• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins: New 2D Rayman game [U-CONF]

Snaku

Banned
watkinzez said:
Think of it this way. Do you want to play a video game designed by Ancel this year, or this decade?

I just wish Ubi had never shown that Pig trailer, when they clearly had no intention of letting Ancel make the game. It's been two f'n year. :(

Wikipedia says it's coming to XBLA, PSN, and iPad. No sources though, so may or may not be true. Would be kinda weird if it came to iPad but not Wii.

Perhaps someone can help me but the slap stick look of origins looks vaguely familiar. I can't quite place my finger upon it though. Regardless though I loved every minute of that trailer. Kudos to Rayman's platforming return

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cooljeanius said:
Wikipedia says it's coming to XBLA, PSN, and iPad. No sources though, so may or may not be true. Would be kinda weird if it came to iPad but not Wii.

If something on wikipedia doesn't have a source, don't repost it, and if it does have a source, repost it with a link to the source instead of to wikipedia.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
cooljeanius said:

Not really. The iPad has a resolution of 1024x768. That's probably close enough to a HD resolution to warrant a release on the platform.

Alex

CassSept said:
It's hard to make FPS in 2D.

Honestly though, they don't really sell that well, do they? It's true that 2D games are few and far apart, but those released didn't really rock the world of sales.
Sadly, as beautiful as 2D in HD looks, most consumers don't care about artistic side of games. Gritty, "realistic" shooters still sell best, the exception being Nintendo and sports games.

They're not that far apart, I personally picked up quite a few in the past year between download services, Wii and PC. They sell well enough to make plenty more of them. Most big productions don't favor 2D because of the obvious limitations.

Also, I have to ask, do we really have to roll out this whipping boy of Call of Duty and it's ilk every damn thread? There's not THAT many of them, they're easy to avoid (I sure do) and it's just getting obnoxious. Not every thread needs to be Candy Mascot Angst Vs Dudebro Vapidity.

Top Bottom