• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Damn, seeing the nuts and bolts intro and especially the city, makes me want a true banjo platformer so bad. I don't have fond memories of nuts and bolts overall game, but exploring those areas and climbing that tower were a blast that I had forgotten.

I wish I had a Xbox one
imagevxozt.jpg

Damn, seeing the nuts and bolts intro and especially the city, makes me want a true banjo platformer so bad. I don't have fond memories of nuts and bolts overall game, but exploring those areas and climbing that tower were a blast that I had forgotten.

Yeah, agreed. I want a true Banjo sequel so badly. N+B didn't grab me -- I tried playing through twice and each time stopped after a few hours. It just didn't lock me in. Not a fan of the car building/combat.

This is the only reason all year i've regretted selling my Xbox one. It'll be the first thing i buy when i get another.

i sold it due to being in the hospital and missing some work and needing the money, not because i wanted to.

Cindro

I can't stop watching this stream - ack!

Okay, which game should I blast through before this comes out on Tuesday? I'm debating between The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Sunset Overdrive. I need something that can be beaten in three days, and I'm not sure how long any of these titles are. The shorter the better, I guess?

Kinsei

Banned

Okay, which game should I blast through before this comes out on Tuesday? I'm debating between The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Sunset Overdrive. I need something that can be beaten in three days, and I'm not sure how long any of these titles are. The shorter the better, I guess?

Sunset Overdrive. If you only do the story missions and the side quests (the actual quests, not the challenges) you should be able to do it within 3 days.

Cindro

Sunset Overdrive. If you only do the story missions and the side quests (the actual quests, not the challenges) you shoul dbe able to do it within 3 days.
Yeah, Sunset seems the most Rare-like. I'm almost burned out on open world games at the moment, but the traversal mechanisms seem fresh enough to make it feel different. Is it a relatively easy game, too? I kind of just want to zone out so I can save all of my skillz for Conker on Tuesday :p

VRMN

Yeah, Sunset seems the most Rare-like. I'm almost burned out on open world games at the moment, but the traversal mechanisms seem fresh enough to make it feel different. Is it a relatively easy game, too? I kind of just want to zone out so I can save all of my skillz for Conker on Tuesday :p
Sunset Overdrive can and will kick your ass, honestly. I love it, but it's not easy.

Megatron

I'm a greedy prick, are there any deals on this still going?

Best deal is to go buy a box of golden crisp with the $10 ms store certificate. That brings the cost down to $20. Sign in with the same email as your Xbox rewards account (sign up for it if you aren't a member) and you will also get $15 in Microsoft currency.

Cindro

Sunset Overdrive can and will kick your ass, honestly. I love it, but it's not easy.
Well then - I'll probably put it off for another time. That's a game I want to eventually own anyway, probably after a price drop, and for this weekend I'm looking to just do a rental.

Or maybe I can drop a brick on my head and go into a coma for a few days.

Kinsei

Banned

It is pretty easy. The only challenging parts for me was getting a gold medal on a few of the challenges.

Really? As long as you don't stay on the ground 99% of the enemies become a non-issue. Wingers were the only thing that gave me any problems but by then you have access to so many weapons that they're not a huge pain to deal with.

Ugh I just realized I haven't received a shipping notice from the Microsoft Store yet and the weekend is upon on. Unless they plan to ship it overnight on Monday I'm not sure how I will get the release date delivery they advertised...

Bsigg12

Ahh Tuesday is gonna be so good! Rare Replay and the Microsoft Gamescom conference!

Ugh I just realized I haven't received a shipping notice from the Microsoft Store yet and the weekend is upon on. Unless they plan to ship it overnight on Monday I'm not sure how I will get the release date delivery they advertised...

Yea me either which is a little worrisome but I'll have the game one way or another.

crpav

I am excited for this game as well as not excited. See wife hates games, in laws really hate games and I have no time to game and can't enjoy games due to the whole wife and her parents hate that I game hanging over me. Plus have a 3 year old that wife does not want exposed to games.

Megatron

Same here, but if there is any game I dont mind waiting a few days on, its a collection of games that are already 10-30 years old. What's a few days at this point?

EBE

They've done exactly this is in the past for me.

I am excited for this game as well as not excited. See wife hates games, in laws really hate games and I have no time to game and can't enjoy games due to the whole wife and her parents hate that I game hanging over me. Plus have a 3 year old that wife does not want exposed to games.

RIP

The Flash

Banned
Ahh Tuesday is gonna be so good! Rare Replay and the Microsoft Gamescom conference!

And KI Season 2 soundtrack

no gbtg gear? disappointing.

They've said that they might add more designs

pouring-out-liquor.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Well then - I'll probably put it off for another time. That's a game I want to eventually own anyway, probably after a price drop, and for this weekend I'm looking to just do a rental.

Or maybe I can drop a brick on my head and go into a coma for a few days.
Eh, I found it really easy. Starts off at a low challenge but gets too easy as you master controls and gain weapons and abilities. In fact, that's one of my few complaints with it actually

Think i will start with banjo or concker so i will post some impressions later

If you want to check, the RR N64 ports are Conker's BFD, Blast Corps., KI Gold, and Jet Force Gemini, AFAIK. Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are N64-to-X360 ports that were already confirmed to be excellent on that system with solid 30fps performance and some select enhancements, mostly to some textures and maybe filtering.

I think its time... to cut your wife loose.

Not a serious suggestion please do not follow.
But seriously, make time to game if you can! Its a shame they disapprove, lots of people can enjoy games.

I love Sunset Overdrive but I think that you will want to play a ton of the side quests so my recommendation is Wolfenstein. Play on Normal, go in Rambo style and it will be a blast.

If you had more than three days I would say play on uber and go in James Bond style and you'll have even more fun!

Time to trade her in for a new model

:p

Ramirez

lol

I never played the original CBFD. This looks amazing. Some of the best graphics i've seen from the N64.

After watching some streaming I think i'll have to turn the border graphics off. They look great, but it seems like they would be too distracting.

Top Bottom