• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

Banjo sucks not sure what you all see in that IP.

LOL....your name tho...

giphy.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/xbox/v/9189295?t=6h09m34s

Courtesy of a friend of mine who watched most of the show.

Just let it load and listen to Xbox Live's Acey Bongo.

"...they'll be keeping you up to date on Rare stuff around Rare Replay and then cool other stuff they're working on as well, some of it is secret and I'm going to get Emma [Rare Community Person] to tell me about it afterwards"

FocusedFrightenedChick.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/xbox/v/9189295?t=6h09m34s

Courtesy of a friend of mine who watched most of the show.

Just let it load and listen to Xbox Live's Acey Bongo.

"...they'll be keeping you up to date on Rare stuff around Rare Replay and then cool other stuff they're working on as well, some of it is secret and I'm going to get Emma [Rare Community Person] to tell me about it afterwards"

FocusedFrightenedChick.gif

Let me see now!

Think I'm gonna pre-order from the store today.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Still it's interesting that only Battletoads and Banjo receive those comic posters, incidentially the two franchises where some teasing has happened.

Still it's interesting that only Battletoads and Banjo receive those comic posters, incidentially the two franchises where some teasing has happened.

Im pretty sure there are posters for other games around the room too. My friend mentioned there is at least VP and KI ones too

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Im pretty sure there are posters for other games around the room too. My friend mentioned there is at least VP and KI ones too

Too bad :(.

Have we heard any news on the "playble betas in Rare Replay"-rumor? A playable Twelve Tales Conker 64 would be a childhood dream come true (I've treasured the money for Conker from 1998 until 2001 because I loved what I saw of Twelve Tales at age 11 so much).

kevin1025

Banned
WTF, Howlongtobeat has Viva Pinata 2 at 70 hours but completionist at 16 hrs? that can't be right.

Probably the other way around. I spent 50 hours on Viva Pinata and was only missing one pinata animal at that point. The second game exploded with way more stuff, so it'll be a hefty time sink!

So I redeemed the code for the game, but the pre-load is for just Rare Replay and not the bundle with the 360 games. I'm sure they'll download on launch day, but is there anyway to force a pre-load for the 360 games.

In the store it says I own Rare Replay, but the bundle still shows as $29.99

So I redeemed the code for the game, but the pre-load is for just Rare Replay and not the bundle with the 360 games. I'm sure they'll download on launch day, but is there anyway to force a pre-load for the 360 games.

I guess if you're not in the preview program you can't play the 360 games yet since it requires BC

The Flash

Banned
So now that we got some sweet Viva Pinata leggings, how about some Rare Funko Pops?

I think I remember them saying that the code you won wouldn't include the 360 games.

For those who have it early, has the info section got anything on the old unsolved mysteries like Cassandra De Vries necklace password?

There was a mystery behind that? I think I read that somewhere actually. I forgot about that. ._.

Her necklace had a password, and so did reaching rank1 in multi-player. Codes never worked on the press sites (carrington and datadyne).

Either had some real meaning, or Rare just had a shitty webmaster who was too lazy to add them.

daTRUballin

Her necklace had a password, and so did reaching rank1 in multi-player. Codes never worked on the press sites (carrington and datadyne).

Either had some real meaning, or Rare just had a shitty webmaster who was too lazy to add them.

Interesting. I doubt Rare Replay will explain any of this, though. :p

Drago

One week ago I had no plans to buy an Xbox One in the near future despite my desire to pick one up. One Rare Replay musical trailer and a visit to the BST thread later...

welp
Rare nostalgia makes you do crazy things

btw Sunset Overdrive is really good, I knew I wasn't crazy for wanting to buy a system just for it last year :p

Sydle

One week ago I had no plans to buy an Xbox One in the near future despite my desire to pick one up. One Rare Replay musical trailer and a visit to the BST thread later...

welp

btw Sunset Overdrive is really good, I knew I wasn't crazy for wanting to buy a system just for it last year :p

I want that white xbone so much > _ <

If my current xbone ever dies I'm going to hunt one of the white ones down.

welp

I got that exact set a month ago or so, and just put in an order for Rare Replay plus an extra controller. Too many nostalgic memories of those games, and I'm really excited to try out the Spectrum ones for the first time, and I also missed the N64 line entirely.

Is there any kind of deal if you buy this digitally in any certain way?

The only X1 game I've ever bought digitally was MCC and that was with money I earned from promos.

I cancelled my disc preorder today because.

webkatt

I'm streaming it, hopefully I don't get banned or anything.

And FYI I am pretty much guaranteed to suck at these games.

www.twitch.tv/webkatt

Apparently you can't stream 360 emulated games...
Nevermind, you have to restart the broadcast

Damn, I'm jealous. Going to be one of the few retail available console games I buy digitally, want all of these to be on my system at all times!

The Argus

Wow the five minutes I just watched of the Blast Corps stream just hit my nostalgia feels like a coal train. I haven't seen or heard that game in 18 years. Preordering now.

Time to get moving.

munroe

In yesterday's xbox stream, during the tour of Rare, it was mentioned that the QA team were working hard on getting through the day one patch, any news on what's included?

Drago

In yesterday's xbox stream, during the tour of Rare, it was mentioned that the QA team were working hard on getting through the day one patch, any news on what's included?

Probably the new Jet Force Gemini control scheme. Potentially other things but I don't think we've heard of anything else.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Stream looks good. Are they upscaling anything as it looks quite clean (eg higher res polys with original textures?). And why is it a postage stamp? I can understand bars left/right, but why top and bottom too?

Poona

Damn, seeing the nuts and bolts intro and especially the city, makes me want a true banjo platformer so bad. I don't have fond memories of nuts and bolts overall game, but exploring those areas and climbing that tower were a blast that I had forgotten.

Yeah, that was pretty much my highlights of nuts and bolts. Most fun I had was climbing the poles and going swimming in the water. Just wish I could have let kazooie out of the backpack so I could run around faster as Banjo was slow.

Top Bottom