Can happen. Lets not make it bigger then it is haha.

the shadows changed completely from low res to higher res and even positions. Also the shadows on top of the train carriage are clearly lower quality than the ones that changed on the side of the train.

Theorry

the shadows changed completely from low res to higher res and even positions. Also the shadows on top of the train carriage are clearly lower quality than the ones that changed on the side of the train.

Ah i see it now. Guess i dont notice such things very quick.

mocoworm

https://twitter.com/sydbolton/status/714456335253958656

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/714557870055022592

Less than a week to test the accuracy of these judgements, but even being wholly subjective, I'm choosing to be encouraged by them.

#SUPERPUMPED

Still not seeing the problem in the seconf gif. The crosshair is not on the bad guy when the player shoot.

Like I said earlier. It's a shotgun. The shot spreads. Yeah? ;)

If not, it's totally time distortion.

Strootman

zR7EyaO.png

lol

Think I saw a tweet from Jim Sterling where he was enjoying his time with the game as well.

This is Remedy, of course its going to be a good game. Just how good we will soon find out for ourselves :)

The people that played the game can not talk about it in large for obvious reasons so this kind of thread almost always end up being a warzone between highly anticipating players and the ones nitpicking, both of them are based on gameplay videos and second hand accounts.

The argument is that a linear game shouldn't take 6 years to make. It seems to me that every new ip gets stuck in development hell at Remedy, with them building and scraping a lot of stuff in the process, a late change of the cast is a good sign of that.

Your math is a bit off sweet heart. It didn't take Remedy 6 years to make this game. Alan Wake isn't even 6 years old at this point. After AW they did some expansions and American nightmare. Then had a concept for Alan Wake 2. They ended up with Quantum Break which they announced in 2013 not even 3 years ago.

Stop shit posting.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah and then when you play you see thing like this

LargeEarlyBettong.gif

gifryysbo.gif

It'll be a nice game but come on it's not all gold what we've seen so far.
First one looks like a issue with the temporal reconstruction tech... you will see a lot that moving with graphics getting a bit better on time when you stop to move.

#truetimemanipulation

The second one is a glitch or Remedy didn't know how to work with shotgun.

cakely

It's a shotgun. Shot fires out at all angles. It isn't a point particle like a bullet. That would totally take that guys knee out.

If you've ever used a shotgun outside of a video game you'd know that the shot spread is actually quite tight out to a considerable range.

Bgamer90

Banned
Why 'lol' @ linear? Because you can influence the story? That doesn't make the gameplay less linear really. The levels are still pushing you from a to b and the acts still follow each other up in the same way. Look at it as a Life is Strange for instance in that regard. 'Gameplaywise' that one was actually linear too.

That is not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. QB is a linear shooter, just like other examples in the genre. (I never though of linear as a downside, it is an artistic choice)

I meant to put "linear 7 hour shooter" in my post. My overall point was that I don't understand how someone who didn't play the game (which is why I gave attention to that part of the post) as well as see how the game was made could go so in depth with what's "possible" on a current gen system. Especially considering this game is doing a lot of stuff that other games aren't doing.

A game being linear shouldn't automatically mean "easier/faster to make".

AndyD

aka andydumi
Agreed. Imagine how much time scene's like this took to put together.

8VaMfHj.gif

Nice. Reminds me a bit of those time lapse shots in Infamous. Where the time shifted in an accelerated fashion but the world continued to go about its business.

LostDonkey

bro it's not an open world

so no.

What does open world have to do with anything.

I've read from some unconfirmed comments on various articles a while ago that there was some sort of dynamic TOD in the game, just wondering if anyone who has actually played can chip in with an answer.

That would explain the train gif, maybe it's just a TOD shift like in Forza Horizon, they jump the same way.

Edit: obviously the dynamic TOD is evident when using powers, I'm asking if there's a real time element running in the background.

Think I saw a tweet from Jim Sterling where he was enjoying his time with the game as well.

This is Remedy, of course its going to be a good game. Just how good we will soon find out for ourselves :)

I think Jim Sterling just said he really likes getting enough time to review the game, don't think he gave an opinion on the game just yet.

"Drafting out my Quantum Break review, well ahead of embargo time. Nothing quite like getting time to craft the writing. Love it." - @JimSterling

I think Jim Sterling just said he really likes getting enough time to review the game, don't think he gave an opinion on the game just yet.

"Drafting out my Quantum Break review, well ahead of embargo time. Nothing quite like getting time to craft the writing. Love it." - @JimSterling

Like derFeef said, there was an earlier tweet about him liking his time with the game though he couldn't go into specifics due to the embargo.

Can't wait for Friday to read some reviews and then Tuesday for the launch.

It's going to be a long 7 days .....

EDIT: And then you go find the tweet in question :)

Top Bottom