• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

READ before buying 'Playstation Move Controllers' in anticipation of 'Playstation VR'

BadHand

I wonder if this will be a problem when the VR bundles are released. Will Sony be offloading a load of old move controllers repackaged into these bundles?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I bought 2 playstation move the other day and i followed the instructions of the OP and works perfect.First i charged each one for around 5-6 hours until the light disappear, and then i play with then in the ps4 game sportsfriends i have for free thanks to playstation plus and works perfect.25€ cost me each one new in amazon the next day after the reveal of the playstation vr price.

BadHand

The controllers will proably get updated anyway. I bought 2 and forgot they have the shitty ps3 USB charging ports.

If anything is updated, it'll just be the ports so people can use their PS4 charging cables.

The charging dock is very convenient and i recommend anyone planing on using move to get one.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Crossposting since I'd really kinda need to know today, else I can't return them:

I got some cheap Move controllers from a second hand store, but don't have a PS4 at hand (visiting the parents for the weekend). Is there any way to check if they work properly? The tiny red led is blinking when i hold the ps button, if that's any indicator

So are they repackaging and rereleasing the move controllers in October along with the VR? Will they be an updated version of the controller?

Z3M0G

Sorry for bump, but fuck I still need to dig mine out and do this... maybe this will remind others as well.

All the VR streams lately have made me want to break out my PS3 and Sports Champions...

gmoran

So those that own a Move Controller, is it charging? Let me know because I don't think mine are charging. I've tested all 4 of my controllers and none seems to be charging (the battery charging indicator doesn't flash as it should be when charging). I will charge them all for 12 hours and then provide an update if they work.

I just bought 2 Move controllers on Amazon UK and they refused to charge up. Tried on 2 different cables. Was about to send them back but found another mini USB and they charged fine.

Moves don't come with their own charge cable and I think they are a bit finicky.

I've bought an official dual Move charger off Amazon for £5 and that works like a charm and frees up precious PS4 USB slots as well.

dgco86

I had my Move controllers in the official charging station for about 12 hours. The charging indicator was blinking when I first plugged them in, and were off by the time I checked on them 12 hours later so I assume the charge was complete. Sadly, they don't seem to power up when I press the PS button. No light coming from the orb or the charging indicator whatsoever.

I also plugged these into the PS4 and they were detected, but the moment I unplugged the mini USB cable, I got a message saying the motion controller was disconnected.

Is it safe to say that I need new batteries?

Top Bottom