• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE 7 vs RE 2 Remake. Which patch the next Resident Evil game should follow?

RE7 vs RE2R

• Total voters

Apocryphon

I really enjoyed RE7, particularly in VR. Incredibly atmospheric, lots of tension, some interesting gameplay mechanics, and it was a nice departure from the all out action of RE6.. a game which I didn't enjoy at all.

I would quite happily play another game using your RE7 model and VR, but I would rather the main series builds upon RE2:R. I want to see RE3 before a RE8 however. The PSone games are among my all time favourite games and the RE2 remake was a great experience. I wish they had included spoders, more time in the streets, and possibly some.additional areas outside of the orphanage, but those aside... loved it!

After lurking for years, this thread made me want to sign up. Hi everyone.

I feel like the boundaries of a first person RE game haven't been pushed as far as they can go after a single game.

I loved the hell out of RE7 and it's probably one of my favorite games of this generation. I remember talking to one of my friends about how RE7 and BOTW did similar things philosophically, but executed them in completely different ways. Both RE7 and BOTW took things back to the series roots while simultaneously putting a new spin on things.

RE7 was the first game in the series since Code Veronica (other than REmake) that felt like OG RE. With the first person perspective and the different approach they took with the story it was incredibly refreshing. I really hope Capcom at least makes one more first person RE game.

Labolas

RE2 Remake. 7 has some issues like the molded are meh imo but is the game was a good addition to the series. RE2R did so much right and did the original justice.

The tank controls with fixed viewing perspective?
I remember the GCN version of REmake had a control option where you would walk/run by pushing down the right trigger (I think they removed it from later releases of REmake). I always thought that was the best possible way to do tank controls. I think it works better than the move-in-any-direction-control option in the later REmake releases.

I think it would actually be cool if they did the RE3 remake in that style, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Definitely Resident Evil 2 Remake.

VII is good, but REmake 2 is so much better. The best RE ever is still RE4 to me, but REmake2 is 2nd best. VII has a different feel to it..

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really liked what I’ve seen of RE7 (albeit through someone else’s playthrough). On it’s own merits, I think it’s a great game, with some great gameplay and mood callbacks to the originals (which the series sorely needed at that point).

But the tone here... it’s just all wrong. I applaud them so much for going with something original, but it just didn’t feel ‘RE’ to me, while great on it’s own merits, and that’s important.

RE2 on the other hand, has just about everything great about RE7, taken even further, it’s own stuff, and (naturally) feels tonally appropriate for the series.

I hope a new game pulls the best ideas from both, wherever applicable, but I feel RE2 is by far the better Resident Evil game, and direction for the franchise.

dolabla

RE2R.

Resident Evil should always be third person. And damn what I'd do for them to bring back the camera angles.

Since fixed-cam, tank control RE is completely and buried (which makes me incredibly sad) I'd have to say the RE2R formula is the way forward and I hope they stop half-assing Resident Evil going forth too.

First person made for a more up close and personal battle with enemies but all they did was slap at you so they wasn't very interesting to deal with, Also I prefer being able to see who I'm playing as. So yeah, RE2R.

GenericUser

I'm missing the option "both". I like both, RE2 was better, but RE7 was also really good. The only thing that RE7 was lacking was enemy variety and maybe a better pacing (especially towards the end of the game) but other then that, both games are outstanding.

Top Bottom