• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Lunaniem

does anyone know if this is cheaper if you set region to ukraine in windows?

Ukraine is about $50, India is $67.

Either prices aren't fixed yet or they decided to punish those areas for being able to purchase store funds outside of the country.

papo

This game looks GREAT. Like it is the small details, like for example in the beginning while walking through the college he takes a calls. The way his face looks, the way his hands looks holding the phone, the fingers. Wow it's a looker!

I really appreciate them choosing image/effect quality over resolution and fps. I don't mind at all, even with the glitches and stuff that happens because of how they achieve their result. I wonder...would this technique be usable to make 1080p look 4k? It would be awesome.

The TV show part, I've only seen the first episode, is good. It's basic Scyfy quality. Nothing out of this world and the episode dealt more with a side character, but still good enough. The mix of game and tv works, it really works and I wish other studios would try it out.
Like it would be awesome to have an episodic game à la yearly series on Netflix.

The gameplay is ok. Nothing really out there, but it just made me realize a ame like Uncharted kinda feels the same in that it's more about the story and the guns are generic. It's the gameplay,atmosphere, etc that make the game.

Can't wait to go back to it today if I have some time.

Nialrot

Starting the install process and was wondering/assuming that the game will tell you when to watch the episodes correct?

Gumbie

You were only granted access to the PC version by pre-ordering the digital XO version. That's it.

Do you know if it works the other way around? Like if I buy the PC version that's up on the Windows store now do I get the X1 digital version too?

Oh Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit man, that first time power you get. Jesus that Shit is sick. I thought I had seen it all in Timeshift and stuff like that, but no way, this is different. This combined with the lovely gun mechanics.... Oh man.

Yeah, this game seems pretty cool.

Also, brought to you by Nissan.

Edit: it's curious that they shot the show on digital and didn't do anything to make it look otherwise. The game is chasing a very grainy, filmic look whereas the show is exceedingly clean and doesn't try to hide its digital-ness.

Van

been upgraded to windows 10 for a while now, but i just realized i cant buy stuff like xbox games on the windows store, halp?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
:)
I will never love a game that much like Alan Wake. I am sure I will enjoy QB but my heart is still with Remedy's second franchise. And I feel their heart is there too.

I'm the same. I'm enjoying Quantum Break to this point. But so far i like Alan Wake more.

Kid Goku

Banned
Oh Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit man, that first time power you get. Jesus that Shit is sick. I thought I had seen it all in Timeshift and stuff like that, but no way, this is different. This combined with the lovely gun mechanics.... Oh man.

I know right :). It's like that little kid in you going:

LPXeU.gif

So Remedy's next game, hopefully Alan Wake II, will release on the next xbox right ?
Imagining Remedy's game on that next xbox hardware is gonna be a sight to behold. For me the only downside to Alan Wake were the gameplay mechanics, was a bit repetitive. If they can inject a bit of the diversity and fun gameplay of QB into Alan Wake...oh boy it'll be a perfect SP game.

I'm the same. I'm enjoying Quantum Break to this point. But so far i like Alan Wake more.

I don't think anything will ever top that first playthrough of Alan Wake on not knowing what twists the story will take and what would happen along with the great characters and story (Barry!!!), and so far nothing has. With that said, I can't wait to start QB tonight and dive into what I'm hearing is still an amazing game and story, However, Alan Wake 2 is what I eventually want, and I believe Remedy knows the same thing and is the most passionate about.

I know right :). It's like that little kid in you going:

LPXeU.gif

So Remedy's next game, hopefully Alan Wake II, will release on the next xbox right ?
Imagining Remedy's game on that next xbox hardware is gonna be a sight to behold. For me the only downside to Alan Wake were the gameplay mechanics, was a bit repetitive. If they can inject a bit of the diversity and fun gameplay of QB into Alan Wake...oh boy it'll be a perfect SP game.

Oh man, a new Alan Wake with these kind of gun mechanics? Hellz yeah. I hope so much that QB sells well because that'll only increase the chances of AW seeing the light of day.

Loving the physics and destructibility too. Also the way baddies drop dead after the fatal bullet, yep it is looking sweet as hell.

jg4xchamp

Hey folks, sorry is this has been answered before, but anyone know when the people who preordered the Xbox One version get the code for the Windows 10 version?

Can you pause the videos and pick them up where you left off later (similar to Netflix)? Just thinking forward to tonight when I'll have a limited amount of time to play and may need to turn off halfway through.

totallydied

Neo Member
Does anyone know when Microsoft will allow captures to be saved for QB?

I just discovered going through my captures for the day that none were saved, and it will not let me save the remaining captures remaining.

someone else asked this same questione arlier. it looks like a select few have seen this happen to them.

Dammit

That's strange they normally only disable captures if you receive the game early.

Happened with me on NBA 2K16 (early tip off weekend)

dc89

When I got my Quantum Break on Friday I tried to used the Alan Wake code too but it didn't work either. I put it down to the game not being officialy out yet. But I did hear about pre-orders being swapped out for a different game than Alan Wake? I got a code from Shopto for Alan Wake American nightmare which I was able to successfully redeem.

I had a problem as well but turned out I already owned it. I think it must have been a Games With Gold game at some point or something.

Just got to work, so a long day ahead of me, but looking forward to checking this out tonight. Think I talked my wife into watching TV on her own upstairs.

It's working now! How weird... I wasn't typing it in wrong, I even tried in a different web browser and all sorts.

bedlamite

That Alt-F4 thread...what a shitshow.

Just downloaded the game and I'm waiting for the episode pack to finish downloading. Can't wait to get into this!

Alienfan

Can you pause the videos and pick them up where you left off later (similar to Netflix)? Just thinking forward to tonight when I'll have a limited amount of time to play and may need to turn off halfway through.

Yeah it gives you pretty much full on Netflix controls :) (pause, rewind, fast-forward and subtitles). I usually go get a snack and a drink before starting an episode :p

I liked it quite a bit. It's a very solid game.

Its problem is that it's more of a movie than a game at times, and has far too much reading. At least, if your Obsessive Compulsive like I am.

Overall, I preferred Alan Wake and Max Payne, at the time. But this is still really solid and well worth checking out if you're a mature gamer.

BraXzy

Patiently waiting for my PC code. :D...:D...-_-...

It's an absolute joke that these weren't sent out well in advance so that the game could be preloaded and playable at launch. What a mess, not giving me any confidence in future PC releases from MS.

zorbsie

It's not saving screenshots or videos for you guys? My Xbox did say when a screenie was made or a video. Odd.

Screen and videos are saved but they can't be shared. What's worse is the shots you have can never be shared. Happened before to me with another early game.

Genio88

Can't wait to receive my PC code, Remedy tweeted they'll send them today in waves, so i'll be able to see with my own eyes how it is compared to Xbox one

Screen and videos are saved but they can't be shared. What's worse is the shots you have can never be shared. Happened before to me with another early game.

oh ffs. This happened to me with Halo 5. Lost like 300 screenshots because I got the game early. Thankfully I'm only a few hours into Quantum Break atm. But still, got like 90 screenshots from the first Act that are now useless -.-

Alienfan

I liked it quite a bit. It's a very solid game.

Its problem is that it's more of a movie than a game at times, and has far too much reading. At least, if your Obsessive Compulsive like I am.

Overall, I preferred Alan Wake and Max Payne, at the time. But this is still really solid and well worth checking out if you're a mature gamer.

Also, not a fan of scrolling all the way to the bottom to read the first email.

Top Bottom