• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

shandy706

Playing on a 4K tv via my xbox. Not sure if the tv is trying to up convert or something but it brings out the ghosting (I'm assuming it's that resolution trick) in the game so much. It's distracting. Doesn't help that the resolution is so low. Trying to see past it, but it's hard. Didn't notice this problem on Xbox tomb raider or ps4 games.

If you play the game as if any weird visual happening is part of the time egg hitting the fan...it sort of works out just fine...haha. How does one determine what is done on purpose or not in some scenes after all?

I've seen some freaky stuff in the first 2 acts. I don't even know if it's a glitch..and amazing effect...or my eyes messing with me.

This game is great, LOL

ViciousDS

Banned
If you play the game as if any weird visual happening is part of the time egg hitting the fan...it sort of works out just fine...haha. How does one determine what is done on purpose or not in some scenes after all?

I've seen some freaky stuff in the first 2 acts. I don't even know if it's a glitch..and amazing effect...or my eyes messing with me.

This game is great, LOL

You can watch certain characters when they move during normal time they have a ghosting effect around there arms and its definitely the technique in the game....its not too distracting on my monitor, but I can imagine when the TV upscales it, it could probably do some distracting things.

lcap

Man, this game really shows how important good gameplay design decisions are. Initially I thought the individual cooldown made way less sense rather than an unique bar for the time powers and thought the UI for them was quite distracting.

After playing, it just makes much more sense and funnier to strategize which powers to use one after another, rather than chickening out to cover just to refill the single cooldown.

It's been a long time I don't get this excited to finish my workday and play more today. The story is quite engaging and I'm having a lot of fun with the gameplay.

DSmalls84

Remedy delivers again. I really enjoyed Max Payne and Alan Wake and this is no different. Combat is a ton of fun when you start chaining your different powers together. The TV show segments also seem really well done and exceeded my expectations. I'm only in chapter 2 but so far this game is great.

You can watch certain characters when they move during normal time they have a ghosting effect around there arms and its definitely the technique in the game....its not too distracting on my monitor, but I can imagine when the TV upscales it, it could probably do some distracting things.

I actually notice the ghosting a lot. Off-putting somewhat, but I just theorize that it's Jack's past selves trailing behind him

because, you know, time powers.

EL OH EL

Gonna download Alan Wake soon, I never bothered with the DLC for some reason.

I'm really enjoying this, the vibe, the effects, use of colours.

Akai__

I'm really enjoying the game. Have been exploring lots of stuff and only just now finished with Act 2, but damn does it look and play good. I like all of the time powers except the Time Vision, which is really just an other Eagle Vision, Hunter Vision, etc. etc.

The first TV episode was also a good start and I actually can't wait to finish it all to see how different it will be on the 2nd playthrough.

---

I have a concern, though. This game has checkpoints prior to cutscenes. What were you thinking Remedy? Why would you ever do that to us?

SilentRob

quick question.....I just realized I've never melee someone after 2 acts lol.....is there a melee button? God I feel dumb asking this

Your shield ability works as a melee, B Button ;) Any eah, like the previous poster said, there's another one going to be unlocked soon.

I'm loving this game and surprisingly the show as well. They both have flaws but these are outweighed by everything they do right.

Amazing graphics and effects; outstanding score, licensed songs and over all sound design; terrific gunplay only heightened with how you want to use your powers and tackle encounters and an engaging story with both the actors in the game and in the show delivering quality performances and has me itching to see what happens next.

Just finished episode 3 of the show and I'm about dive into Act 4. Can see me replaying this quite a few times already.

Now off to work on Wake Returns, Remedy :)

Played a little bit yesterday night and got completely sucked in.

The production values and attention to detail in the story telling and characters are refreshingly high imo.

Freezing time and exploding it for the first time was cool too.

Hopefully I stay impressed till the end.

At the beginning of Act 2:

The Chronon piece in the building next to the gate you timestop can't be picked up for me. I grabbed the one on the scaffolding above the trains just fine, but the one inside the building doesn't give me a button prompt to pick up

Might restart the level seeing as it's still quite early

derFeef

The Chronon piece in the building next to the gate you timestop can't be picked up for me. I grabbed the one on the scaffolding above the trains just fine, but the one inside the building doesn't give me a button prompt to pick up

You need to go through the gate and get into the building from the top via the trains

edit: or are you actually having a bug?

shandy706

Oh, I know that specific thing is part of the way they designed the game and not part of the "time effects". Just saying that playing as if every visual thing is, made it more fun..haha.

I had a bug like this in the beginning of Chapter 3 in Act 2. Seems to be common for people.

Lima

The only thing I don't like about this game so far is the film grain. I really can't stand it and wish there was a way to toggle it off.

Nah. Just because I like this gif so much.

giphy.gif

psychotron

Yeah it was weird. Little Finger was talking to me and moving his hands, and it was ghosting like crazy. There's definitely some oddities in the game.

Gestault

So, I really gotta know...

121.3 GB. How long is this supposed to take?

That would totally depend on your internet. It seems like the servers starting on launch day were really fast. My 4gb patch was barely noticeable during the disc install.

I'm on basic internet (US) and the episode streaming has been totally ideal. If the wait seems too long, I'd say skip that 75gb+ of it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah it was weird. Little Finger was talking to me and moving his hands, and it was ghosting like crazy. There's definitely some oddities in the game.

yes, that was only thing that actually stood out.....besides zooming in and seeing assets pop in but.....other than those minor things I truly believe resolution plays a small part in the overall quality of the image it seems with some of the amazing techniques developers have learned to use in their games. It made me a believer in 720p again and if we get games like this in that resolution so be it.....I'll gladly play them!

Does replaying chapters keep your upgrades and can you just replay chapters on another difficulty to earn those "complete game on (whatever difficulty)" achievements ? Or do you have to start afresh?

zorbsie

Finished the game last night. Really enjoyed it. Combat was fun all the way through. I did have an issue with the final encounter. I wish there was a checkpoint in the middle of it. Am going through the game again now on hard. Picked hardline for the first junction. Hatch is fucking savage and I love it.

Finished the game last night. Really enjoyed it. Combat was fun all the way through. I did have an issue with the final encounter. I wish there was a checkpoint in the middle of it. Am going through the game again now on hard. Picked hardline for the first junction. Hatch is fucking savage and I love it.

Yeah, I'm excited to see all the outcomes from junction point stuff. A second play through will be great.

�� how's everyone liking the game? In picking mines up after class

Still quite early on (Act 2) but shit is starting to get good now I'm getting used to some of these powers. No regrets about buying it and I'm already intrigued about how much the game/tv show changes on my second playthrough.

jesu

Does replaying chapters keep your upgrades and can you just replay chapters on another difficulty to earn those "complete game on (whatever difficulty)" achievements ? Or do you have to start afresh?

Yeah you keep your upgrades.
The achievements stack so if you finish on Normal you'll the Easy achievements too.
I've been back to an act to get a Cronon piece I missed and had all my upgrades.
The upgrade point then went into my normal save.

ElRenoRaven

👀 how's everyone liking the game? In picking mines up after class

Loving it. Probably going to end up my GOTY unless something else comes along and surprises the shit out of me. I was lukewarm at best too before it came out. I just preordered on a whim after seeing gmaeplay videos from gamersyde days before. I'm glad I did without a doubt.

Chitown B

Love all the little Alan Wake easter eggs, there's even a guy playing the game in the Monarch research facility

Me too. I loved the AW video in the first area. I took screen shots of it but they failed to upload. I will have to check to see if they're still there so I can get them.

suikodan

Is it me or this game stutters a bit?

I started playing thinking of a "technical XBONE masterpiece" from Digital Foundry only to find places right in the beginning where the framerate would skip a bit.

Otherwise, can't wait to play more.

I am in act 2 part 3. Loving this game.

I only noticed it just now, but when I rotate the camera really fast I can see a double of Jack, as if it's ghosting, but not really a ghosting effect. I assume Remedy did this on purpose?

Also for some really weird reason the difficulty is on normal for this part of the act while everything else was on hard. Why?

Is it me or this game stutters a bit?

I started playing thinking of a "technical XBONE masterpiece" from Digital Foundry only to find places right in the beginning where the framerate would skip a bit.

Otherwise, can't wait to play more.

Cut scenes stutter for me, but the gameplay is smooth.

Top Bottom