• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racings games with good AI/single player on PS4?

abbyabs

Im looking for racing game with a good focus on single player it can have challenges or have some what competent AI to race against. I have tried GT Sport which looks greats and feels amazing to drive but the single player is boring once you have done all the challenges.

I currently own Wipeout & drive club which i enjoy I did try project cars 2 a while ago but found playing it on controller wasn't a great experience has it improved?

So of my past favorites are MSR, Project Gotham street racing , Gran turismo, burnout 1-3, Toca race drive, Colin mcrae rally.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Gran Turismo Sport.

It have one of the best single player content in a racing game... teach everything you need to know to race better and better.

It is just perfection.

The AI is average... on pair with most racing games... better than Drivatar’s AI.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Burnout Paradise Remastered is a remaster of one of the best driving games ever. If you liked the old ones, you'll love this!

abbyabs

Gran Turismo Sport.

It have one of the best single player content in a racing game... teach everything you need to know to race better and better.

It is just perfection.

The AI is average... on pair with most racing games... better than Drivatar’s AI.

Not sure about that once i completed the challanges which was great the actuall racing was boring, no qualifying always rolling start and the AI seems to slow down on the last few laps.

abbyabs

Burnout Paradise Remastered is a remaster of one of the best driving games ever. If you liked the old ones, you'll love this!

Didn't like paradise as much as the others it felt like they made it easier wider roads and less traffic.

You won't see AI drivers* but if you liked Colin McRae you'll love DiRT Rally (and its successor next month). The opponents provide some really tough times to beat.

(*except for Rally Cross, but that's not much fun)

abbyabs

You won't see AI drivers* but if you liked Colin McRae you'll love DiRT Rally (and its successor next month). The opponents provide some really tough times to beat.

(*except for Rally Cross, but that's not much fun)

Forgot about that game thanks I don't mind if thiers not AI as long as theirs a challenge to it

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Didn't like paradise as much as the others it felt like they made it easier wider roads and less traffic.

How far in did you get? It starts easy and as you get better licences the AI gets better.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Personally the biggest reason I loved MotorStorm Apocalypse, it was less about out smarting the AI and more about surviving the tracks. God, I just missed that game sooo much, we need remaster of it ASAP.

ethomaz

Banned
Not sure about that once i completed the challanges which was great the actuall racing was boring, no qualifying always rolling start and the AI seems to slow down on the last few laps.
Did you tried the endurances? I found some pretty challenging like the Nürburgring.

I loved the GTS SP for me it was a big step up from the boring SP found in previous games but I see people thinking the opposite so there is the GT League but I never touched it so I'm not sure if it is what you want.

From the ones you said in OP there is no so much more.

We are scarce of racing games.

If you really wants challenge then you will need to play against real life player... try a bit of GT Sport mode to see how it turns.

Last edited:

DonF

I know its super old, but one of my favorite racing games on the ps4 is Need for Speed Rivals. Cool thing is that since its an old game, you can get it for cheap, its $20 digital. No need to get the complete edition. There are also some free dlc cars that kick ass. I love the sense of speed in that game and the length and challenges are entertaining. I highly recommend it. One of the low points is that its 30 fps, but its fluid.

abbyabs

How far in did you get? It starts easy and as you get better licences the AI gets better.

Did you tried the endurances? I found some pretty challenging like the Nürburgring.

I loved the GTS SP for me it was a big step up from the boring SP found in previous games but I see people thinking the opposite so there is the GT League but I never touched it so I'm not sure if it is what you want.

From the ones you said in OP there is no so much more.

We are scarce of racing games.

If you really wants challenge then you will need to play against real life player... try a bit of GT Sport mode to see how it turns.

I got all the licenses i did most of the rces in the beginner and amateur cups a few in the next one, i guess i was wrong to assume the AI wouldn't change ? Im no pro just found the races not that rewarding.

I did play online and enjoyed it at first but it takes to long the timed race slots and tracks/car selection put me off, should i got back and give GT sport another go and just straight into the last professional and endurance?

abbyabs

Personally the biggest reason I loved MotorStorm Apocalypse, it was less about out smarting the AI and more about surviving the tracks. God, I just missed that game sooo much, we need remaster of it ASAP.

I Loved the motorstorm series was hyped for on rush and man that was let down compaired to Motorstorm :(

Fox Mulder

I really enjoy the F1 games for the great career mode that keeps you going for multiple seasons. The race strategies, regulations, and development of your car are deeper than a career in Forza or GT . The AI is better than most games and they'll fight you well enough.

You'll probably have to be a f1 fan or interested to get the most out of it though.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Redout-752x430.jpg

thelastword

Banned
Well since you already have DC, which is the best for singleplayer this gen (challenges and all as you asked)......There's Wipeout, Dirt, Redout, (which has the best framerate on PS4), Onrush is pretty fun and there's Burnout Paradise....There are also many decent Bike games too...(TT Isle of Man, Ride etc..)........

Fox Mulder

Well since you already have DC, which is the best for singleplayer this gen (challenges and all as you asked)......There's Wipeout, Dirt, Redout, (which has the best framerate on PS4), Onrush is pretty fun and there's Burnout Paradise....There are also many decent Bike games too...(TT Isle of Man, Ride etc..)........

I loved the challenges in Driveclub. Getting the platinums in both the game and Bikes expansion was the best solo racing campaign I've done this gen.

A shame Sony killed them and no one else bothers to do that kind of content. You don't even have to win in Forza Horizon now.

zenspider

Don't know if they're still like this, but the Codemasters Colin McRae games (Dirt Rally now?) are amazing single-player games. The sport itself is time-trial, not position, so it lends itself really way to single player racing.

Racing AI is still one of the dumbest genres around. Give GTS sport mode a shot, the matchmaking is pretty good, you'll have fun races even from the beginning.

Cattlyst

I would recommend the arcade rally title GRAVEL. The AI isn't really up to much and the 'boss' races are a little annoying, but the single player campaign is very good with lots of variety in the race types.

Top Bottom