• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raised by Wolves. HBO Max. Ridley Scott

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I have that in blu-ray. It’s a terribly bad movie. I wouldn’t mind if I lost it. Good image quality though!
It's not terrible, it's just terrible for Ridley Scott, especially within the franchise he created. If McG had put it out we would all be saying how McG was upping his game.

mortal

Gold Member
He's an executive producer on this. They're using the draw of his name to promote the series.

Was hoping he would be writing or directing.

Last edited:

frostyxc

I liked Prometheus. Not as an Alien movie but as its own thing I thought it was great.
You could show me a video of Noomi Rapace spitting on a disabled kid trying to run a lemonade stand, and I'd go, "Aww, she's so adorable!"

I like Prometheus. It's not the best movie ever, but it's enjoyable enough. With that said, Ridley Scott has been off his game for years, so it's probably a good thing he's just lending his name to this show. The synopsis sounds interesting, so hopefully it turns out to be worth the watch.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Ridley Scott has been off his game for years, so it's probably a good thing he's just lending his name to this show. The synopsis sounds interesting, so hopefully it turns out to be worth the watch.

Oof... that makes me personally far less interested in checking this out.

If he's not that involved, it just becomes a bunch of people trying to approximate him, which seems like a waste of time. He's such an interesting combination of things which should (and sometimes do) clash, and I think because of that even his worst movies are worth the watch.

I'm interested due to Ridley Scott but he's only directing two episodes. I assume one of those will be the first episode so I'll at least check that one out.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Huh, that trailer seemed like it gave away A LOT. Androids abscond with kids. Humans pursue. Male presenting android wants to capitulate/negotiate, female presenting android then proceeds to demonstrate why androids are not allowed to raise children because they are amoral homicidal maniacs when they don't get their way.

I think the females name is Kamala :p

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So I just watched the first episode. Intense is how I would describe it. Pleasantly surprised to see Ridley Scott directing the first episode at least. Gorgeous cinematography and great acting by the cast. EviLore EviLore have you seen it yet?

I see Ridley still has his ample supply of white android goo on tap.

First episode was quite engrossing, I am very interested in where this show goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom