• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Then I am definitely going to love it, because I am already enjoying it and I am only reading emails and exploring around do to see and read stuff. The action hasn't even started yet.

Loving the clean look of this game, I'm on a 55 incher here and I barely see any aliasing. I could have done without the film grain though.

Got my 60" reserved tonight for my viewing pleasure. May even try to force the missus to sit in on this one. Can't wait to get home!

Theorry

Think the game looks fine. But its really blurry tho. The other effects look really really good. But standing still you really notice the 720p. I prefer the game in a night setting in the daytime scenes you notice it even more.

Got my 60" reserved tonight for my viewing pleasure. May even try to force the missus to sit in on this one. Can't wait to get home!

Well you're going to love it on that big screen man. :)

Nice attention to details too. Jack's jacket sways very realistically when you walk around and not only the lower parts of the jacket but his whole jacket. I dig that Shit.

Tall Paul

Cant wait to play this tonight, won a free code for it last week so im all in....come to think of it I also won a copy of Gears Ultimate Edition on Sunday..maybe I need to get a lottery ticket!!

Alienfan

Think the game looks fine. But its really blurry tho. The other effects look really really good. But standing still you really notice the 720p. I prefer the game in a night setting in the daytime scenes you notice it even more.

Yeah, quite a lot of pop in as well. Found sitting back and playing on my TV solved most of the blurry issues. Game looks great most of the time though!

basefree

Can the episodes be paused, and can they be resumed if you can only watch say, 10 minutes, and then quit/power off? Is there a way to watch them again at a later time?

Yes that's true, but for a 720p game it looks really damn good. And again I am so glad we barely see any aliasing. That stuff distracts me so much. I don't have these great effects yet and you really spot some of the less pretty stuff. Metal bars don't really look like metal bars and when you look at them the texture seems to move or it's some kind of weird blur effect on it. Maybe all the result of low resolution and the AA solution?

I do believe though that Remedy did all they could for this game tech wise, considering the hardware. I can't help but think about how sick it must look at 1080p and 60fps.

Genio88

Shawn Ashmore is surprisingly good in this!

Yeah, i didn't watch anything from him before, i actually didn't even know him as an actor, though he's really surpriced me, so far he plays Jack Joyce very well, i also saw interviews of him playing and talking about the game, he's a cool guy

lostcauz

Can the episodes be paused, and can they be resumed if you can only watch say, 10 minutes, and then quit/power off? Is there a way to watch them again at a later time?

Yeah, they can be paused, not sure if you can resume if you turn off your console but you can rewatch all episodes.

Zedox

Finished Act 1 last night and watched first episode (PR) this morning. Really good game. I'm getting used to using the powers and how to do cover but i'm really just running around and then use vision when I find cover and try to think of something cool to pull off.

Looking forward to Act 2.

KORNdoggy

does the games slightly weird movement animations come across as much while you're playing? or is it something you notice more while you're watching footage?

the way the protagonist moves and always settles on his left foot with little to no transition, and the way he aims with little to no frames of animation look super jarring while viewing gameplay. but i'm hoping it's just down to scrutinizing more due to being a passive viewer?

anyone able to clarify?

I preordered the game last month from the Microsoft store so how do I know if I get the Windows Store version? Haven't gotten an email yet.

Theorry

does the games slightly weird movement animations come across as much while you're playing? or is it something you notice more while you're watching footage?

the way the protagonist moves and always settles on his left foot with little to no transition, and the way he aims with little to no frames of animation look super jarring while viewing gameplay. but i'm hoping it's just down to scrutinizing more due to being a passive viewer?

anyone able to clarify?

You really dont notice while playing really. The aiming was a design choice i read and i agree it feels good to play.

dc89

I'm trying to redeem my Alan Wake code on xbox.com and it says theres a problem. Anyone else getting this?

shandy706

anyone able to clarify?

Playing the game is like a complete 180 from watching someone else. It's fast, fun, and you're watching what's happening around you vs watching your character. I don't even think about it or notice my character while playing unless I'm making sure I'm in cover.

By the way, people, a service announcement:

If you want to replay the game using your same ability upgrades, DON'T USE THE 'NEW GAME' OPTION. It'll wipe your progress entirely, including upgrades and collectibles.

Start your replay using the Timeline-feature in the main menu instead. Just start by replaying the first mission.

Why on earth are the movies so big? 4 hours of ultra high bitrate 1080p?

Don't download them, just stream them. Unless you're super anal about needing to have everything on your HDD, even if you're only going to watch them once, you'll be fine by just streaming them.

anyone able to clarify?

I actually forgot that was a thing till you just reminded me.
Ha so there is your answer.

I'm trying to redeem my Alan Wake code on xbox.com and it says theres a problem. Anyone else getting this?

When I got my Quantum Break on Friday I tried to used the Alan Wake code too but it didn't work either. I put it down to the game not being officialy out yet. But I did hear about pre-orders being swapped out for a different game than Alan Wake? I got a code from Shopto for Alan Wake American nightmare which I was able to successfully redeem.

totallydied

Neo Member

anyone able to clarify?

I can't talk for anyone else, but I rarely noticed due to how hectic the gameplay can be.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, the first time you get to use the handgun. Remedy nails the satisfaction of shooting. But I do noticed how it was a bit tricky while aiming, I have disabled any kind of aiming assist and it didn't seem as snappy and accurate as other third person shooters. But I will adjust to this I'm sure.

As many other have noticed earlier is the transition from standing around to aiming, its like there are animations missing. Odd, because before you get the gun and you hold LT, it slowly zooms in, why not do that for aiming?

MrBS

Well I've completed Act 1 and watched the first live action episode.

Nothing groundbreaking but very solid. The gameplay once you get the hang of the toys in the game is really fun. The live action stuff was okay for the first couple minutes before the real actors left and the other people had to carry it, after that much cringe.

Dear Remedy,

I always feel you put a lot of care, love, and general passion in your projects. The results of which end up feeling amazing. I've watched your videos, seen the interviews, and one thing you have always come across as is how genuine, nice, and passionate you all are.

But... if all these Alan Wake teases, easter eggs, mentions, etc in Quantum Break don't lead to Alan Wake 2... I'm gonna be heart broken. Like legit, most dissapointed gaming moment forever.

That said Quantum Break is one hell of a game and now I have two series from you all that I want sequels to. One day at a time, I suppose.... One day at a time.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, the first time you get to use the handgun. Remedy nails the satisfaction of shooting. But I do noticed how it was a bit tricky while aiming, I have disabled any kind of aiming assist and it didn't seem as snappy and accurate as other third person shooters. But I will adjust to this I'm sure.

As many other have noticed earlier is the transition from standing around to aiming, its like there are animations missing. Odd, because before you get the gun and you hold LT, it slowly zooms in, why not do that for aiming?

It's a design choice. They wanted to make aiming snappy and not have you wait for your animation to complete.

Your nectar points double e.g. £10 worth of Nectar points double to £20. See the customer service desk before purchase and tell them you want to double up in the gaming category.

I am off to Sainsbury's to get it this way.

Edit: Today is the last day of the double up promotion

Wow just been in to my local store and they don't have any copies, my points would of been worth £16 too.

Game looks good but I'll just wait till a sale for the physical version now.

Trup1aya

anyone able to clarify?

Feels good to play. Nice and responsive. You won't notice it while you are playing because you are focused on the enemies and the environment.

It's a design choice. They wanted to make aiming snappy and not have you wait for your animation to complete.

Hmm that does make sense yeah.

Nice stuff, in this stutter moment I walk towards the baddies who are all frozen in time and you automatically pick up their rifles when you touch them. Leaving them standing there without rifles but in the guns ready position, haha.

derFeef

Dear Remedy,

I always feel you put a lot of care, love, and general passion in your projects. The results of which end up feeling amazing. I've watched your videos, seen the interviews, and one thing you have always come across as is how genuine, nice, and passionate you all are.

But... if all these Alan Wake teases, easter eggs, mentions, etc in Quantum Break don't lead to Alan Wake 2... I'm gonna be heart broken. Like legit, most dissapointed gaming moment forever.

That said Quantum Break is one hell of a game and now I have two series from you all that I want sequels to. One day at a time, I suppose.... One day at a time.

:)
I will never love a game that much like Alan Wake. I am sure I will enjoy QB but my heart is still with Remedy's second franchise. And I feel their heart is there too.

DirtyLarry

I had a problem as well but turned out I already owned it. I think it must have been a Games With Gold game at some point or something.

Just got to work, so a long day ahead of me, but looking forward to checking this out tonight. Think I talked my wife into watching TV on her own upstairs.

Top Bottom