• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Recommend playing on hard difficulty. Got like 730 achievements in my first playthrough like 8 days ago so that was nice. Might jump back in and get all 1000 achievements soon.

madmackem

Still with this?

Anyway, I don't know if the bumpers on my Elite controller are weird, but sometimes I hit those suckers and the dash just doesn't activate. I'm not sure if it's me or what. The recoil on some of these guns too...sheesh.
I've had that issue a few times it sometimes just bugs out on me which isn't idea on hard when you've decided to run into a few with the running punch. How many acts are there upto four now I think.

Justinh

Recommend playing on hard difficulty. Got like 730 achievements in my first playthrough like 8 days ago so that was nice. Might jump back in and get all 1000 achievements soon.

I went back and replayed the first chapter on hard because I thought normal wasn't that bad and I wanted to see how hard it got. So far Hard is pretty manageable.

Also, lol,
http://i.imgur.com/suugWmH.jpg

not a spoiler, but I'm in Part 2 of Act 2, someone might not want to see that. Crappy off-screen because GameDVR is just...

edit: just to be clear, I'm not making fun of the game. I like to think that there's someone in the game's universe and put that there just to be an asshole.

Ricky_R

So many great impressions. Glad you guys are enjoying the game.

Great OT!

Then what are you waiting for? Go get one!

Unless you got a PC.

It's just not feasible for me right now. I have a PC, but it won't even reach the title screen.

Chitown B

Only got to Act 1.2 last night. Was too tired.

So, I took a bunch of screenshots with my Xbox One but they're not uploaded to xbox.com. Odd. I wonder if there's an issue.

P.S. - how do those who bought on X1 get our PC copy?

Oh hold on....

My feed on Xbox One is not showing my videos and screenshots but it DID save them, they are found in my notifications. It's just that others can't see it though.

Ah. So, known issue.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
jxDxx7v.png

:/

just talked with microsoft support

Excuse me?

This is a known issue with the One. At least on my end it is.
What fixes it every single time is disconnect your one from the Internet entirely.
Continue the install from the disk and let it get to 100%, which it will do so MUCH quicker when you are offline.
Once it is done go back online and get the updates.

It happens all the time with disk based installs on my end, and doing what I said above, going offline completely and installing the disk, always works.

EDIT: You may even need to stop the install entirely and start over. Do not worry, it will go much faster offline.

Hey thanks a lot dude it worked. Very much appreciated.

Really enjoying the game, it looks really gorgeous at times

ahartig

Played the first act last night and the time powers are awesome. Only trouble I'm having is getting the time warp (LB) power to activate when i want it since the XB1 bumpers are so freaking finicky. Did the newer controllers improve on this? I may have to go buy one as its really annoying. My controllers are from 2014

Also, is there a way to stick to cover like divison/gears games? Or is it all context sensitive?

Moving around the environment, just walking and running around, specifically in non-combat sections but it sort of occurs during action too.

Oh yeah, for sure. The non-combat sections definitely feel different. I find this to happen especially in the platforming stuff. Still, once combat starts, the game feels like butter to me.

Loving these impressions... gigantic, unrepentant fanboy of Alan Wake here, super excited to play a new game by Remedy.

When/if amazon fucking delivers it.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Gemüsepizza;200216248 said:
Just looked this game up in the Windows 10 store... really Microsoft?

qbl3r5o.png

You thought they were bringing their Xbox exclusives to PC out of generosity? PC and Xbox will become one. With Xbox prices of course.

pitchfork

Oh hold on....

My feed on Xbox One is not showing my videos and screenshots but it DID save them, they are found in my notifications. It's just that others can't see it though.

I'm thinking they did this on purpose so your friends can avoid spoilers

Dunno though

Also, add me to the current 30% who went 'Hardline'

Played the first act last night and the time powers are awesome. Only trouble I'm having is getting the time warp (LB) power to activate when i want it since the XB1 bumpers are so freaking finicky. Did the newer controllers improve on this? I may have to go buy one as its really annoying. My controllers are from 2014

Also, is there a way to stick to cover like divison/gears games? Or is it all context sensitive?

Contextual cover, plus cover is not really important once you have the powers.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Are people receiving their PC codes yet? Preordered on XBL and have nothing yet, PC code, Alan Wake Code or otherwise.

Haines

Banned
Just got this in the mail. Haven't follows a thing since reveal.

Should I do the episodes or is it reasonable to just stream them? Any downside to the latter?

Anything else I should know before I dive in tonight like a certain option needing changed or anything?

I'm on Xbox one with an elite controller

I just got a promo code from Amazon for it? Anyone know what that's for. Also I see I get Alan wake which I never played. Is that in the case when I open it?

Didn't buy a physical copy of a game for my XO in quite a while, is the installation still as lengthy? Should I install the game offline and then update(if it has a patch)?

shandy706

The AI is really good despite a few hiccups. They flank a lot.

Yeah, the AI is pretty great.

I kept getting surprised by some of them. You have to keep moving, even against the easiest guys at the beginning.

Edit* I stopped one guy mid grenade throw and watching my slow-MO kill cam hitting him and the grenade going off was awesome. It threw him into some stuff knocking the items over while the blast obliterated a bunch of stuff on a table...all in slow-motion. (Drool)

malfcn

Done installing.

45 minutes to go from tray to patch and play. I also had Alan Wake and American Nightmare queued up. And a little YouTube at the same time.

Theorry

Just finished it. Started yesterday. Really really loved it. The story really surprised me in a good way. Great written timetravel stuff. Intresting characters and perfect pacing and nice twists. Think i played arround 12 hours and was just perfect imo. That way it never got boring. Thing i am gonna play a second time right away. Really want to try the other choices. Recommend the game on Hard of you are a seasoned shooter player. Played on Normal and only in act 5 i died maybe a couple of times.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea I switched over to Hard after Act 1. Game is easily doable and probably the preferred way.

Only firefight that gave me trouble so far is the one at the end of Act 3.

I went back and replayed the first chapter on hard because I thought normal wasn't that bad and I wanted to see how hard it got. So far Hard is pretty manageable.

Like manageable as in actually manageable or manageable as in you guys play everything else on Hard and you're great at third person shooters manageable.

Like manageable as in actually manageable or manageable as in you guys play everything else on Hard and you're great at third person shooters manageable.

I'm no way your best shooter player (competent but not extremely good), and I died like twice, three times tops in my two normal playthroughs, and at least one of them is because I ducked behind a car that explodes.

Top Bottom