• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vandals spraypaint "Nigger" on gate of Lebron James' LA home

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lebron-james-la-home-n-word-spray-painted-front-gate-article-1.3209676
LeBron James’ $21 million Los Angeles home was attacked by vandals who spray-painted the N-word on his front gate on the eve of the NBA Finals.

Detectives are investigating the incident as a possible hate crime.

Cops responded to a vandalism call at 6:44 local time at the basketball superstar’s Brentwood home, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The 9,440-square-foot home is not James’ primary residence, and he was not there at the time.

“Oh, it’s a hate crime. It’s a person who has a problem with him, obviously, ” a source at LAPD’s West LA division told The News, confirming it was the N-word. “It’s an active case right now and detectives are there, going over the scene, looking for any video.”

Investigators are hoping security footage from James’ neighbors could help identify the unknown culprits. No suspects have been identified.
( lock if old)

Was it economic anxiety? Or merely a "cultural misunderstanding?.... questions that need answering.

Gotta hear both sides! The vandals are probably laid off coal workers under severe economic distress. We need a big tent, etc etc

LBJ going off for 60.

On a serious note people don't care who you are and how much of a well respected person you are, you will always be a nigger to them

Surfinn

CNN said they're reviewing security tapes. Hope they get a plate or something at least and they're caught.

Sigh

It probably means something different from where they're from, like a term of respect....

They probably didn't even know it was racist. Let's not judge.

Or it was probably just from their favorite rap song... so whose fault is it really..

But seriously fucking racists

Man, almost as if being black, rich, and upstanding citizen doesn't really remove racism from the equation like America loves telling black folks.

Whoever did this is probably only like 40, still basically a kid!

Derwind

It probably means something different from where they're from, like a term of respect....

They probably didn't even know it was racist. Let's not judge.

Lets educate them on a word that they invested time, money and potential reprecussions from an act of property damage to convey.

Clearly just a cultural misunderstanding.

We'll see how this affects him tomorrow

my guess is this isn't the worst he's been called, but man if someone wrote that on my house, I'd be shook

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Like, not to hijack the thread - but this is obvious racism. 100% full stop. I don't understand what you mean by this? I think it's a U.S. election meme I might have missed because I've seen it a lot.
Yes Economic Anxiety is US election meme and the other is more a GAF meme

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Like, not to hijack the thread - but this is obvious racism. 100% full stop. I don't understand what you mean by this? I think it's a U.S. election meme I might have missed because I've seen it a lot.

We don't know yet. It's a possible hate crime. Maybe nigger means "I think you are overrated" in some obscure language.

besada

Banned
Let's have a sharp reduction on sarcastic shit posting. Everyone's already heard the one about economic anxiety about four thousand times. If you don't have anything useful to add, it's okay not to post.

Ronin Ray

The most hated athlete for really never doing anything besides being petty at times. The hate surrounding this guy is more then so many piece of shit athletes, its mind boggling.

I couldn't picture what James would go through if he did what Peyton perfect image everybody loves Manning did in collage.

Top Bottom