• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reacher Season 2: You Do Not Mess With Sherlock Homeless

Release Date: December 15

Official Description: “‘Reacher’ Season Two begins when veteran military police investigator Jack Reacher (Alan Ritchson) receives a coded message that the members of his former U.S. Army unit, the 110th MP Special Investigations, are being mysteriously and brutally murdered one by one. Pulled from his drifter lifestyle, Reacher reunites with three of his former teammates turned chosen family to investigate, including Frances Neagley (Maria Sten); Karla Dixon (Serinda Swan), a forensic accountant for whom Reacher has long had a soft spot; and fast-talking, switchblade-wielding family man David O’Donnell (Shaun Sipos). Together, they begin to connect the dots in a mystery where the stakes get higher at every turn, and that brings about questions of who has betrayed them—and who will die next. Using his inimitable blend of smarts and size, Reacher will stop at nothing to uncover the truth and protect the members of his unit. If there’s one thing Reacher and his team know for certain, it’s that you do not mess with the Special Investigators. This season, get ready for Reacher and the 110th to hit back hard.”

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Nice! First season was really solid and a lot of fun. Alan Ritchson is killing it honestly, great casting.

Denton

Weird, I watched first season long time after it aired and it still feels like it's been ages.
Glad it is finally coming back.

GymWolf

How can anyone miss thad castle's new adventure?

thad-castle-bms.gif

Alx

Season 1 was entertaining, but I barely remember the plot, or cared about it actually. It was all about Reacher being a badass, punching fools and analyzing everything..

jason10mm

Gold Member
Looks awesome! I've not read many of the books but this seems more actiony than investigativey, I hope they can keep it grounded.

And I'm waiting for all the feminists to write in that this poor man is being objectified, held to an impossible physical standard, made to do revealing scenes without consent, and is a victim of the female gaze.

Oh wait, they are all salivating over that topless shot....

Vyse

Gold Member
Been reading Reacher since the 90’s. Really enjoyed season one. Looks like they are jumping around from the books quite a bit. Most books are very similar. Like Kung Fu, he’s a drifter who always finds trouble in a small town.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The role requires a Clint Eastwood vibe (in the body of The Hulk) and I don't think this dude pulls it off. He's kinda dorky.

I'll still watch it. First season was watchable.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I found this watchable and finished season 1 but I don’t remember a fuckin thing about the plot or where it ended

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
First season was ok, I'll watch a second. Also this season sounds like kinda like the plot of Commando.

jason10mm

Gold Member
First season was ok, I'll watch a second. Also this season sounds like kinda like the plot of Commando.
You say that like it is a bad thing......:p

And wasn't the plot of Commando that they were killing off his unit, and faking Bennet's death (sorry, spoilers), as a reason to force the brass to go to Matrix's house so the bad guys could then find him, kidnap the daughter as leverage so Matrix would then have to assassinate some rando third world leader?

That's actually convoluted enough that it could work as a TV season all by itself :p

Commando fun fact #1: Arnold was supposed to have a romantic subplot with the Rae Dawn Chong character, but they were afraid theaters in the South wouldn't run the movie/there would be boycotts.

Commando fun fact #2: Rae Dawn Chong is the daughter of Tommy Chong (of Cheech and Chong).

SJRB

Gold Member
I wonder if this guy could play Batman in Brave and the Bold.

He certainly has the physique.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Commando fun fact #1: Arnold was supposed to have a romantic subplot with the Rae Dawn Chong character, but they were afraid theaters in the South wouldn't run the movie/there would be boycotts.

Commando fun fact #2: Rae Dawn Chong is the daughter of Tommy Chong (of Cheech and Chong).
A romantic subplot would just feel creepy given how young RDC was in that film, like 22-23? Shes closer to his kids age than his own and in a film all about rescuing your daughter....just ewww. The race thing seems an odd excuse, why not just recast RDC then, it's not like she was a name draw at that time. That bit feels apocryphal rather than the real reason.

Doesn't matter though, Commando is almost a perfect film.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I can't wait! This is gonna hit HARD! I wonder if either cop from last season will come in to help
Supposedly not. They are both on Fall of the House of Usher. Obviously they can do multiple things but seems like they were off filming that instead (and DAMN, Willa is just STUNNING in that show, Mary McDonnell is a poor older version for sure, though I have issues with a lot of the casting in that show). I heard the only recurring character is Reacher's Memphis PI buddy.

For the most part, there's no carryover of the characters from one book to the next. Neagley is the big exception to that--she was his staff sergeant/XO/right hand in the army, including when he was in charge of his own investigation squad, the 110th, which is what this season's book is about. And she's the best detective type, and she's become a PI after the army. Other members of the 110th show up in a few other books, usually briefly, but it's very rare for any character who isn't from the army to come back for a second book.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Big white heroic dude beats the shit out of black criminal with a gun.

Not everyone at Amazon Studios is woke, folks.

phvk

Neo Member
20 mins in Episode 1 of Season 2 and I am bored out of my mind. Hoping it gets better as I loved the first season

Loved the first 3 episodes, even if they stretch the "how come the cops aren't showing up at this gunfight yet?" thing to the breaking point. And Karla Dixon is smoking hot, oh my lord.

There's a line of dialogue making it clear they are doing One Shot for season 3 (set between seasons 1 and 2, so like the books, they are jumping around in time).

Vyse

Gold Member
Really enjoying as well. What is up with Robert Patrick? He is starting to look like the Toxic Avenger. Talk about not aging well. Far cry from T2 and the X Files.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Really enjoying as well. What is up with Robert Patrick? He is starting to look like the Toxic Avenger. Talk about not aging well. Far cry from T2 and the X Files.
too soon, man, too soon

Top Bottom