• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart |OT| Next-gen just got riveting....

Argh I'm definitely tempted to get this.

Not exactly a fan of the overly Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic/humor in these games but it's probably fun and surely looks stunning so I am definitely divided on whether I wanna get it or not.

What's the big difference between the 60fps and 30fps option if it also has RT?
I’m not a fan of this type of game usually either but I’d definitely recommend it

Esppiral

it is here!!!!!!
8Psq2eY.jpg

Greggy

My pixeliser/free armor bonus code is redeemed and my PS5 is waiting for the amazon delivery.
I even have the xbox wireless headset paired with the PS5 via bluetooth dongle. By the way this thing is superb, you can connect it to your series X and to one other channel such as youtube podcasts at the same time).
I count on R&C to hold me over until the Xbox showcase.

Greggy

Played performance rt for 3 hrs then a new game on fidelity for 15 mins, honestly don't even bother with playing fidelity.
It's that bad? I want all the graphical bells and whistles. That's all what this game is about as far as I'm concerned. Not expecting any gameplay or story depth whatsoever. Nefarious is bad and must be stopped.

GymWolf

Gold Member
People bitching because they don't know what graphic mode to use and i'm still here stuck at work until tonight...

Thank god tomorrow i have the free turn at work so between ratchet and ufc263 it's gonna be a fun weekend.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It wan't that nice what you originally wrote, but not the worse I have seen (I am not from Sicily, but you gotta go there at least once in your lifetime: the food there is soooooooooo good!)
I didn't edit because it wasn't nice, but because i realized that you were not talking about me about third world problems but with the people undecited about performance or fidelity :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But it is true, we have the best food and the best women (a bit on the short side tho).

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

checked it, definitly 60 rt mode is way to go tough I see more shimering on ratchet face fur vs fidelity when camera is not very close (btw great lod transition)

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yeah, just played some of this last night.....

I was sure I was gonna use performance mode....I havent even tried it yet, lol. Not sure if its the resolution or what...but fidelity mode looks insanely good. Insomniac were not bullshitting about how good this game looks.

I usually pick performance for the soap opera look, but I already see that look in fidelity mode. Now I'm not sure I wanna use performance at all.

This game feels much more playable at 30fps then ratchet 2016 so some reason, i think the gameplay speed is faster in this game.
Yeah, I dont know what the reason is, what Insomniac did, but ...damn....lol. I was thinking fidelity is so smooth as is. I can see the difference between 30 in FFVII Intergrade alot more vs 30 in this game. Its looks choppier in FFVII.

So just came across this weird glitch after getting to the disco party. I don’t have a right hand and there’s this weird square box following me underneath my character
rIsbUgn.png

Last edited:
got as far as the first grind rails in the beginning and fell off and .... am still falling 20 minutes later . Through the city, through the clouds and now the character is off the map.. going to rid this out till it crashes...

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
What's funny is the original Ratchet and Clank is the most different compared to all the others. Which may also be why you were never interested in the series after.

I don't remember much except the audio from the game (specifically I think the sound of rivets being gathered) drove my roommates crazy. There were no headphone jacks back then.

TrebleShot

PS Plus subscribers get hints for gold bolts?
Yes.

press PS button in activity cards look for the cards that have “hints available” there are mini videos showing you where missing gold bolts are etc.

I believe there are shortcuts via Square to each level and area where you are missing the Bolts.

think there are other tips etc but didn’t have time to dive in.

Also FYI for everyone else.

HDR is broken in both performance and performance RT modes, to fix it ensure you have 120hz in the PS settings disabled. I believe a pitch is incoming.

NikuNashi

About an hour into it. Visuals are stunning especially the cinematics (I wont use the P word but its getting there). Core gameplay loop however is unconvincing, repetitive enemies and shooting feels soooooo lacking after Returnal.

Hooooly shit if this isn't the most impressive and best looking game I've ever seen 😬

Playing in fidelity mode, looks and feels amazing to me. No issues whatsoever 😍, this is 30 fps done right.

Dare I say.. truly Cinematic? 😉 In the best possible sense. Everything looks like a movie, with excellent framing, depth of field effects etc. I'm blown away.

The Dualsense stuff is also very impressive, all in all - this is next gen. The bar is set so high it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
No, he is being just hard on the game for whatever reason. 30 FPS is just fine and is super smooth.

I flipped back and forth a bit between the two modes at the beginning playable portion of the game before action starts. Honestly, I am fine with Fidelity at 30 for this particular game. For Spider-Man MM, once I played performance mode (before the RT patch), I couldn't play it in fidelity mode. This game, for me, is fine in Fidelity mode as well.

Top Bottom