• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox Showcase 2023

How would you rate the Xbox Showcase 2023

• It was fantastic

Votes: 169 20.2%
  • It was very good

Votes: 298 35.6%
  • It was okay

Votes: 223 26.6%
  • It was mediocre

Votes: 99 11.8%
  • It was poor

Votes: 29 3.5%
  • It was very bad

Votes: 19 2.3%

• Total voters

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Starfield made it an 11 out of 10. There hasn’t been a game that has made me feel that way while watching it since Titanfall prior to last gen launch. Those kinds of games are very rare.

Yep.

I voted too soon, combined Starfield Direct + Xbox show is definitely in the Fantastic range.

Gorgon

The pacing was great. I am bummed though for lack of proper Fable and Hellblade 2 showing. Also shame that Avowed and Clockwork Revolution are not visual powerhouses.
But Starfield showing...Damn.

Yeah, the last Helblade trailer was way more impressive and intense. This one was... OK, I guess, but not sure what was the point. Still hyped as fuck for it.

Clockwork Revolution was a pleasant surprise. I'm pretty fed up with steampunk, but the game looks way better than I thought. And unlike you, I think it looked very polished on the graphical front.

Avowed, on the other hand, dissapointed me a bit. Based on the original trailer I was expecting Obsidian to go Dark Fantasy on it, but instead it feels somewhat like Fable minus the intentional humor, mixed in with Outer Worlds influences. Not quite what I wanted. And the graphics where quite underwelming even account for the dissapointing art direction. On the other hand, the ganmeplay looked good and it's gonna be on Game Pass anyway, so day 1.

Free Dune Expansion for Flight Simulator? Count me in.

And Still Wakes the Deep looks cool, I liked the vibe. Does anyone know if the soundtrack from the trailer is an actual existing song? Loved it, would like to know what it is.

Overall, there was abunch of cool shit in there, I'm pretty impressed. Solid 8 or 9 out of ten. No dissapointment on my side for the show. It was worth getting an XSX yesterday :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Nautilus

Banned
9/10

It was great. It helps MS that Nintendo had no show so far, because they blew Sony and Summer Game Fest out of the water.

Quantum253

That was a really good showing and Starfield might be the title to get people to pickup the console. Overall, there were lots of fun looking games and announcements.
Some were still in the future, but at least you have an idea what studios have been working on, with more announcements probably throughout the year.
I'm glad when Microsoft is strong because it puts a fire under Sony's ass and results in amazing titles all around.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Supposed xbot here, tons was missing.....

- no doom, wolfenstein etc
- no perfect dark
- no in game normal driving from forza
- fp action games
- no gears
- no surprise available now game
- series s 1tb should have been $299

On the plus side, starfeild appears to be a system selling exclusive. Fable may be real and actually good. Avowed looking good.
That other gane running at 5fps looked like trash.

Foilz

Banned
A solid 9/10 for me. It honestly had everything I wanted except a 1 more thing moment at the end that could have been the next gears or a franchise revival that's in the works

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Looks like GAF is less hot on the showcase compared to the rest of the internet:

52966858462_4edf2d075d_b.jpg

52967795320_7d412d6753_b.jpg

52967457186_72efb9801b_b.jpg

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

Last edited:
Not enough gameplay footage overall but happy to see fable, and starfield looked amazing! I'm happy enough with that. Was hoping to see something of the kojima game but not even a teaser. It was a whole lot better than sonys show, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Calverz

I voted very good. I think it was the best summer show so far but not quite fantastic. Perfect dark gameplay may have put it into that realm for me. But the wait continues.

Laptop1991

It was ok, I want Starfield and i'm interested in Avowed but i more or less already knew they would be there, there wasn't anything else for me other than those 2, Cyberpunk dlc maybe but i haven't played the game in quite a while now, so it didn't excite me.

I'm just glad they're not turning it into gritty generic fantasy RPG number 20.

Keep the british humor, it was the franchises defining trait.

This

It's one of the few Western RPGs I can get into other than Mass Effect and The Witcher

The humor is a huge part of that franchise and is what hooked me

As for the people complaining about the Character, I can tell they haven't played any of the previous games when you can just create your own

I'm surprised by Starfield. It's scratching that serious Sci Fi WRPG Itch I had ever since Bioware no longer makes good games

I'm not a Bethesda fan. I hated Fallout 3 and that was the last game I played by them. But Starfield is looking fantastic

Last edited:

With all that cgi (edit.. or in game cut scenes) they couldn't give us some Gears?! Starfield and forza (aside from menus .. Look menus!), gameplay was looking good. Probably will get lost in Starfield for longer than I would care to admit.. it looks great. I wanted some perfect dark... Fable brought a smile.

A little dissapointed but far from the car crash I was expecting. Certainly a lot of games which gives some confidence.

They have done enough to keep me interested for 12 months. If that is all they were going for, mission accomplished.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
With all that cgi they couldn't give us some Gears?! Starfield and forza (aside from menus! Look menus!), gameplay was looking good. I wanted some perfect dark tbh, Fable brought a smile.

A little dissapointed but far from the car crash I was expecting. Certainly a lot of games which gives some confidence.

They have done enough to keep me interested for 12 months. If that is all they were going for, mission accomplished.

"all that cgi"....?

Jim Carrey What GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
As for the people complaining about the Character, I can tell they haven't played any of the previous games when you can just create your own

True. People are focusing on the quote unquote ugly character, the final game should have customization options just like the franchise, ideally.

"all that cgi"....?

Jim Carrey What GIF
Star Wars mostly (fable too)... what is it?

Perhaps I am being unfair.. lots of gameplay on the medicore ( or things I have no interest in)... having starfield direct was a good call, it looks great.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Gotta give it up for Xbox. They finally did something right. I'm only halfway through watching the conference, but it's clear that they pulled out all the stops to please the crowd. Good for them.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

Very nice... Definitely the best of the ones we have... Entertaining watch.

Could be great if we got more gameplay and dates.

HellBlade and Avowed which are the closest games had the most dissapointing showings, so that's unfortunate.
Flight Sim actually rocks... Wish we could have some super-game combining these systems with racing systems from racing games, storytelling, etc...

Fable which I'm most interested in appears to be as far as it was at first showing. no date. Might as well not show anything. Would it kill them to at least talk about the game? This criticism goes pretty much to all showcases we had (Starfield deep dive aside).

Starfield was exciting enough. I am not that into space-sims, so some of its charms are lost on me, but still have high hopes. I can get over the "typical NPC"-npc faces. Some cool creatures, hope for interesting stories/quests and exploration. Even if I'll end up bored, I have no doubt it will be incredibly popular.

After following XBOX crowd for awhile, xboxers must be extremely pleased with showcase. Even "Belfrey" project was revealed.

Many other nice games, I loved monsters in Capcom game for example, I've been waiting for someone to go for this aesthetic. "...The Deep" was very atmospheric from good devs. Clockwork might actually have interesting mechanics with time shenanigans?...

Top Bottom