• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rage PC perfomance thread

Liamario

Banned
Can anyone explain to me why I can't access the sewers dlc?
It's not accessible in game, nor is it available to purchase on the store.

I'm curious, at the end of the day what are the recomended tweaks for ATI users?

After all this time wanted to know if the issues were resolved somewhat.
I'd love to know this too. I booted this up the other day and I get a lot of micro-stuttering. If I try to run RadeonPro the game will flat out stop every few seconds and sometimes crash.

At one point shortly after the first patch I had this game running smooth, but now I have no idea what to tweak. Most of the info out there is from the early days where options like large textures didn't exist in-game.

Anybody know of any good tweak guides that take into account the latest patches? For ATI users?

KKRT00

Is there a command to unlock fps cap? I cant play with v-sync on, the mouse input lag is too big and 'm_smooth 0' does not save in in-game console and there is no command like m_rawinput 1.
Tearing in 60fps is so bad in this game that i cant stand it.

This game is such a mess technically, i cant believe its made by id. For fuck sake, there is no even cursor option in menu!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a command to unlock fps cap? I cant play with v-sync on, the mouse input lag is too big and 'm_smooth 0' does not save in in-game console and there is no command like m_rawinput 1.

This game is such a mess technically, i cant believe its made by id. For fuck sake, there is no even cursor option in menu!

com_synctotime -1 works (or at least it did pre-patch), but anything above 60fps causes the internal game speed to increase, so at 120fps for example everything will be sped up by a factor of two.

KKRT00

com_synctotime -1 works (or at least it did pre-patch), but anything above 60fps causes the internal game speed to increase, so at 120fps for example everything will be sped up by a factor of two.

God dammit and i laughed lately at Ghost devs.

riflen

Is there a way to get rid of the texture pop-up?

I don't notice any in normal play. I can deliberately induce it in some areas by turning 180 degrees extremely quickly and looking closely. Does your GPU support the transcoding feature and how much vram do you have? It was definitely more noticeable with my previous GPU that had 1.25GB vram.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Sadly there's not really anything you can do about it if you've exhausted the following:

Edit: For reference, to combat texture pop-in, update to the latest drivers if need be, see the portion of [the OP of this very thread] labelled "Blurry Textures and Texture Popping" and ensure you're not forcing AA/AF via your driver control panel. Nvidia GPU users can also use vt_useCudaTranscode 2 to maximise CUDA core utilisation when transcoding textures. (Whether or not any of this helps is for fate to decide.)

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't notice any in normal play. I can deliberately induce it in some areas by turning 180 degrees extremely quickly and looking closely. Does your GPU support the transcoding feature and how much vram do you have? It was definitely more noticeable with my previous GPU that had 1.25GB vram.

I believe it does, is a GTX 770 4GB,

I_D

I tried for about a year to fix the pop-in, but there's simply no way to fix it entirely.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156408
The directions in this link are your best bet, but that only kinda-sorta fixes the issue.

Also be sure to right-click your RAGE shortcut and add the following (without quotes):
"cvaradd g_fov 12 com_allowconsole 1 com_skipIntroVideo 1 image_anisotropy 16 image_usecompression 0 g_showplayershadow 1 m_smooth 0"

Again, this isn't a perfect fix, but it's the best I've seen.

Tizoc

Pardon the bump but anyone got any NVidia Inspector settings that I can use to improve the visuals?
I have a GTX 970M and reading up on all the available tweaking has gotten me confused on which one to apply :S

Top Bottom