• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

DSmalls84

Are the best buy backorders for store pickup or shipping? I opted for store pickup and mine is showing "in progress". This is my first time preordering at best buy so I'm not really sure what the norm is.

There may not be enough hardcopies of this game...is why I'm not getting a shipping order from Microsoft's store that's why Best Buy can't do it. I have no idea

but you can still pre-order it from best buy for release date pickup or delivery. if they already reached their allotment why would they still allow pre-orders?

Is there a list showing the framerate of each games? I want to know the framerate of the N64 games and Xbox/360 games :)

Still no real proof if it's locked at 30 or original framerate for N64 games, but from what twitch streams have shown, the frame rate does not drop as much or as hard in situations like explosions not making Jet Force Gemini drop to <15fps, and it's generally smoother than the original games on the N64.

The only original Xbox game, Grabbed by the Ghoulies is not emulated, they just ported the game to the Xbox One with 1080p/60fps.

And the 360 games in the collection, they should work more or less like they did on the 360 itself.

Still no real proof if it's locked at 30 or original framerate for N64 games, but from what twitch streams have shown, the frame rate does not drop as much or as hard in situations like explosions not making Jet Force Gemini drop to <15fps, and it's generally smoother than the original games on the N64.

The only original Xbox game, Grabbed by the Ghoulies is not emulated, they just ported the game to the Xbox One with 1080p/60fps.

And the 360 games in the collection, they should work more or less like they did on the 360 itself.

I'm not going to lie, but a little disappointed since I assumed the N64 games to 60fps. The deal for this game is still amazing though.

Links_fantasy

This collection just shows how MS ended Rare's era of great games, and although a bargain for 30 games doesn't replace the fact that Banjo 3, Perfect Dark 2, Kameo 2 and many other games don't exist because of their acquisition to MS. Nintendo would have benefited and greenlit these and more, but in the end it's Nintendo's fault for letting them go.

Salty Hippo

What will the OT be called?

I'm not going to lie, but a little disappointed since I assumed the N64 games to 60fps. The deal for this game is still amazing though.

Yeah, for this price I never expected them to be reworked like that. I'm glad we're getting resolution and performance bumps at all tbh.

I don't mind the 30fps that much since a lot of old 3d games that ran at low framerates are built for the low fps. Increasing it would only break the game in some way.

Better than nothing, I guess.

Man, I was all hyped for this tomorrow then I check online stores today and the date has been changed to the 14th here in New Zealand. :(

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

I hope this sells well enough for Microsoft to see value in these older rare IP, with out any hyperbole at all, dead serious, there is no game I want more than banjo threeie.

Bsigg12

I hope this sells well enough for Microsoft to see value in these older rare IP, with out any hyperbole at all, dead serious, there is no game I want more than banjo threeie.

To be fair, if Rare doesn't want to do a Banjo 3, you can't force them to. The Kinect stuff while not for everyone is really good stuff and Viva Pinata is great as well. I honestly believe if we get a Banjo 3, it'll come like KI did through a different dev team.

This collection just shows how MS ended Rare's era of great games, and although a bargain for 30 games doesn't replace the fact that Banjo 3, Perfect Dark 2, Kameo 2 and many other games don't exist because of their acquisition to MS. Nintendo would have benefited and greenlit these and more, but in the end it's Nintendo's fault for letting them go.

There's so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

To be fair, if Rare doesn't want to do a Banjo 3, you can't force them to. The Kinect stuff while not for everyone is really good stuff and Viva Pinata is great as well. I honestly believe if we get a Banjo 3, it'll come like KI did through a different dev team.

I would be absolutley ok with that to, weirdly enough I would love to see the odd gentleman take a stab at banjo if any developer outside of rare was going to do it, I think they would understand the humor.

daTRUballin

This part makes no sense.

In case anyone wants an early copy, I saw this on the shelf of walmart in lougheed town center tonight in Vancouver. I would have snagged a copy, but my copy already shipped. Cant wait to play this though.

Richie

Ill be really pissed off if this is a lazy ass collection and the n64 games arent running at 60fps.

Given everything you're getting for half the price of a normal retail release, would you seriously lose your marbles if the N64 games aren't 60fps?

munroe

Load of rubbish, the fact that you want a Kameo 2 is because of MS, you know Kameo was released on the 360 right? Rare, very much like Valve don't make a particular game because they have to, it's because they want to.

I believe that it'll be very rare, (no pun intended) if you do see another Conker or banjo etc because if the fans didn't like it, it may sully their feelings towards the IP as a whole.

I don't mind the 30fps that much since a lot of old 3d games that ran at low framerates are built for the low fps. Increasing it would only break the game in some way.

Better than nothing, I guess.

Better without Kinect?

Ill be really pissed off if this is a lazy ass collection and the n64 games arent running at 60fps.
Lmao

BigMack

microsoft store is supposed to have release date delivery right?

Yes, they do. Think you have to pre order by a certain date though. Which I'm not sure exactly how many days before that is.

I pre ordered mine from the MS store right after it was announced and yesterday got an email saying my order had been cancelled. So I placed another order. Hoping I still get it tues.

Yes, they do. Think you have to pre order by a certain date though. Which I'm not sure exactly how many days before that is.

I pre ordered mine from the MS store right after it was announced and yesterday got an email saying my order had been cancelled. So I placed another order. Hoping I still get it tues.

ah ok. I ordered when that cereal code was mentioned the first time. I think that was a couple weeks ago. I saw a couple people on CAG say that theirs shipped out, I havent received any notification of that on mine though

MagnesD3

Given everything you're getting for half the price of a normal retail release, would you seriously lose your marbles if the N64 games aren't 60fps?
Yes it's the only reason I'm buying the collection I had all the games already, I just wanted the best version of them.

amardilo

I pre-ordered Rare Replay (and am in the OS Preview) and now I have 2 copies of several 360 games (I owned the digital version on the 360).

I tried to delete them but they still show up as 2 games, although the ones from Rare Replay show up as a pre-order.

Is there anyway to merge them into a single tile on the dashboard or will it be sorted out when the game goes live?

ss_lemonade

Due to being an xbox title, I'm guessing Grabbed by the Ghoulies was ported to the Xbox One and thus allowed the game to get a res (and framerate?) bump? Would have been interesting to see then how the Xbox version of Conker would have looked like if it was included too and got a 1080p/60fps improvement because I remember that game looking really good back then as it is.

Cynn

I'm hoping more games are added over time. I'd pay for a 1080p/60 Live and Reloaded with the multiplayer turned back on.

Top Bottom