• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

CCS

Banned
Shitposting? Me? I'm offended :p

Seriously though, if you think I've just been shitposting this game, I suggest you go back and read my posts. I've still posted more serious discussion than half the people I'm this game :)

franconp

Shitposting? Me? I'm offended :p

Seriously though, if you think I've just been shitposting this game, I suggest you go back and read my posts. I've still posted more serious discussion than half the people I'm this game :)

This game not yet. But both of you have already voted between yourselfs so I expect a lot of that further in the game.

Also don't take it to seriously both of you. I'm on mobile and didn't wanted to look the list of players and both your names were the first ones that I remembered with an history of shitposting.

acohrs

Oi, CCS old buddy, I'm starting to feel that we're as underappreciated here...

Got any rugby bants for me today?

CCS

Banned
Oi, CCS old buddy, I'm starting to feel that we're as underappreciated here...

Got any rugby bants for me today?

Scotland have named a pretty good six nations squad, Nel being injured is a massive blow though because all our other props are very young or very useless.

England look good, reckon they'll probably win it again.

I was refereeing at the weekend, good fun but it was so bloody freezing it felt like my hamd was frozen in place around my whistle :p

acohrs

Scotland have named a pretty good six nations squad, Nel being injured is a massive blow though because all our other props are very young or very useless.

England look good, reckon they'll probably win it again.

I was refereeing at the weekend, good fun but it was so bloody freezing it felt like my hamd was frozen in place around my whistle :p

Ay, it was just above freezing around these parts too. All 6N tix for Ireland vs England sold out make me a sad panda.

So, what are your thoughts on this mucker of a game so far? We've landed in a weird alright eh?

CCS

Banned
Ay, it was just above freezing around these parts too. All 6N tix for Ireland vs England sold out make me a sad panda.

So, what are your thoughts on this mucker of a game so far? We've landed in a weird alright eh?

That's a shame, I'm sure it would be a corker an all!

Aye, jolly queer situation we find ourselves in for sure. Cannae shake the feeling my legs being pulled somehow, but I'll be damned if I know how. This director mess smells bloody fishy if you ask me.

acohrs

My accent did a grand tour of the UK in three lines there :p

Never go full scouser CCS!

That's a shame, I'm sure it would be a corker an all!

Aye, jolly queer situation we find ourselves in for sure. Cannae shake the feeling my legs being pulled somehow, but I'll be damned if I know how. This director mess smells bloody fishy if you ask me.

It would have been, would have been the only one wearing white amongst a sea of green, oh well I will watch on telly.

Do you think Karkador is full of porky pies? Also what do you think Fran's account of Kark and Ouro being old messers together? Could be some pudding in that pie now, eh?

CCS

Banned
Never go full scouser CCS!

It would have been, would have been the only one wearing white amongst a sea of green, oh well I will watch on telly.

Do you think Karkador is full of porky pies? Also what do you think Fran's account of Kark and Ouro being old messers together? Could be some pudding in that pie now, eh?

I'm in bleeding Norway for the first game so I am, gonna miss my beloved Scotland the brave being overrun by leprechauns!

I dinnae know aboot Kark, he's a wrong un and no mistake but I cannae tell if he's lying or nawt! Kark and Ouro together I can believe, making mischief in the night like two devils in the golden moonlight. Oh what has the world come to?

acohrs

I'm in bleeding Norway for the first game so I am, gonna miss my beloved Scotland the brave being overrun by leprechauns!

I dinnae know aboot Kark, he's a wrong un and no mistake but I cannae tell if he's lying or nawt! Kark and Ouro together I can believe, making mischief in the night like two devils in the golden moonlight. Oh what has the world come to?

'Tis a shame, the locals here are strong this year and the shamrock will be hard to topple. May be a blessing in disguise that you miss such an onslaught.

They certainly are devils, thick as thieves those two! Though this does us no good in our current quest, which proper genteel like person should be sworn in as Director of the Free World? Saw has doth shown some leadershipness so far, wouldst thou be against her?

CCS

Banned
'Tis a shame, the locals here are strong this year and the shamrock will be hard to topple. May be a blessing in disguise that you miss such an onslaught.

They certainly are devils, thick as thieves those two! Though this does us no good in our current quest, which proper genteel like person should be sworn in as Director of the Free World? Saw has doth shown some leadershipness so far, wouldst thou be against her?

Once again I find myself in full agreement with you old chum, truly it is the saddest of circumstances.

Myself, much as I am fulfilled and verily overfloweth with joy at your high praise, yet surely I doth not wish to feel the rough scratching of the coarse noose around my neck, nor do I crave a vision of the Reaper himself looming over mine broken corpse. I must decline this most noble of offerings, my old comrade in arms.

acohrs

Once again I find myself in full agreement with you old chum, truly it is the saddest of circumstances.

Myself, much as I am fulfilled and verily overfloweth with joy at your high praise, yet surely I doth not wish to feel the rough scratching of the coarse noose around my neck, nor do I crave a vision of the Reaper himself looming over mine broken corpse. I must decline this most noble of offerings, my old comrade in arms.

You doubt Saw's intentions are pure and noble?

Karkador

Banned
lol that's not how any of this works

How is it supposed to work?

Whether you believe me or not, the Director role has the potential to swing the game, especially the longer it goes on.

Town giving it to anybody but me is gambling with a double-edged sword. Town Director will get converted. Town Director will be killed or lynched, which simply wastes another Town member.

If you guys want to get rid of this volatile, burdensome role (and it seems like the best option for Town to do so), I'm absolutely the least risky option.

Natiko

Banned

Whether you believe me or not, the Director role has the potential to swing the game, especially the longer it goes on.

Town giving it to anybody but me is gambling with a double-edged sword. Town Director will get converted. Town Director will be killed or lynched, which simply wastes another Town member.

If you guys want to get rid of this volatile, burdensome role (and it seems like the best option for Town to do so), I'm absolutely the least risky option.
You are absolutely not the least risky option. You are the most risky option. You have contradicted yourself multiple times. Whatever your play is here it is not in our best interest. I know for a fact you are not the safest option based on what you have stated thus far.

Karkador

Banned
Even if you don't believe I can be cured (and I still do believe), you must believe that I'm most certainly being lynched tomorrow.

As the lone Infected player at this stage of the game, the Director bonus doesn't help me dominate the vote at all, unless you guys really fracture your votes Day 2.

If Town risks a Town Director getting Infected a couple of days from now, they're fucked. It's way too much a gamble for Town to give this role to anybody but me.

Karkador

Banned
You are absolutely not the least risky option. You are the most risky option. You have contradicted yourself multiple times. Whatever your play is here it is not in our best interest. I know for a fact you are not the safest option based on what you have stated thus far.

You're really not thinking about this at all. There is 0 risk in giving me this role. Tomorrow, I will be lynched, and the danger of this role will be gone. You cannot say the same for any other player here.

Swamped

Banned
Kark, any answer to this?

KARKADOR: since you have already shared a lot of role info with us, what is your win condition?

Anyway, I don't think I need to say how risky giving the director position to Kark is. If he turns into full level 2 araxoid tomorrow that's giving scum 3 more votes (and we don't know how many full scum are currently present, although it's probably low since we are at a reading of 1). We also don't know how many town deaths will occur today. So it's very risky to potentially give scum 3 extra votes.

I could get behind Saw as director too, although I think she said she was reluctant to do it.

franconp

We can't be sure of that if you are saying the truth and the infection are random.

An idea would be to set some internal rules to the Director to avoid him to go against town best interests. Like he can cause a tie or break it, he can't change his votes around deadline or something like that. Or just he can't vote at all and there would be no problem. If he go against it we lynch him and we are done.

Karkador

Banned
We can't be sure of that if you are saying the truth and the infection are random.

If the infections aren't random, the Director is fucked anyway, even MORE of a reason to give it to the #1 lynch candidate for tomorrow.

An idea would be to set some internal rules to the Director to avoid him to go against town best interests. Like he can cause a tie or break it, he can't change his votes around deadline or something like that. Or just he can't vote at all and there would be no problem. If he go against it we lynch him and we are done.

It's not a bad idea, I'm willing to follow rules and be held accountable, but I can't say the same for others

Natiko

Banned
You're really not thinking about this at all. There is 0 risk in giving me this role. Tomorrow, I will be lynched, and the danger of this role will be gone. You cannot say the same for any other player here.
Except we have no clue what your role is or what you're playing at. I can most definitely state that I am a less risky choice based purely on what I know. With you the power 100% ends up in the hands of Infected. You've already been caught contradicting yourself multiple times. Clearly you are not being honest.

Faddy

Banned
I don't have a good feeling about any of this. If being director has caused so much disruption then the role could be more important than we know. In that case town has to get it.

I'm against giving it to someone that wants it because as It does seem like a poisoned chalice so because I read him as town and he just took his name out of the running I think make it Natiko's cross to bear.

VOTE: Natiko

CCS

Banned

Not a bad idea. I'd support a rule saying director can't vote except to break ties or something.

franconp

If the infections aren't random, the Director is fucked anyway, even MORE of a reason to give it to the #1 lynch candidate for tomorrow.

It's not a bad idea, I'm willing to follow rules and be held accountable, but I can't say the same for others

Well, I didn't thought the rules thing with you in mind. You are completly out of the run to be elected Director, rules or not.

acohrs

raw

Karkador

Banned
Except we have no clue what your role is or what you're playing at. I can most definitely state that I am a less risky choice based purely on what I know. With you the power 100% ends up in the hands of Infected. You've already been caught contradicting yourself multiple times. Clearly you are not being honest.

Yes, but it ends up with Infected early in the game, when it's less dangerous in Infected's hands, and Town can easily lynch to get rid of the power.

I'm pleading with you now, as ridiculous as this is - Town is going to lose when this ends up in Infected's hands later on.

Throw the ring into the fire

Natiko

Banned
Yes, but it ends up with Infected early in the game, when it's less dangerous in Infected's hands, and Town can easily lynch to get rid of the power.

I'm pleading with you now, as ridiculous as this is - Town is going to lose when this ends up in Infected's hands later on.

Your argument is literally "you don't want it in Infected's hands so give it to Infected" lol Not happening. I already gave up on what I know to likely be one of our best options but I'll be damned if we instead go with one of our worst.

acohrs

ae43c61b4d320029fcc0734784a04cf5.jpg

Karkador

Banned
Your argument is literally "you don't want it in Infected's hands so give it to Infected" lol Not happening. I already gave up on what I know to likely be one of our best options but I'll be damned if we instead go with one of our worst.

No, it's "give it to an Infected now, so you don't give it to an Infected later". It's safe with an Infected now. Even safer is that you'll likely get rid of me tomorrow.

What's not safe is a barrel of infected on Day 3 with the Director in their hands. That's game over.

Listen, I know this all sounds very counter-intuitive, but you gotta understand that the virus is the enemy, and the virus has a life of its own. I'm simply a victim of it, who is trying to escape.

acohrs

Hey Nat, I think you and I are on the same page in regards to Kark. Would thou'est be intrigued merrily in joining our campaign to maketh Saw the Queen Director of all yonder?

Natiko

Banned
Hey Nat, I think you and I are on the same page in regards to Kark. Would thou'est be intrigued merrily in joining our campaign to maketh Saw the Queen Director of all yonder?
I'm not opposed, but I'll wait to see their thoughts more and how things unfold.

acohrs

Exactly.

And while I've been in full shitposting-with-a-side-of-serious mode, if I'm being fully honest I do not want to be Director. It sounds fun but I don't trust my reads well enough for that kinda of power yet at the same time I trust the rest of you even less so I would feel better if I received it until I get a better read on people.

Also considering the possible infection mechanic whoever becomes Director is also being a target so when deciding on who to vote I need to weigh that as well. Like Ouro, he's a good Town player and could probably use the 3-vote power well but if he became Director he will likely be killed/infected very early. Therefore I'd rather want to give Director to someone else I sort-of trust to make good choices but also not to the person I want to keep around as a strong Town force.

1st person to declare herself not interested in Director makes her the best candidate, especially as she ruled it out before it was being discussed negatively.

TheExodu5

Banned
Still catching up....You guys are really active so I have a long way to go.

So we assume there is a single level 1 scum right now. That scum is violent and not human like at the moment.

Has anyone not posted whatsoever? It might make sense that a level 1 scum can't post. Or maybe they can't vote.

The question is what can they do tonight? Can they simply kill? That would make sense. Once they reach level 2 they can infect/recruit.

I would suggest we watch out for anyone that doesn't post or doesn't vote day 1. As a precautionary measure, I suggest that we make it mandatory for everyone to vote day 1.

acohrs

So we assume there is a single level 1 scum right now. That scum is violent and not human like at the moment.

Has anyone not posted whatsoever? It might make sense that a level 1 scum can't post. Or maybe they can't vote.

The question is what can they do tonight? Can they simply kill? That would make sense. Once they reach level 2 they can infect/recruit.

I would suggest we watch out for anyone that doesn't post or doesn't vote day 1. As a precautionary measure, I suggest that we make it mandatory for everyone to vote day 1.

Kark seems to be trying to defect and throw shade on his nonexistent infected scum team, unknowingly he will recruit randomly tonight and that randomer will do the kill for the infected. It is unclear whether once killed, the victim becomes an infected though.

Confused yet? Good, the official slogan of this game is of course Prepare to Confused Edition

Natiko

Banned

Lone_Prodigy is the only person to not post D1 I believe.

Exactly.

And while I've been in full shitposting-with-a-side-of-serious mode, if I'm being fully honest I do not want to be Director. It sounds fun but I don't trust my reads well enough for that kinda of power yet at the same time I trust the rest of you even less so I would feel better if I received it until I get a better read on people.

Also considering the possible infection mechanic whoever becomes Director is also being a target so when deciding on who to vote I need to weigh that as well. Like Ouro, he's a good Town player and could probably use the 3-vote power well but if he became Director he will likely be killed/infected very early. Therefore I'd rather want to give Director to someone else I sort-of trust to make good choices but also not to the person I want to keep around as a strong Town force.

I agree with acohrs, that this post makes you a good candidate.

Then again though I'm not sure I trust acohrs and CCS...

By your "I trust this person so I think they are good for the director" (your director proposal) it comes down to you and karkador.

Natiko

Banned
No thoughts on me voting for you as director?
I've already stated I think I'm the safest choice, but given the response it seems clear that's unlikely to happen. I'm still open to receiving it but I'm not going to keep pushing when the rest aren't considering what I've said.

Faddy

Banned
I've already stated I think I'm the safest choice, but given the response it seems clear that's unlikely to happen. I'm still open to receiving it but I'm not going to keep pushing when the rest aren't considering what I've said.

My view is that they are a minority of agitators, there are plenty of voters waiting out there. I'm confused (and I don't think it is because it is my first game) and I guess others will be as well.

I'm leaving my vote on you because I feel you are the safest bet and it gives other unsure players a marker for where to vote director if they don't feel they can trust anyone.

acohrs

My view is that they are a minority of agitators, there are plenty of voters waiting out there. I'm confused (and I don't think it is because it is my first game) and I guess others will be as well.

I'm leaving my vote on you because I feel you are the safest bet and it gives other unsure players a marker for where to vote director if they don't feel they can trust anyone.

Faddy, what do you think of the current state of affairs?

Do you also think that Verne Cotter will lead the men in tartan to not last place at this year's 6N?

Top Bottom