• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 help please

I know I could consult gamefaqs but I don't want to know how far I am into the game.

Ok I'm fighting that army commando looking guy. Any tips?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
are you fighting him in the sandstone training complex or are you fighting him during the quick time event?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Try to ignore him and go about your business pulling levers and getting that artifact thing you're supposed to retrieve. Seriously. Take pot shots when you need to, Flash Grenades are especially effective, but don't get into a pitched battle with him because you can't beat him. Yet. I don't remember, but there may be a couple points when you need to shoot him a little to make him go away, but I know you can't really kill him. Like I said, just mess him up a little while you navigate the area and do what you need to do.

When you get on top of the complex, THEN it's time to start whuppin' on him. At that point, I suggest using a knife when he gets close to you, like RIGHT when he's about to strike. It does quite a bit of damage to him. If you're not comfortable using the knife, bust out your revolver instead and shoot him when he drops his guard.

Sandman42

Just use the knife whenever he charges at you. Remember, against Krauser the knife is more powerful than a magnum.

You should be able to figure out the rest of the battle yourself.

Saoh

Tim the Wiz said:
Serious? Never realized this. Guess it would have made the fight go by quicker, oh well...:lol

yeah, kinda :lol the knife makes him vulnerable, and lets you use the magnum :)

andthebeatgoeson

Use your knife. A lot. It's the best tool you got. Found that out after getting demolished on Professional.

In the beginning, run for your life, up the ladder. Wait for him to hop up the ladder, time it to throw a grenade or hit him for some easy hits, then when he gets closer, pull out your knife and get him a few times. The only comparable weapon is a fully upgraded magnum (broken butterfly) or the hidden hyper-weapons. He'll throw a flash when he's had enough, collect all the items and go thru the door below you that was locked. After this, start running. Ignore that shotgun ammo and keep running. Try to avoid him if you can.

Keep running around the corner and across that bridge to the next dojo/building with a ladder and up and do the same as before. He'll be chasing you and will probably hop up the ladder before you but he takes awhile to turn around and that's your chance. Slash, slash, slash before he gets some cheap shots. If he doesn't beat you up the ladder, wait in the corner and as soon as you see him getting up the ladder, run to that spot and slash away.

He'll run away, collect all the stuff in the building/down the ladder and run towards your left. Get the flower, then up the steps and watch a cut scene. After the cut scene, run underneath the ledge. He'll be shooting at you and throwing bombs. If you run under and towards the farther side of the ledge, nothing can really get you. After awhile, he'll jump down. You have to really jump on him while he's going thru his animation. A few slashes and he should run away. All along, you may allow him to get close and look out for Quick Time button pressing: It'll show you either A+B or L+R as a way to dodge some attacks. It causes him damage. You need this to avoid damage and he's just too quick to keep a track on.

After this, push the block, unlock yourself, grab the red flower, get out. Make your way past the 2nd dojo/building and towards it's right. He'll be waiting around a corner, so be prepared. Throwing a grenade around the corner may help but sometimes, he'll jump out as you are setting up. Either way, you may have to get real close or he'll pull out his gun this time. If you have to shoot him, go for the head and a powerful pinpoint weapon. The shottie doesn't work as well from long distance, or at least the striker doesn't. Do that/slash him enough and he runs. At that 2nd dojo, you'll see another switch on the wall. It opens a gate to get down the ladder. Stop at the bottom and shoot those mech guys. They explode. Use some small handgun. There's two at the bottom and I usually go both ways. Walk slightly thru the left way and take those guys (4?) out and go back and go thru the right and take those guys out. I remember the easy difficulty allowed some people to sneak up on you if you didn't take care of both ways. Keep leading yourself around. Take out the mechs from afar. You'll hit a cutscene and the worst part about this is after the cutscene, some more mechs will just up and kinda have you cornered with your tank-like controls. Either way, after the cutscene with Krauser, do a quick 180 and run away. Slowly walk back and take out the mech guys from afar. Go up the steps, get the flowers, keep going toward the top, up a ladder.

First go look around. Don't pick up the stone first, wait and grab the magnum bullets and flower towards the left part of this huge platform. Then go grab the stone and watch the cutscene. Be on the lookout: I can't remember since I haven't played the easy difficulty in awhile but on Pro, he says 'get ready for your death leon' and you'll have another quicktime event A+B or L+R. If that doesn't happen, he hops down and with his new shield, blocks most gunfire. But not at the foot. You need a cheap machine gun or shotgun. Don't waste magnum bullets on shooting at his feet. Once you have staggered him, then shoot him with a magnum. Don't worry about the sniper rifle, it's too slow.

As well, using your knife is better but riskier. He's quick and can get out of the way pretty fast. What I like to do is get him pinned against a wall or ledge. Once you stagger him and hit him a few times, he'll backflip out of there. If he's pinned, he's got nowhere to go. But if not, he'll run up to you and sometimes do an attack you COULD dodge with a Quick Time Event but it's hard to recognize them based on his movement. He just springs it out. That's why he's such a bitch. Other guys give you a movement warning but Krauser is painful. My first time on Professional, I had to continue 12 times before I could kill him. Actually, he's so quick and does so many QTE, regular guns (including most magnums but I don't have the handcannon) are useless. You need the knife. But I'm still assuming you are on the easy difficulty. If you are, you can use guns and like I said, use the magnum but not against the shield.

After that, you should kill him after 8 slashes of the knife. Get the last piece of stone, and be mindful of the timer.

If this is your first time, I'm assuming you are on regular difficulty. Good, it was easier then and requires some skill on Pro. It's just getting down what you have to do. BTW, getting killed doesn't hurt as bad as in past REs. They'll restart you either at the beginning or at the top if you continue, depending on how far you get. The first part isn't as bad as fighting at the top. Just remember to hit him when he's jumping up ladders and run away from him other times.

Mato

skinnyrattler said:
Use your knife. A lot. It's the best tool you got. Found that out after getting demolished on Professional.

In the beginning, run for your life, up the ladder. Wait for him to hop up the ladder, time it to throw a grenade or hit him for some easy hits, then when he gets closer, pull out your knife and get him a few times. The only comparable weapon is a fully upgraded magnum (broken butterfly) or the hidden hyper-weapons. He'll throw a flash when he's had enough, collect all the items and go thru the door below you that was locked. After this, start running. Ignore that shotgun ammo and keep running. Try to avoid him if you can.

Keep running around the corner and across that bridge to the next dojo/building with a ladder and up and do the same as before. He'll be chasing you and will probably hop up the ladder before you but he takes awhile to turn around and that's your chance. Slash, slash, slash before he gets some cheap shots. If he doesn't beat you up the ladder, wait in the corner and as soon as you see him getting up the ladder, run to that spot and slash away.

He'll run away, collect all the stuff in the building/down the ladder and run towards your left. Get the flower, then up the steps and watch a cut scene. After the cut scene, run underneath the ledge. He'll be shooting at you and throwing bombs. If you run under and towards the farther side of the ledge, nothing can really get you. After awhile, he'll jump down. You have to really jump on him while he's going thru his animation. A few slashes and he should run away. All along, you may allow him to get close and look out for Quick Time button pressing: It'll show you either A+B or L+R as a way to dodge some attacks. It causes him damage. You need this to avoid damage and he's just too quick to keep a track on.

After this, push the block, unlock yourself, grab the red flower, get out. Make your way past the 2nd dojo/building and towards it's right. He'll be waiting around a corner, so be prepared. Throwing a grenade around the corner may help but sometimes, he'll jump out as you are setting up. Either way, you may have to get real close or he'll pull out his gun this time. If you have to shoot him, go for the head and a powerful pinpoint weapon. The shottie doesn't work as well from long distance, or at least the striker doesn't. Do that/slash him enough and he runs. At that 2nd dojo, you'll see another switch on the wall. It opens a gate to get down the ladder. Stop at the bottom and shoot those mech guys. They explode. Use some small handgun. There's two at the bottom and I usually go both ways. Walk slightly thru the left way and take those guys (4?) out and go back and go thru the right and take those guys out. I remember the easy difficulty allowed some people to sneak up on you if you didn't take care of both ways. Keep leading yourself around. Take out the mechs from afar. You'll hit a cutscene and the worst part about this is after the cutscene, some more mechs will just up and kinda have you cornered with your tank-like controls. Either way, after the cutscene with Krauser, do a quick 180 and run away. Slowly walk back and take out the mech guys from afar. Go up the steps, get the flowers, keep going toward the top, up a ladder.

First go look around. Don't pick up the stone first, wait and grab the magnum bullets and flower towards the left part of this huge platform. Then go grab the stone and watch the cutscene. Be on the lookout: I can't remember since I haven't played the easy difficulty in awhile but on Pro, he says 'get ready for your death leon' and you'll have another quicktime event A+B or L+R. If that doesn't happen, he hops down and with his new shield, blocks most gunfire. But not at the foot. You need a cheap machine gun or shotgun. Don't waste magnum bullets on shooting at his feet. Once you have staggered him, then shoot him with a magnum. Don't worry about the sniper rifle, it's too slow.

As well, using your knife is better but riskier. He's quick and can get out of the way pretty fast. What I like to do is get him pinned against a wall or ledge. Once you stagger him and hit him a few times, he'll backflip out of there. If he's pinned, he's got nowhere to go. But if not, he'll run up to you and sometimes do an attack you COULD dodge with a Quick Time Event but it's hard to recognize them based on his movement. He just springs it out. That's why he's such a bitch. Other guys give you a movement warning but Krauser is painful. My first time on Professional, I had to continue 12 times before I could kill him. Actually, he's so quick and does so many QTE, regular guns (including most magnums but I don't have the handcannon) are useless. You need the knife. But I'm still assuming you are on the easy difficulty. If you are, you can use guns and like I said, use the magnum but not against the shield.

After that, you should kill him after 8 slashes of the knife. Get the last piece of stone, and be mindful of the timer.

If this is your first time, I'm assuming you are on regular difficulty. Good, it was easier then and requires some skill on Pro. It's just getting down what you have to do. BTW, getting killed doesn't hurt as bad as in past REs. They'll restart you either at the beginning or at the top if you continue, depending on how far you get. The first part isn't as bad as fighting at the top. Just remember to hit him when he's jumping up ladders and run away from him other times.

Wow, you must really want him to kill Krauser.

andthebeatgoeson

Goddamn it. I'll just go back to trolling the PS3 then. Hahaha, $599. No games in top 30 of media-create this week. RE4 is better than the launch lineup.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Aaaaaaand cue the funny cat gifs.

what-a-night2.JPG

paperbag-cat-2.JPG

cat-wetkitty.jpg

cat-slippers.jpg

Egypt.JPG

Thanks for the tips everyone. I breazed past him and the rest of the game on my next try. The last boss was a pushover. Great game.

Top Bottom