• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ranking Best DC/Marvel Universe Animated Films - Voting Thread Ends May 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I checked out of the DC animated movies after DKR because I wasn't really enjoying most of them (and liked their DKR adaptation so much that it felt like a high note to go out on) but I guess I should check out Flashpoint Paradox, huh? Also looking forward to The Killing Joke, whenever that comes out.

If you like The Flash, it's a must watch. And one of the better new films.

1. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
3. All-Star Superman
4. Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
5. Justice League: The New Frontier

Regginator

1. justice league: the flashpoint paradox
2. batman: under the red hood
3. batman: the dark knight returns (both parts)
4. justice league: crisis on two earths

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I had to change my list. Everyone and their mother is quoting that Dark Knight Returns fight scene gif in the Batman vs Superman R rated theatrical release thread, so I went back and watched it. It does the source material justice.

Dahbomb

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman: Under the Red Hood
3. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
4. Justice League aka Batman and Flash: Flashpoint Paradox
5. Batman: Year One

Honorable Mention: Batman Superman: World's Finest

Batman has this super duper free.

Parch

1. JL Flashpoint Paradox
2. Batman Dark Knight Returns
3. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
4. Batman Assault on Arkham
5. Superman vs Elite

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker
3. Batman - Under the Red Hood
4. Batman: Year One
5. Batman: Dark Knight Returns

Honorable mention - Batman/Superman - Public Enemies

Penguin

Final Day and my Top 5

1. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
2. Wonder Woman
3. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
4. Batman Under the Red Hood
5. Superman vs The Elite

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
1. All-Star Superman
2. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
3: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns part II
4. Superman vs The Elite
5. Superman/Batman Apocalypse

Until I wrote this up I never realized that I loved more of the superman films than the batman ones.

Marvel hasn't even made a top 10 animated film yet, and I say that as a Marvel Fanboy

I'll just say that I'm a Marvel man, but DC has the animated movies where Marvel has the live action.

I've seen a decent selection of the movies listed in the OP, but the only 2 I could recommend from Marvel were Hulk vs Wolverine, and Planet Hulk. almost everything wasn't worth the time to watch. Most of what I've seen from DC has been far more entertaining than the majority of Marvel's animated output.

I don't have a list to put together, but I imagine it would be filled with mostly DCAU movies, and Planet Hulk would make my Top 10 in there somewhere. Hulk vs too, if I can rate it for only the 2nd half of the 2part movie.

Oh man...Batman pretty much owns this...

1. Mask of Phantasm
2. Return of The Joker
3. Under The Red Hood
4. Justice League: Doom
5. Wonder Woman

Grizzlyjin

I'm guessing Mask of Phantasm won. And probably Dark Knight Returns second. I'm interested in what 3,4, and 5 are though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
1. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Director's Cut
2. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
3. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
4. Batman: Under the Red Hood
5. Wonder Woman

Sadly Marvel's animated films are all pretty awful.

EDIT: Oh this is an old bump. Alrighty then.

Am I the only one irked by Mask of the Phantasm being labeled DC Direct To Video? It had a theatrical release!

Yeah but that wasn't the original plan for the film and it suffered because of the decision. So like I always think of it as direct to video because that's where its success lied. Plus all the other Timmverse Batman stuff was like that too.

Grizzlyjin

Wait, was this an old bump? Lol... sorry

Nah, I say keep posting the lists. Results didn't get tabulated and it's more interesting to see other people's lists. I actually started going back and rewatching some movies because of this thread.

Blader

I was actually reading this thread last night and noticed that no one has actually counted the results yet, so I went ahead and did that myself. Don't really feel like putting together a big results post/thread for it though, so if anyone is up for that, I can PM you the final tallies once I get home.

I was actually reading this thread last night and noticed that no one has actually counted the results yet, so I went ahead and did that myself. Don't really feel like putting together a big results post/thread for it though, so if anyone is up for that, I can PM you the final tallies once I get home.

Bump. Ill take a pm of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom