• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready to Rumble 3: Wii exclusive (?)

koam

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/ready-to-rumble-3-wii-actu-36929.html

Au lancement de la Dreamcast, Ready To Rumble était considéré par beaucoup de joueurs comme étant le meilleur titre du line-up. Il faut bien avouer que ce jeu de boxe qui n'avait rien d'une simulation nous proposait des parties endiablées à plusieurs où les coups fusaient sans difficulté. À l'époque, les développeurs de chez Midway Games s'étaient même payés le luxe d'offrir aux joueurs une déformation physique surprenante.

Bonne nouvelle puisque selon nos sources, Ready To Rumble devrait prochainement remonter sur le ring ! D'après nos informations, Ready To Rumble 3 serait en cours de développement exclusivement sur Wii pour le compte d'un gros éditeur américain. Très inspirés par les capacités de la console, les développeurs devraient se servir des deux pads (Nunchaku et télécommande) pour mimer des poings virtuels. On imagine déjà l'intensité des combats, surtout en multijoueur. Ready To Rumble 3 devrait être prochainement dévoilé pour une sortie pas avant l'année prochaine. On vous tient au courant.

My quick and dirty translation:

Blah blah blah, first one was released at dreamcast's launch.

According to our sources, ready to rumble 3 is being developed exclusively on the wii. Game will use nunchuck and wiimote to mimic virtual fists. Should be unveiled soon and release next year.

fresquito

Welcome your daddy back :)

afrostoned.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
:O

Would be the next best thing since Punch-out isn't coming. Though the source isn't exactly the best for believing in such a unlikely thing.

argon

Would be a dumb move by Midway, if true... A PS2/360/PS3 port would be easy money, unless the controls actually map movements instead of just being gesture-based.

argon said:
Would be a dumb move by Midway, if true... A PS2/360/PS3 port would be easy money, unless the controls actually map movements instead of just being gesture-based.

Why wouldn't they?

And boosting the graphics to something acceptable PS3/360 would not be quick money. GUN and Godfather notwithstanding.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
sucks, i think ready 2 rumble would look pretty good on the ps3/360. For a dreamcast game, I thought it looked pretty good back then.

I remember playing in some Ready 2 rumble tournaments with friends years ago. :p

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I didn't like the first one, but if the 3rd one can offer FightNight3-style gameplay with cartoony graphics, I'll try it.

Anyone kinda wondering how long you could play a wii boxing game without getting tired? While we're on the subject, anyone thought about attaching weights to wiimote/nunchuck while playing for a excercise purposes?

Xellos

Giving an arcadey boxing franchise motion based controls for both hands seems like a good idea to me. I didn't play R2R 1 or 2 (other than maybe a demo on DC), but I'll definitely watch for this game, if the rumor is true.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If they made it for the PS3 they'd have to rename it.

READY 2 not RUMBLE!
HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Immersion strikes again!

LOcKY

i hope this means we might get 2 Wii controllers as standard, one for each hand or is that being too optimistic from nintendo?

ZeoVGM

Banned
LOcKY said:
i hope this means we might get 2 Wii controllers as standard, one for each hand or is that being too optimistic from nintendo?

uh, why would you hope this means we get 2 Wii controllers, exactly?

bumpkin

fresquito said:

afrostoned.jpg
"Dance sucka! Dance!" :lol

I loved Ready to Rumble on the Dreamcast... Looks like Nintendo may be behind the ball on Punch-Out, but at least someone else is on top of bringing us some nunchuck pugilism.

LOcKY said:
There are gyros in both the Wiimote and the nunchuk, you wouldn't need 2 wiimotes.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Punch Out Wii was my firts idea the firts time we now about the Wiimote.

R2R sucks, but in fact, if applied to the Wiimote+Nunchuck and with the super slash and gametipe from punchout would be amuzing.

Super Punch Out!! is the best boxing game ever. Fun for all.

koam

tanasten said:
Punch Out Wii was my firts idea the firts time we now about the Wiimote.

R2R sucks, but in fact, if applied to the Wiimote+Nunchuck and with the super slash and gametipe from punchout would be amuzing.

Super Punch Out!! is the best boxing game ever. Fun for all.

No, Mike Tyson's Punch Out is the best boxing game ever, SPO is second. Anyway, I like the R2R series though I do prefer the recent Rocky games. I'm hoping that we get a Rocky Balboa game (based on the new movie) on the Wii that uses the motion detection. I don't want a nunchuck/wiimote config though, i'd rather have two wiimotes (mainly for form factor and to not have to worry about the wire when you do uppercuts and such).

I would also love for there to be a boxing game that supports the bongos, that would be fun.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The virtual Michael Buffer in these games weirds me out more than the real one...and I already think the real one is an android...

sharkie

YESSSS now parents could knock out there kids and blame it on the game woohoo, so how long do you guys reckon until the first court case involving everyones favourite lawyer ???

fresquito said:

afrostoned.jpg
Yes!
PantherLotus said:
If they made it for the PS3 they'd have to rename it.

READY 2 not RUMBLE!
HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Immersion strikes again!
YES!!!
sharkie said:
YESSSS now parents could knock out there kids and blame it on the game woohoo, so how long do you guys reckon until the first court case involving everyones favourite lawyer ???
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Phoenix-wright-ryuichi.jpg

Top Bottom