• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapper formerly known as Kanye West named main suspect in Los Angeles battery investigation

Jose92

[Membe

The rapper formerly known as Kanye West is the main suspect in a battery investigation, Los Angeles police confirmed to CBS News on Thursday. The investigation stems from an incident that happened in downtown Los Angeles early Thursday morning, police told CBS Los Angeles.
Awkward Kanye GIF
rap kanye GIF

DonJorginho

Banned
There's videos out there of a couple recording him from behind a wall gloating about "he's gonna fall for it".

These people weren't innocent fans asking for autographs and were a group of I suspect con artists who knew how to rile him up (apparently they screamed vile terms at him and made statements about his recent divorce).

The media will paint Kanye to be the bad guy as it sells but I thought it would be important to post the truth.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

There's videos out there of a couple recording him from behind a wall gloating about "he's gonna fall for it".

These people weren't innocent fans asking for autographs and were a group of I suspect con artists who knew how to rile him up (apparently they screamed vile terms at him and made statements about his recent divorce).

The media will paint Kanye to be the bad guy as it sells but I thought it would be important to post the truth.

Makes more sense.

Maybe we should arrest those assholes instead.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Battery investigation?? Was he searching for a bigger powerbank for his laptop??
9tpjpz2hd2s31.jpg

Test-facility-for-the-investigation-of-battery-thermal-and-electrical-performance-a.png

I also had to search for the meaning of battery :messenger_sad_relieved:
I’m getting extra-strong classic Resident Evil vibes from this image.

As for Kanye… congrats, or sorry for your loss, I guess.
The guy never managed to catch my attention beyond his immense meme potential.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Why is he 'formerly known as Kanye West'? Why do 'rappers' do this crap? Is it because they ruined their name by doing stupid shit for years and want a fresh start? Remember Snoop Lion? Geeez!

Kilau

Yeah that looks like a total setup, bullshit. Man should have security with him.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Yep, a setup.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Why is he 'formerly known as Kanye West'? Why do 'rappers' do this crap? Is it because they ruined their name by doing stupid shit for years and want a fresh start? Remember Snoop Lion? Geeez!

It's got nothing to do with being a rapper or having a reputation and everything to do with ego.

prince-prince-performing-on-stage---purple-rain-tour-photo-by-richard-e-aaronredferns2.jpg

zeorhymer

At first I didn't understand why the headline said "formerly." Then I remembered that he changed it to "Ye" or something. In any case, he's got money and lawyers and hopefully will crush those peons.

It's got nothing to do with being a rapper or having a reputation and everything to do with ego.

prince-prince-performing-on-stage---purple-rain-tour-photo-by-richard-e-aaronredferns2.jpg

Oh geez. I forgot about that whole deal.

I thought he changed his name due to some dispute over the rights to his catalog or something.

Prince's BIRTH name is Prince Rogers Nelson. When he moved from one record company to another, his original record company told him he couldn't use his own name and continue to make music. In response, he changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol, which forced everyone to either keep calling him Prince or refer to him as "the artist formerly known as prince."

It was honestly a smart move designed to fight a BS situation.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Prince's BIRTH name is Prince Rogers Nelson. When he moved from one record company to another, his original record company told him he couldn't use his own name and continue to make music. In response, he changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol, which forced everyone to either keep calling him Prince or refer to him as "the artist formerly known as prince."

It was honestly a smart move designed to fight a BS situation.
Ah. Genius!!

Your nose must be cleaner than a whistle if you ever even entertained the thoughts of "certain people".

You can sell drugs to school children, and be a media darling if you support the "correct beliefs".

Top Bottom