• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun Out Now on Steam!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Classic Treasure Sega Saturn/arcade shmup action and precursor to Ikaruga finally in English on (more) modern platforms.
60 fps footage on Steam, unlike these PV. It's not a film contrary to the description (but does have a cool anime story) :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I got it on Switch (and the XBLA version, which is BC), which seems probably good enough until this goes on sale. Love this game though.

I wish we could get the other XBLA titles out of limbo. Guardian Heroes is BC at least but Bangai-O Missile Fury needs a re-release. Emulatable at least.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Didn't this already get an HD remaster on PC......or was that on Xbox?
I could have sworn I already replayed this.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
no mesh transparencies .. no buy...

:messenger_winking:
There are 2 low res modes (one super crisp the other blurry, nothing really great like crt shaders elsewhere tbh), a high res mode (it doesn't only affect the polygonal rendering but the sprites also seem to be redone, maybe AI upscaled?) and a separate mesh or alpha transparency option. Also a classic or modern window ratio, naturally neither fully filling a wide screen, the anime cut scene(s) for some reason only fill the modern ratio and kinda look superimposed if you choose the classic. Also a modern or classic hud option, the modern takes score and things outside the game window.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There are 2 low res modes (one super crisp the other blurry, nothing really great like crt shaders elsewhere tbh), a high res mode (it doesn't only affect the polygonal rendering but the sprites also seem to be redone, maybe AI upscaled?) and a separate mesh or alpha transparency option. Also a classic or modern window ratio, naturally neither fully filling a wide screen, the anime cut scene(s) for some reason only fill the modern ratio and kinda look superimposed if you choose the classic. Also a modern or classic hud option, the modern takes score and things outside the game window.

yeah i was looking at the steam page pics and its weirdly blurry as hell.

steam vs saturn

Adl79GR.png

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
Oh, I just love how, when I use PayPal on Steam, it goes straight to my credit card.

Screw you, Steam.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Holy shit out of nowhere for me. I tried to play this on my Switch Lite but was fighting the controls. Game is brutally hard compared to Ikaruga for me. Ikaruga is in my top 10 games ever made.

Always wanted to run through this. Going to cop it tomorrow and spend some time with it.

Krathoon

Gold Member
In this day an age, you can run the damn thing in an emulator.

The only real benefit is that it is legal and translated.

Sorcerer

Just curios if anybody knows, it says the developer is Live Wire along with Treasure. I am guessing Treasure is named because it's their game. No way they worked/helped with port I assume?
Wondering because I thought Treasure was pretty much dead, and if they did lend a hand here, I would be excited for them to be making games again.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Just curios if anybody knows, it says the developer is Live Wire along with Treasure. I am guessing Treasure is named because it's their game. No way they worked/helped with port I assume?
Wondering because I thought Treasure was pretty much dead, and if they did lend a hand here, I would be excited for them to be making games again.
I don't think Treasure as a dev even exists. Maybe a few people who work with other studios on projects like this as producer but that's about it.

Naked Lunch

From news in 2022 or so, Treasure was said to be working on a new game - really their first since 2014 or so.

"Treasure says it’s working on a ‘highly requested’ game as it celebrates 30 years..."

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is this running well on MiSTer yet? The switch version is good enough, but I’ve really been wanting to play it on CRT.

Sorcerer

From news in 2022 or so, Treasure was said to be working on a new game - really their first since 2014 or so.

"Treasure says it’s working on a ‘highly requested’ game as it celebrates 30 years..."

Awesome if this is really happening. I guess that's it is possible the port was at least supervised by members of Treasure after all.

Bulletzen72

How is the port? Is there a change to graphic settings and resolution compared to the Switch port? I played the Switch port and there was substantial input lag, and I quickly dropped it.

Naked Lunch

How is the port? Is there a change to graphic settings and resolution compared to the Switch port? I played the Switch port and there was substantial input lag, and I quickly dropped it.
I dont have it yet , but word is that the input lag on the PC version is pretty dire because it forces V-sync on with no way of turning it off in the in-game menu. Of course there are other ways to override video settings on PC...

PC version is locked at 720p like the 360 port as well. This is a bit strange because the PC port of Ikaruga let you change resolutions.

It looks like theres some framerate issues (bug?) with AMD cards.

No direct comparisons to the 360 port yet but the 360 port had less input lag than the switch port - so the 360 vs PC port needs tested.

Basically, nice to have - but if you have the means, the Saturn port is the way to go.

Top Bottom