• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends coming to Xbox 360/PS3, all versions releasing in September

Sissel

Are you here just to troll the Wii U?
I said this

"actually it makes sense. They probably figure since the WiiU sales would probably be so poor, they're better off releasing the game on all platforms so it isn't perceived as a "late port" on the other consoles."

please tell me how that's illogical.

stktt

Banned
This whole thing is akin to not selling water to people dying of thirst in an oasis so you can sell it to a larger group of people at a party that's also selling large amounts of champange, berr and other beverages. It makes no fucking sense.

In this metaphor, there are three people at the oasis and 3,000 people at the party.

Madouu

Just wow. This is terrible for Wii U owners - screw the console wars nonsense - we need something to play...and soon!

My gf and I were planning on tackling this one together in a few weeks. Sonofa...

Exactly my situation, it will be a bit sad explaining to her that the game isn't going to release until September now. I expect mad.

Drencrom

No!! No fucking way, No!!

This is fucking bullshit! Absolute, grade-A fucking bullshit!! I've had this game pre-ordered since September of last year, thinking it was going to be a launch title and they pull this bullshit?! No. Fucking no. This game is ready to go on Wii U. It's done. It's pretty much ready to ship. They can't lie about that.

This game was my game of E3 last year. It was the #1 reason I bought a Nintendo Wii U in the first Goddamn place. Now they're gonna fuck over their customers by announcing a delay 3 weeks before it was gonna launch? Fuck that, I'm writing letters and so should you.

Write to Nintendo. Let them know how important a title this is NOT to be delayed again. Let them know you may just trade in your system if this game does not come out on it's expected date.

Write to Ubisoft. Let them know how much you've been waiting and wanting to play this game. Tell them that they're fucking over their fanbase by delaying this game just to appease to the dudebro crowd. Tell them if they go along with this, you will NOT buy a new copy and wait until you can get it used because if they do this, they won't see a god damn dime of my money.

This is NOT the news I needed to wake up to right now. God damn you Ubisoft.

Hilarious

Didn't know that owning a PS3/360 made you a part of the 'dudebro crowd'

Porting the game looks like it was the reason for the delay. The game was supposed to be out in less than three weeks - it had to be done by now.

It's a shame that this is the primary reason (and such a long delay as well), hope Ubisoft can move the release date forward for Wii U owners.. there are a ton of people waiting for this game.

Banned
Wow. First ZombiU ends up sucking, then Pikmin 3 and TW101 get pushed out of launch window, then aliens gets delayed with no release, now this. With the exception of NSMBU and Nintendoland, every fucking game I wanted for Wii U launch is delayed, no longer exclusive or no release date or cancelled.

Wii U turning into the console version of a Vita lol.

Delaying a finished game for any reason is stupid. End of story.

I think some earlier commentators made reasonable cases for releasing the game at the same time versus staggered. Unified marketing, no discounted copy competing with full-priced versions. If they think they can get more revenue by releasing to huge userbases later versus a small userbase now, then frankly they should do just that.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So... If they're delaying the game for this long, they'll at least keep working on it to add more content, right? Right?

majik13

I said this

"actually it makes sense. They probably figure since the WiiU sales would probably be so poor, they're better off releasing the game on all platforms so it isn't perceived as a "late port" on the other consoles."

please tell me how that's illogical.

this is what I thought as well. They dont want the stigma of it being an "old port".

This whole thing is akin to not selling water to people dying of thirst in an oasis so you can sell it to a larger group of people at a party that's also selling large amounts of champange, berr and other beverages. It makes no fucking sense.

Ubisoft's job isnt to slake your thirst. That's Nintendo's job. Ubisoft's job is to make the best business decisions for Ubisoft.

It stinks about the delay, but honestly, I find that the touch screen stuff detracts from the game rather than "enhancing" anything. So I'm kind of happy that I can get a "normal" version of the game now.

Still...September? Boo. That's a heck of a wait for a game I thought I'd already have by now (when I bought the Wii U).

MisterHero

Sincere. GAF has a fair few WiiU owners it seems that do not own PS3's and X360's to enjoy the slew of content released in these here months. Losing Rayman from the release calendar must feel a lot like the floor under them has just disappeared and the universe has become very very cold. That launch adoption price becomes harder and harder to swallow by the day for them no doubt.

And Nintendo fans with your impassioned "WON'T BUY/WILL BUY 2ND HAND AND SPIT ON IT" posts, this is exactly why another stigma exists amongst third parties on bringing their games to your systems. One imagined slight later and grudges become set in stone; sometimes its better to just not even try with you duders.
I'll buy Rayman, but they're boning their own sales. Wii U version sales will decrease because it was announced on other systems rather than because Wii has a small userbase.

Some have suggested putting it against GTAV's hype period has sent all versions to die.

It's not a fanboy conspiracy more than massive exercises in Ubi's stupidity.

Boogybro

There's a Ubisoft penis complete with hairy testicles on Miiverse right now. Moderators can't catch them quick enough lol

Edit: And it's gone.

LaSfJHV.jpg

miksar

I just thought of a funny scenario: Nintendo learns that Rayman Legends is delayed and no longer Wii U-exclusive, Nintendo overwhelmingly moneyhats Take-Two to port GTAV on Wii U, GTAV is delayed until September, exactly the same month Legends now comes out.

Terrell

This just reaffirms that chasing the West is a waste to Nintendo and should have consolidated ALL their efforts on 3rd parties in Japan.

Ponn

Banned
Dick move on Ubisoft. That facebook post woukd infuriate me over how insensitive it was. No reason not to release itnow on Wii U and rake in full price on game starved Wii U owners who may not have even bought otherwise if there were more games. Release it as budget priced on other two in sept done and done. Now it will be sent to die in sept at full price and bargain bin fodder within two weeks.

As a Vita owner i feel bad for you Wii U brethern seriously and know how it feels. Hang in there it will get better.

Seriously, if this is real, I'm starting to feel really ashamed now to be a Nintendo fan (or at least I was) with an Nintendo executive reinventing the way people should troll Nintendo.

I mean, really, WTF?

What troubles me more is that Nintendo fanboys will probably do nothing to contest this man's position.

Seriously, if this is real, I'm starting to feel really ashamed now to be a Nintendo fan (or at least I was) with an Nintendo executive reinventing the way people should troll Nintendo.

I mean, really, WTF?

What troubles me more is that Nintendo fanboys will probably do nothing to contest this man's position.

Calm yourself. It's a joke.

Madouu

I mean, really, WTF?

It's a joke account TreasureHunterG

Top Bottom