• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE: Revelations 2 spotted on russian retailer's site (PS4/ONE/PS360)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Strangely enough, that Russian retailer doesn't even have Resident Evil Revelations for Wii U and 3DS. I mean, the first one. Why?

i6CWtlBc4AcPt.gif

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
My antivirus software doesn't like that like, does anyone have an image?

Metallix87

Since people are asking for sales:

RE R HD sold 1.1 million

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/resident-evil-revelations-sells-11-million-units-on-pcconsoles

Capcom didn't even release numbers for RE on 3DS as far as I am aware of and the fact they ported it kind of shows their reaction.

In Japan:

RE5 (PS3) : 1.026 million
RE Racoon (PS3) : 336k
RE:R (3DS) : 283k
RE:R (PS3) : 188k
RE:R (WiiU) : 12k

So yeah the RE audience are definitely on consoles specifically PS360.

Capcom on RER 3DS

"Going by the 3DS market at the time we released the game, it was definitely a success and we're certainly hoping we can repeat that success with the home console version.
Given the large development costs we had on the 3DS version, we would have liked to have even a little more sales than we did in the end. But that doesn't mean we saw it as a failure by any means."

Neiteio

Guys, a Soviet spy told me the following:

- RER2 is set in a gym. Someone has removed all of the doorknobs, so Jill is unable to escape.

- Jill is wearing really, really, really tight yoga pants, because she's in a gym.

- The monsters are tall gangly creatures with "wandering fingers."

- Every other chapter, the game jumps to Chris, who has taken up Turkish oil wrestling.

- Chris is trapped in a sauna with burly monsters. The doorknobs have also been removed.

- Most polarizing plotline is Parker's. He's lost weight and is mistaken for Russell Crowe. Cast into "Gladiator 2," he fights zombies from a chariot.

I'll report back when I find out more. I'm using Bing Translate to understand this guy, so there might be some inaccuracies.
Update to above -- my source just leaked the first screen:

rer24ed4z.png

ArjanN

Wanna bet that it's fake?
No PC, sequel to a spin-off and also coming before the much rumored mainline RE are all red flags to me.

Does this retailer sell PC games? Also, Capcom usually likes to pretend their games don't have a PC version for a bit.

Piers

The fact it neglects the platform the former originally released on makes this rumour sound cynically believable.

Foffy

Banned
The fact it neglects the platform the former originally released on makes this rumour sound cynically believable.

Why is it cynical? The Resident Evil audience is very clearly on home platforms. If they're going forward in a direction fans responded well to - Revelations seems to have been received better than 6 - then it is important for them to run with that instead of moving in a direction of division.

Why is it cynical? The Resident Evil audience is very clearly on home platforms. If they're going forward in a direction fans responded well to - Revelations seems to have been received better than 6 - then it is important for them to run with that instead of moving in a direction of division.

If they're making a cross platform game why skip 3DS and Wii U? Especially when Nintendo and Capcom have worked so closely together on RE titles in the past?

Piers

That's pretty much why imo. They ditched Nintendo's own systems (specifically 3DS), where Revelations took off, even if Capcom weren't contracted to an exclusivity agreement. Similarly RE4 had that too — the best entry thus far at the time, and it was originally touted as a Gamecube-specific title.

Edit: To clarify, the handheld market is understandable - it was mostly the absence of even the Wii U that struck me as somewhat typical.

News Bot

Banned
That's pretty much why imo. They ditched Nintendo's own systems (specifically 3DS), where Revelations took off, even if Capcom weren't contracted to an exclusivity agreement. Similarly RE4 had that too — the best entry thus far at the time, and it was originally touted as a Gamecube-specific title.

It's happened with most games in the series since the first. CAPCOM will port anything if it suits them and don't sign exclusivity deals because it limits their own ability to actually sell and make money. So if a game does poor on one system, they can release it on several others and make up for it.

cvxfreak

A new Resident Evil announcement/trailer is long overdue. I can't ever remember any other time in the series that we've gone such a long time without the proper announcement of a new RE game since the release of the last one. RE5 was announced only 6 months after RE4, while Revelations was announced a few months after Darkside Chronicles. RE6 was announced a few days before Revelations hit.

Right now? I suppose if you want to count Revelations HD as a substantial new title, then we can say that was unveiled/launched a few months after RE6. But it's been 14 months since Revelations HD hit and nothing so far.

Jawmuncher

Doubt the rumored sequel will be called revelations 2. They'll probably go with another subtitle. Since that's the safest bet.

WarrenMax007: Did they literally know about ACIV: Black Flag? I mean, the exact title as well?
If i remember correctly they said in comments section for some game something like "New AC title will be announed soon". It sounded not like "There is new AC every year", but like "we know stuff".
Wanna bet that it's fake?
No PC, sequel to a spin-off and also coming before the much rumored mainline RE are all red flags to me.
This store is not selling PC version of games. Consoles only.

Weiss

Banned
I haven't played the console remake, but Revelations was one of my favourite 3DS games, so I was hoping I would see more of it.

Katarina

Neo Member
If this is true, this is great news. I loved the first one, played the mess out of the 3DS version and the console port.

Lernaean

Banned

So only two red flags out of three.
Guys, do whatever you want but don't be too excited, RE:R was a spin off, self contained, telling a specific story taking place between mainline RE's and actually finishing this story.
Its gameplay mechanics, apart the scanning, are pretty much classic behind-the-shoulder RE. It makes no sense even for Capcom to make a second Revelations. They may make RE7, or a reboot, or even another spin-off, but another R, i very much doubt.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not being unpleasant because i'm hating or anything. RE:R is one of my top 5 favorite RE games, i own four versions of it, it just doesn't make sense to continue it's or Jessica's story in another Revelations, they can do it elsewhere.

So only two red flags out of three.
Guys, do whatever you want but don't be too excited, RE:R was a spin off, self contained, telling a specific story taking place between mainline RE's and actually finishing this story.
Its gameplay mechanics, apart the scanning, are pretty much classic behind-the-shoulder RE. It makes no sense even for Capcom to make a second Revelations. They may make RE7, or a reboot, or even another spin-off, but another R, i very much doubt.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not being unpleasant because i'm hating or anything. RE:R is one of my top 5 favorite RE games, i own four versions of it, it just doesn't make sense to continue it's or Jessica's story in another Revelations, they can do it elsewhere.

If the Revelations subbrand is popular enough to earn them money then they will make a sequel. Even if there is no room in terms of story, they will invent one. It's a business, if there's money to be made, they will do it.

If it makes more business sense for Capcom to go with RE subbrands instead of mainline games, then they will go down that route. Or even better, do both things because that means more money.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If i remember correctly they said in comments section for some game something like "New AC title will be announed soon". It sounded not like "There is new AC every year", but like "we know stuff".

Ah, ok...it doesn't strike to me as that convincing. In the sense, if they had revealed the official title before the official announcement, that would've been far more convincing.

However, since you're here...why does the store not sell RE: Revelations for 3DS and Wii U? I mean, there are the other SKUs (except for PC), but not those on Nintendo consoles, and they sell their games in store. What's the reason? I'm asking because this could actually make RE:Rev 2 coming to Nintendo consoles potentially possible, even if not listed there.

impact

Banned
No Wii U or 3DS is understandable, but no PC? You da worst Capcpom.

If RE is going to be a shooter, at least let me have good controls!

Top Bottom