• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

nemisis0

How do achievements work for the 360 games in this? Do they have their own, separate, Xbone lists, or are they literally the 360 ones? If you already got the 'Beat Level 1' achievement in Perfect Dark back in 2005 or whatever, will it pop again on Rare Replay?

Nope they won't pop again if you already played the game and already got the achievement.

And they are the 360 ones.

Well that blows. I am always inverted y axis.

Sorry I was wrong, the X and Y axis ARE inverted on the second stick : Up goes down, left goes right. It's like on the N64 so you can't turn it to normal.

Have you played the N64 originals to compare? I'm disappointed they aren't solid 30 fps but I'll still be OK if they're mostly 30. Going to need to wait for digital foundry I guess.

It's far better than the N64 game but I noticed some frame drops.

Xemnas89

Despite being a collection of games I've played dozens of times (except for blast corps, banjo tooie, and grabbed by the ghoulies) this is the xbox game I'm most hyped for. Eventually it will be mine and when it is it will be getting all my love. Can't wait to replay some of these games after years.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wondering how much my daughter is going to love Viva Piñata. Maybe it'll be enough to get her off Splatoon :)

What's the difference between the two VP games? Is one recommended over the other?

jesu

Wondering how much my daughter is going to love Viva Piñata. Maybe it'll be enough to get her off Splatoon :)

What's the difference between the two VP games? Is one recommended over the other?

Second one is the best, it's like Viva Pinata 1.5 basically.
My daughter got obsessed by it when she was only 6/7/8
For a complicated game she got right into it.Did get her the official game guide though.
She hasn't been much of a gamer since then though apart from Minecraft.

Green Yoshi

I have the game since yesterday and I can confirm that the framerate is not constant but it's ok. The biggest issue for me is that you can't invert X and Y axis.

You couldn't do it on N64 either.

It looks a little bit strange that the textures are so blurred and edges are so sharp. And there are no Snapshots and save states for N64 games unlike in the NES games.

Yes yes

I expect more responses like this from the GBTG virgins

It's so fun! Easy as hell but just fun.

I have the game since yesterday and I can confirm that the framerate is not constant but it's ok. The biggest issue for me is that you can't invert X and Y axis.

Yep. Frame Rate drops much like it would on an N64. noticed a few texture hiccups but it's awesome regardless. Also, the controls are pretty wank. I'm not someone who plays on inverted. It's too mentally weird.

Edit; only 4000 gamerscore?

Dingles

Hope they change the stamps for PDZ. I played a load of that game at launch, there isn't a chance I'm going to get 1k achievements for it :(

Edit: It's 750 gamerscore not 1k for all stamps - still ;____________________________________________________; that games achievements are awful

jesu

It's so fun! Easy as hell but just fun.

Yep. Frame Rate drops much like it would on an N64. noticed a few texture hiccups but it's awesome regardless. Also, the controls are pretty wank. I'm not someone who plays on inverted. It's too mentally weird.

Edit; only 4000 gamerscore?

Plus the 360 games should equal 10,000.

Conezays

Yeah you can install it now.
I'm wondering when it unlocks.

It's supposed to unlock at 12 EST Tuesday.

Mine's currently pre-loading, though am a bit concerned about these frame rate complaints for N64. If it's comparable to the 360 Banjos, I'm good.

If you set aside the whole censorship difference, THIS is the reason I vastly prefer the N64 version of Conker.
They didn't recreate that scene well at all in the Xbox version.

Several of the visual gags were mucked up by the Xbox graphics upgrade. This, the squirrels in It's War, Enter the Vertex's intro (might've been for legal paranoia), Conker wearing shorts (where in the original he would "unzip" nothing for the whizzing minigames), et cetera.

I wouldn't mind having the Xbox version too, but they really did pick the right one.

Funnily enough, both Conkers came out late on their respective platforms, using all sorts of hardware tricks, so they're both probably the hardest things to emulate for the collection.

jesu

It's supposed to unlock at 12 EST Tuesday.

Mine's currently pre-loading, though am a bit concerned about these frame rate complaints for N64. If it's comparable to the 360 Banjos, I'm good.

Is that just in the US though?
That would be 5pm here, but I assume it will be at midnight.
I haven't pre-ordered a digital game yet so I don't know what happens.

RoKKeR

Pretty cool to see this as the #5 best seller on Amazon. Wonder how it performs overall.

Still trying to decide whether or not I want it.

Finally pre-ordered a copy at a local GameStop.

The guy there was happy to find out that Conker's Bad Fur Day was the original N64 version. He thought for a moment that Battletoads was a remake (I guess he thought the arcade game was one?), but he was happy to learn that the NES game is in there. He's hoping for more games as DLC, too.

I asked about the "Ask me about Battletoads" buttons, but he said that his store didn't get any, but he and the other guy there saw them at other stores. They're not sure about the t-shirts.

The Flash

Banned
Still trying to decide whether or not I want it.

giphy.gif

JonnyKong

I've got the game pre ordered, but I can't install it already? When I press on it it says I'm too early.

Edit: wait, I'm being stupid, it is installed already.

Probably getting an Xbox One for this shit next week, but if I do, I'll not touch Blast Corps. I won't do it. Fuck that game. I'm pretty sure that it can be solely responsible for the onset of hypertension and anxiety disorder, like more than obesity, smoking, etc. I can run circles around Souls all day long but Blast Corps? That game scares the shit out of me.

The Argus

Probably getting an Xbox One for this shit next week, but if I do, I'll not touch Blast Corps. I won't do it. Fuck that game. I'm pretty sure that it is solely responsible for the onset of hypertension and anxiety disorder, like more than obesity, smoking, etc. I can run circles around Souls all day long but Blast Corps? That game scares the shit out of me.

I've had the level select music stuck in my head all day since briefly watching a stream last night. "Gotta get moving"

Evil game.

This is likely just an OCD thing, but I'd almost feel wasteful using a One to emulate 360 games.

By buying RARE Replay, does one then get access to the same games via Games on Demand on 360? Or does it not work that way?

I bought Nuts and Bolts at launch to get Banjo-Kazooie for free, but I've yet to even use the disc once. I also own PDZ and Viva Pinata physically.

G0523

This is likely just an OCD thing, but I'd almost feel wasteful using a One to emulate 360 games.

By buying RARE Replay, does one then get access to the same games via Games on Demand on 360? Or does it not work that way?

I bought Nuts and Bolts at launch to get Banjo-Kazooie for free, but I've yet to even use the disc once. I also own PDZ and Viva Pinata physically.

Yes, that's essentially how it works. You'll get the XBLA/GoD versions of the games that were originally on the 360. And you'll get all the DLC as well. So you might as well sell PDZ, Viva Pinata, and N&B for $1
total
and just have them all on the Xbox One via Rare Replay.

Yes, that's essentially how it works. You'll get the XBLA/GoD versions of the games that were originally on the 360. And you'll get all the DLC as well. So you might as well sell PDZ, Viva Pinata, and N&B for $1
total
and just have them all on the Xbox One via Rare Replay.

Okay. Maybe I'll just play them on 360 then.

No, he's wrong, you don't get the 360 versions on your 360.
You should play Nuts & Bolts though, it's great in it's own right, it's just not a Banjo platformer.

Ah, okay. I thought it was maybe too good to be true.

I've been meaning to play Nuts and Bolts, but just haven't gotten around to it. The new direction it took kind of turned me off.

G0523

No, he's wrong, you don't get the 360 versions on your 360.
You should play Nuts & Bolts though, it's great in it's own right, it's just not a Banjo platformer.

Whoops! Misread that. Sorry. I thought he was asking if he would be able to play the games as if he were playing them through Games on Demand. Not sure why I thought that.

Top Bottom