• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vandals spraypaint "Nigger" on gate of Lebron James' LA home

Obviously not a fan of Lebron as a player but nothing infuriates me more than bigotry and ignorance. This is one area Lebron is miles ahead of Jordan, who basically ignored the issue his entire career.

I was only casually aware of the NBA during the MJ era, but could that be because of the times? I'm assuming more athletes now than before are encouraged to use their status as a platform to give the marginalized a voice, whereas before they didn't really think to do something like that. I won't be surprised if I was wrong.

It's a stupid meme in naive bubbles like gaf that basically acts as if the millions of obama voters who voted Trump or stayed home this past election are all racist scumbag nazis/kkk members instead of just frustrated idiots.

Oh, this is one of those naive posts that pretend that someone who voted for Obama can't be racist or that you need to be a card carrying member of the kkk or some nazi group to be complicit in racism by voting for or being ambivalent towards a scumbag like Trump who ran on a platform of implicit racism

yep, just frustrated idiots, sure

R0ckman

Let's have a sharp reduction on sarcastic shit posting. Everyone's already heard the one about economic anxiety about four thousand times. If you don't have anything useful to add, it's okay not to post.

Thank you, I'm tired of shifting thorugh like 20 posts of that meme before someone says something insightful.

LifEndz

So glad Whitlock is off ESPN, just to eliminate the off-chance that he appears on LeBatard and I hear his voice for a nano second before I can skip ahead.

PillarEN

He's wrong anyway. I think there was some black basketball player for Milwaukee last year who was going to a jeweler's and they called the cops on him because he was black. Made no difference he was living large.

fake edit: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/10/27/9621368/john-henson-wisconsin-jewelry-store-discrimination

Honestly knowing Lebron I wouldnt be surprised if he did fake it. Not that it looks that way. :3

LeBron and his family weren't at the west L.A. home at the time, but Travis questioned why LeBron's staff painted over the racial slur on the gate before the LAPD arrived on the scene. They could have temporarily covered it up with a tarp or something similar to enable cops to examine the evidence such as the kind of spray paint used.

lo fucking l

To what end though? How would faking this in any way benefit Lebron? The risk of being outed as a fake would have been reason enough not to do it. Given the state of the US, it's infinitely easier to believe it's real than it was faked.

I was only casually aware of the NBA during the MJ era, but could that be because of the times? I'm assuming more athletes now than before are encouraged to use their status as a platform to give the marginalized a voice, whereas before they didn't really think to do something like that. I won't be surprised if I was wrong.
a634d22c1b1595c80bb298fb104328f0

effzee

AM sports radio hosts being racist? I am shocked

We bumping thread for Breitbart level hot takes?

I was shocked to learn Boomer, who played in the NFL, had black teammates, coaches, and hosts the CBS NFL morning show was a Trump supporter. It blows my mind how someone who is well traveled and has worked with people from walks of life could turn out to be a Trump supporter.

They also regularly has NJ Gov Chris Christie as a host on their show. They shit all over NBA players for not playing with effort whereas Boomer goes on and on about how in the NHL guys hustle. Dog whistles for days.

No longer shocked they would even suggest something like this.

Slayven

I was shocked to learn Boomer, who played in the NFL, had black teammates, coaches, and hosts the CBS NFL morning show was a Trump supporter. It blows my mind how someone who is well traveled and has worked with people from walks of life could turn out to be a Trump supporter.

They also regularly has NJ Gov Chris Christie as a host on their show. They shit all over NBA players for not playing with effort whereas Boomer goes on and on about how in the NHL guys hustle. Dog whistles for days.

Sports Journalism hates any player that dares take control of their agency. That is why NBA players catch the most shit out of all the big sports, they have more control over themselves.

JA Adande at the end of Around the Horn said he has seen and has evidence of the picture of the hate crime but chose not to post it and that people need to stop with the conspiracy theory stuff.

entremet

Boomer is scum.

Boomer being conservative is something that shouldn't be a shock.

He's the epitome of your average Long Island WASP

Jag

Boomer being conservative is something that shouldn't be a shock.

He's the epitome of your average Long Island WASP

Just like Bill O'Reilly.

And fuck the Lebron truthers. Can't even believe this is a thing. But there are Sandy Hook truthers, so I guess asshole imbeciles do exist and the internet gives them a voice too.

Top Bottom