• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

Chaser324

Banned
They're playing Conker right now. Do you think the framerate has been improved?

They did note that the framerate in Jet Force Gemini was improved (fewer frame drops during explosions in particular), so I assume Conker would be similarly improved.

ss_lemonade

I think with n64 emulators, you can force the framerate to run at a higher/more stable rate than normal. It'll probably look similar here

yopmoi

From today Twitch stream we can see two posters for Battletoads and Banjo with new rare Logo and new design.

What do you think?

CLQuc-wVAAAIyrc.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
From today Twitch stream we can see two posters for Battletoads and Banjo with new rare Logo and new design.

What do you think?

CLQuc-wVAAAIyrc.jpg

That Banjo redesign is interesting. I wonder why they didn't use it on the box art like the Battletoads redesign? I don't hate the new look, but it'll take a bit of time to grow on me like the N&B look did.

What do you think?

CLQuc-wVAAAIyrc.jpg
That's a new Banjo design for definite. The thing says Escape From The something blah.

This is unsubtle. And maybe trolling. Or maybe awesome.

hawk2025

The N&B redesigned was weird at first, but ultimately unique and playful.

This just looks like a generic bear.

Edit: Oh, these are basically comic book-style posters with different artstyles, like comic books have.

I wouldn't read into it at all.

Sydle

I think Battletoads is a lock for a Gamescom announcement, but they're just trolling Banjo. I don't see how they'd take on both unless they are just overseeing external development of one or both of them.

G0523

What do you think?

CLQuc-wVAAAIyrc.jpg

I think Battletoads is a lock for a Gamescom announcement, but they're just trolling Banjo. I don't see how they'd take on both unless they are just overseeing external development of one or both of them.

This looks promising and not at the same time. I don't really like they way they Banjo looks over there but I'd be so down if there were actually a new game. Just gotta wait till Gamescom.

It's also kinda weird that the Banjo-Kazooie logo has its colors reversed. What's next? The new game will actually be called Kazooie-Banjo?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Those posters are merely comic book representations of the characters. Look at the logos in the corners--they're even drawn to look identical to comic books.

Sydle

Wasn't Rare working on a cancelled Sabreman not long ago, I swear there is footage on youtube.

Footage here

It was cancelled in late 2005 though. Here's the GAF thread on it.

Was there a rumor of some type of revival? I think they should try to mash it with Viva Pinata...big open-world to explore and a ton of Pinata to tame. Yes, please.

ZOOM AND ENHANCE

EMfeeid.png

It reminds me of a Nintendo Power cover. I love it as an art piece, but not sure about Banjo's design. He has similar blocky features to his N&B design (look at the fingers and snout), but the proportions have changed a bit.

If it's any kind of hint of a new Banjo and where it may be going then I like that there's no wrench or some other silly prop.

I wouldn't mind them rebooting Gruntilda since she's barely holding it together now. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to take over another body.

Top Bottom