• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

It's probably been mentioned already but WATCH THE VIDEO ON THE TV IN THE TENT AT THE START!Some nice little references in it!

jxDxx7v.png

:/

just talked with microsoft support

Btw, we know that.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've completed Act 1; took a lot of screenshots which are not sharable; I like the show, it's a nice way to end an act.

Game is installing. Can't wait to get back from work. I impulse bought it last night.

Disappointed with the preorder bonus though. I'd rather have Kameo. I don't suppose anyone's looking to trade for a US American Nightmare code? I know the Kameo one won't be.

Hmmmm now this was odd.

After act 1 I decided to eat something and watch Better call Saul and I didn't quit the game. But as soon as act 2 started weird things happened, the cutscene was like it was being fast-forwarded and there was no audio in the cutscene or gameplay.

LostDonkey

Honestly this is pretty much the state of PC gaming right now. I see it quite often in performance threads.. people with 970s trying to ultra everything. Man's gotta know his limitations.

If I can't ultra this at 1080p/30fps it will literally be the first game I've tried that my 970ftw couldn't do it on.

Garibaldi

Is anyone else getting annoying light sources showing through scenery and when the camera is pointed at the lights it causes like a pulsing light effect. It's so jarring. Xbox version btw

EDIT: A full reboot has fixed it.

ElRenoRaven

Hmmmm now this was odd.

After act 1 I decided to eat something and watch Better call Saul and I didn't quit the game. But as soon as act 2 started weird things happened, the cutscene was like it was being fast-forwarded and there was no audio in the cutscene or gameplay.

Yea I did the same while replaying act one this morning and I had no audio. I had to restart at checkpoint and it fixed it

TheZink

I "loved" Alan Wake but am a little torn on this. Does it have a similar vibe? Im just not sure about a purchase with the shorter length.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This game is really something quite different, you come away from each act like you've watched 2-3 episodes of a TV series, it feels really good.

Combat is like a dance of death too, so much fun!

Anyone else getting some input lag when aiming? I turned off aim assistance and I feel like aiming precisely is a bit of an ordeal. Thankfully the combat powers make it so that I don't NEED to be so precise, but still.
Here's hoping my W10 code comes soon so I can just play at 60fps.
Is anyone else getting annoying light sources showing through scenery and when the camera is pointed at the lights it causes like a pulsing light effect. It's so jarring. Xbox version btw

EDIT: A full reboot has fixed it.
Yeah I had that happen when I returned from standby. Good to know Xbox's standby is still borked :\

FrsDvl

I "loved" Alan Wake but am a little torn on this. Does it have a similar vibe? Im just not sure about a purchase with the shorter length.

This definitely doesn't have that Alan Wake vibe, it's more a Max Payne vibe, if anything. It's a great game nonetheless though.

EvB

I haven't got the game yet. but if there's an ultra preset, then I guess that.

if there isn't then max settings for each value @1080p.

Why is there an expectation that you can run a state of the art 2016 game on a single 2014 card?

haikira

Just stuck the disc and started the update downloading.

How do you download the live action cutscenes, is the option in game, or somewhere on the console's store?

LostDonkey

Why is there an expectation that you can run a state of the art 2016 game on a single 2014 card?

Who said there is an expectation?

I said if it couldn't, it would be the first. That was in reply to someone saying it was funny people shooting for ultra with a 970.

Well I shoot for ultra with a 970 and hit it every time. (So far)

EvB

Who said there is an expectation?

I said if it couldn't, it would be the first. That was in reply to someone saying it was funny people shooting for ultra with a 970.

Well I shoot for ultra with a 970 and hit it every time. (So far)

You are right, I misunderstood your intent.

Man, I REALLY dislike the aiming/Shooting. It just doesn't feel right, like I can't properly aim anywhere I want (Like it's trudging through mud then quickly snapping into speed then mud again). Story seems fine? Idk, the first live action episode REALLY put me off of the game.

Ok just finished the game, it gets an 8/10 from me

Pros:
Graphics look great
Compelling Story
Characters are likeable and interesting
Gunplay w/ powers make each encounter fun
The Live Action show stuff was actually good

Cons:
Hard mode isn't even that hard
Upgrades are pretty much useless

Bsigg12

Absolutely ridiculous. Ideally codes should have been sent out ahead of time to preload, at minimum they should have been sent at the beginning of release day...

Technically, the Windows Store doesn't offer preloading or preordering of content. That should be coming with the Anniversary Update this summer when they unify all the stores.

It is annoying though.

Theorry

Ok just finished the game, it gets an 8/10 from me

Pros:
Graphics look great
Compelling Story
Characters are likeable and interesting
Gunplay w/ powers make each encounter fun
The Live Action show stuff was actually good

Cons:
Hard mode isn't even that hard
Upgrades are pretty much useless

Jup second that. Played on Normal tho but should have played on Hard from the beginning.

One thing I can agree with on Gamersyde 'downsides' from their review, there's a bit too much recoil on the assault rifle and SMG.

shandy706

Man, I REALLY dislike the aiming/Shooting. It just doesn't feel right, like I can't properly aim anywhere I want (Like it's trudging through mud then quickly snapping into speed then mud again). Story seems fine? Idk, the first live action episode REALLY put me off of the game.
I head shot my first encounter instantly, lol.

Exact opposite here. Gunplay feels like Remedy to me.

One thing I can agree with on Gamersyde 'downsides' from their review, there's a bit too much recoil on the assault rifle and SMG.

For a video game probably....compared to emptying a magazine in real life...probably not...LOL.

Hitting something after the first 4 rounds with a real assault rifle is tough.

30 fps isnt ultra

QB's PC port sounds pretty subpar however

"Ultra" has nothing to do with framerate ;)

It's not as bad for me as its for you, but I do agree with how you describe it. It's not input lag but it just isn't perfect by any means either. Can't deny I have troubles with this too.

I head shot my first encounter instantly, lol.

Exact opposite here. Gunplay feels like Remedy to me.

For a video game probably....compared to emptying a magazine in real life...probably not...LOL.

Hitting something after the first 4 rounds with a real assault rifle is tough.

Haha oh I do believe that about a real AR. :)

Technically, the Windows Store doesn't offer preloading or preordering of content. That should be coming with the Anniversary Update this summer when they unify all the stores.

It is annoying though.

That is even worse for a digital storefront lol. Glad its coming in an update but man, just seems so backwards.

TheZink

I had the same problem with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I don't know who to believe right now. Did they state that the PC code would be held when taking preorders? I didn't see anything like that when I grabbed the game from the Xbox store.

It says it can take 5 to 7 days for the PC codes to arrive after release.

Gestault

Picking up my hard copy on the way home from work. Pretty excited. I rushed through the tail-end of my Saints Row IV playthrough just to be ready.

Utterly tangential recommendation: Play Saints Row IV.

Top Bottom